Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
To me there’s nothing “bland” about actual real time lighting with simulated orbits, stars, suns, etc. No other game even trying a simulation like that.

BG3 doesn’t even have a simple day/night cycle.

What? No Man's Sky, Elite Dangerous, the X series, etc. This is not the first game to do that and it is not as good as games that are already out.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
To me there’s nothing “bland” about actual real time lighting with simulated orbits, stars, suns, etc. No other game even trying a simulation like that.

BG3 doesn’t even have a simple day/night cycle.

Its bland because the art direction and general aesthetic is lacking. Its the reason a game like Sea of Stars for example is more pleasing to the eye to me than Starfield. This a matter of personal preference anyway, IDK why your trying to argue with me over my tastes.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What? No Man's Sky, Elite Dangerous, the X series, etc. This is not the first game to do that and it is not as good as games that are already out.
No man’s sky doesn’t do the lighting or orbit simulations at all It’s a simple day night cycle. Elite dangerous is VERY limited on what’s actually going on in the atmosphere of planets. All the planets you can land on are kinda baren with no atmosphere like a moon. Don’t know about the x series.

No game i know if is even attempting to do all of what starfiled is doing. Some bits and pieces, but not all at once.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its bland because the art direction and general aesthetic is lacking. Its the reason a game like Sea of Stars for example is more pleasing to the eye to me than Starfield. This a matter of personal preference anyway, IDK why your trying to argue with me over my tastes.
Big difference between graphics and art style. You first said graphics were bad and either said(i don’t remember if you said it) or definitely co-signed other people saying it “looks like a ps4 game”

I correct that with actual facts and now it’s “well it’s just my opinion i don’t like the art”

Never an honest exchange with you weirdos :smh:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
it has some puzzling design choices for sure.

like why don't you have a fukking vehicle to explore with on planets
??? So you telling me I can build/have this super high tech ship to "fly" around the galaxy in but a lil humvee to traverse these huge expanses is out of the question? does this make any sense from a videogame design standpoint? Even from a logical standpoint.

This actually makes me mad. I'm on the first planet I've tried exploring and I'm already tired of jumping around.

I feel like the game is fun minus traveling and fighting. Unfortunately that's most of the game. I'll give the game another chance I'm only level 7 maybe it gets better.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Big difference between graphics and art style. You first said graphics were bad and either said(i don’t remember if you said it) or definitely co-signed other people saying it “looks like a ps4 game”

I correct that with actual facts and now it’s “well it’s just my opinion i don’t like the art”

Never an honest exchange with you weirdos :smh:

It does look like a ps4 game. All the extra shyt like orbits and 1000 planets and putting 7804 sandwiches in your ship doesn't change that, its probably why it does look like one. Could this run on a ps4? probably not. You are confusing the visuals for the technical shyt going on. And newsflash this is all just opinions are you serious???

You're the weirdo. You could be posting in the official thread around like minded folks who love the game but rather be in here with the folks who think its a 7/8.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This actually makes me mad. I'm on the first planet I've tried exploring and I'm already tired of jumping around.

I feel like the game is fun minus traveling and fighting. Unfortunately that's most of the game. I'll give the game another chance I'm only level 7 maybe it gets better.

Don't say this too loud one of these goofballs gonna come in here and try to explain how not having a vehicle to use on these planets is actually genius game design

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think anyone was making an argument that BG3 is some revolutionary game, its just a perfect refinement of what it sets out to be.

What is exemplary about starfield, other than it being big? And yes I've played it in case you try to use that. I'm not even saying the game is bad, its just far from great.
And starfield isn't a perfect refinement of Bethesda well known mechanics and gameplay features?

Being big is a huge understatement.

It's cool though getting a massive galaxy expanding jrpg "meh" but final fantasy 16 :banderas: 10/10

Meanwhile I've already played 2 side quest that are more engaging than the whole story of 16.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's cool though getting a massive galaxy expanding jrpg "meh" but final fantasy 16 :banderas: 10/10

About to finish this and I'ma just drop this here instead of typing again

9/10 overall

I would highly recommend it either way even with the gripes I have with it.

You yourself gave it a 9/10 :mjlol:

nikkas really be stanning themselves into a pretzel

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
And starfield isn't a perfect refinement of Bethesda well known mechanics and gameplay features?

Being big is a huge understatement.

Meanwhile I've already played 2 side quest that are more engaging than the whole story of 16.

Who said 16 was a 10? I had it like 9-9.5 because I loved it but it has definitive flaws.

16 had a pretty great story. I know youre just stanning but What are these starfield missions so I can look out for them. Im always open to being impressed.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You yourself gave it a 9/10 :mjlol:

nikkas really be stanning themselves into a pretzel

Receipts strike again :deadrose:

(agree with Titan on it being a 9/10...def not a 9.5 or 10/10).

If @Aveda got a 4090 on max settings playing on a C1 and it's not looking that great then it is what it is. :yeshrug: