Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
The problem is there's literally NO reason for this game to take place in space. Can't walk more than ten minutes from your ship. Can't walk to the mountain in the distance without the tiles randomizing. Can't fly to the planet/ moon in the distance because your ship is a glorified fast travel hub, which is SLOWER than just opening your menu and directly teleporting to places, since the ship involves like 4 loading screens and teleporting requires 1. These expectations were set by Todd himself, so you can't say people were expecting too much. "See that moon over there? It's actually there, orbiting the planet, and yes, you can go there too."

These "tiles" you explore could have all been on like 5 planets with no change to the player's experience.
You sound like somebody who hasn’t played the game

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
You sound like somebody who hasn’t played the game
Nah, everything he has said is true and a big fail in my book. For how unimportant space is in regards to travel they could of cut out the ship part and made you take a charter ship to destinations. You are not traveling/exploring in space when you are on your ship, just extremely small grids in orbit around planets and stations

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Nah, everything he has said is true and a big fail in my book. For how unimportant space is in regards to travel they could have cut out the ship part and made you take a charter ship to destinations. You are not traveling/exploring in space when you are on your ship, just extremely small grids in orbit around planets and stations
Breh he literally just said you can’t walk 10 mins away from your ship :comeon: Now we can’t walk to a mountain we might see? What game are y’all playing? Sure the space travel is a lil underwhelming but Bethesda ain’t known for any type of vehicles not called a horse. And since when can you not land on a moon you’ve seen?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
a couple hours in and a 7 for this seems completely on point objectively speaking :yeshrug:

not a bad or poorly made title at all but I have zero desire to get lost in this world like I did in Skyrim. Def a game worth buying (if you only have a xbox)

Now, people say the beginning is the dryest part so my score can go up. I like to antagonize those xbox dentheads as much as anyone but I'm nto about to front on a good game period.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Wish I bought the PC version instead , the Series X version looks like a base ps4 game.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
One thing that i truly believe is that some people give favorable views because they know modders are going to fix a lot of shyt, as with every other Bethesda game.
I know it's bethesda so mods are a given, but I expect the game to be reviewed out of the box. Not assuming the consumer plans on using mods.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Wish I bought the PC version instead , the Series X version looks like a base ps4 game.

uh oh

@Leasy @MeachTheMonster @The Mad Titan @Bathing Ape @TripleAgent @Pressure @Bryan Danielson @DaSk8D00D :lolbron:

1694032464499-f8babaa0a0e8ee176c06efd3d850bd4a.gif

@Gizmo_Duck @levitate @Diondon @CoolinInTheCut @gurf @Dorian Breh @Aveda @Artificial Intelligence @Khalil's_Black_Excellence @ItWasWritten @Animal House @ORDER_66 :pachaha:

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'd say it's visually inconsistent lighting spots look crazy good some character models too. The difference between new Atlantis and neon is night and day literally.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Breh he literally just said you can’t walk 10 mins away from your ship :comeon: Now we can’t walk to a mountain we might see? What game are y’all playing? Sure the space travel is a lil underwhelming but Bethesda ain’t known for any type of vehicles not called a horse. And since when can you not land on a moon you’ve seen?

Bethesda games are known for being able to explore, true open world games. Not being able to travel normally through a star system, in a ship without fast travel, in a game called Starfield is wild.