Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Look man, I got no dog in this fight as I'm a PC gamer currently playing "Baldur's Gate 3"....

Having said that, your post is the reason why developers feel comfortable half assing shyt, and exactly why several devs were copping pleas before "BG3" even came out.

You're talking about people should know better than to listen to promises made by the people that make the game.

:gucci:

Man....what?

As a consumer it's not my job to have realistic expectations based on things you promised. If a developer tells me there's gonna be 5,000 real worlds, all fully rendered and populated....I'm gonna expect that.

And I don't give a fukk if it's unrealistic or flat out impossible. If that's the case sell your game without lying to people.

Fred.
But they didn’t make any of those claims.

They even said LOTS of area on the planets would be fairly baren.

This is just people making up shyt to pretend to be “disappointed”

Obviously it's procedural, so there's no way we're going to go and handcraft an entire planet," Howard continued. "What we do is we handcraft individual locations and some of those are placed specifically, [like] the main cities and other quest locations, and then we have a suite of them that are generated or placed when you land depending on that planet."

He literally detailed exactly how the game works.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
But they didn’t make any of those claims.

They even said LOTS of area on the planets would be fairly baren.

This is just people making up shyt to pretend to be “disappointed”

He literally detailed exactly how the game works.
The problem is there's literally NO reason for this game to take place in space. Can't walk more than ten minutes from your ship. Can't walk to the mountain in the distance without the tiles randomizing. Can't fly to the planet/ moon in the distance because your ship is a glorified fast travel hub, which is SLOWER than just opening your menu and directly teleporting to places, since the ship involves like 4 loading screens and teleporting requires 1. These expectations were set by Todd himself, so you can't say people were expecting too much. "See that moon over there? It's actually there, orbiting the planet, and yes, you can go there too."

These "tiles" you explore could have all been on like 5 planets with no change to the player's experience.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The problem is there's literally NO reason for this game to take place in space. Can't walk more than ten minutes from your ship. Can't walk to the mountain in the distance without the tiles randomizing. Can't fly to the planet/ moon in the distance because your ship is a glorified fast travel hub, which is SLOWER than just opening your menu and directly teleporting to places, since the ship involves like 4 loading screens and teleporting requires 1. These expectations were set by Todd himself.
You don’t have the game, don’t plan to play it. Lots of people seem to enjoy it.

You a weirdo.

And he did detail how the ships would work a long time ago.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

The fukk kind of A.I is that at 10:40 :heh:

That may have been the worst reaction to sniper fire I've seen in a video game :mjlol:

Perfect Dark A.I had more of a reaction than that. Nah man.