Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Dudes expecting ONE life sized planet, let alone thousands, gotta be brain damaged. Are y'all not understanding the time it would take to navigate Earth by foot? Even with smaller planets, just think of how long it would take to travel just ONE of Earth's hemispheres. You think you gonna be able to fit all that detail in a 100GB game?

And that's one planet, y'all wanted that shyt for thousands of them :mjlol: :mjlol: yeah the advertising was a bit misleading, but any rational adult already knew that shyt isn't even possible yet.

Do me a favor, walk 100 miles from your house, tell me how long it took you, and tell me if you think it's realistic to be able to traverse by foot thousands of planets, man-child bruvs

EDIT: I can not and will not defend those swim mechanics. They should be ashamed.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Dudes expecting ONE life sized planet, let alone thousands, gotta be brain damaged. Are y'all not understanding the time it would take to navigate Earth by foot? Even with smaller planets, just think of how long it would take to travel just ONE of Earth's hemispheres. You think you gonna be able to fit all that detail in a 100GB game?

And that's one planet, y'all wanted that shyt for thousands of them :mjlol: :mjlol: yeah the advertising was a bit misleading, but any rational adult already knew that shyt isn't even possible yet.

Do me a favor, walk 100 miles from your house, tell me how long it took you, and tell me if you think it's realistic to be able to traverse by foot thousands of planets, man-child bruvs

EDIT: I can not and will not defend those swim mechanics. They should be ashamed.
I don’t think they expected it but the dev did make those promises

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Look man, I got no dog in this fight as I'm a PC gamer currently playing "Baldur's Gate 3"....

Having said that, your post is the reason why developers feel comfortable half assing shyt, and exactly why several devs were copping pleas before "BG3" even came out.

You're talking about people should know better than to listen to promises made by the people that make the game.

:gucci:

Man....what?

As a consumer it's not my job to have realistic expectations based on things you promised. If a developer tells me there's gonna be 5,000 real worlds, all fully rendered and populated....I'm gonna expect that.

And I don't give a fukk if it's unrealistic or flat out impossible. If that's the case sell your game without lying to people.

Fred.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Look man, I got no dog in this fight as I'm a PC gamer currently playing "Baldur's Gate 3"....

Having said that, your post is the reason why developers feel comfortable half assing shyt, and exactly why several devs were copping pleas before "BG3" even came out.

You're talking about people should know better than to listen to promises made by the people that make the game.

:gucci:

Man....what?

As a consumer it's not my job to have realistic expectations based on things you promised. If a developer tells me there's gonna be 5,000 real worlds, all fully rendered and populated....I'm gonna expect that.

And I don't give a fukk if it's unrealistic or flat out impossible. If that's the case sell your game without lying to people.

Fred.
:ehh:there's 2 sides to this coin and yours is certainly valid as well. I still find it hilarious dudes drank the Kool aid & really thought they were gonna traverse a life-sized planet though, let alone THOUSANDS of them

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

That's why they're getting destroyed to be honest and the stannery.

People were butting up in the Zelda, Final Fantasy 16, Baldur's Gate 3, GoW, Elden Ring, etc. discussions around the internet talking:
"Starfield this. Starfield that. You know what other game has combat?? Starfield. You know what got exploration? Starfield. Starfield about to shut all this shyt down. etc."

Cats were trying to not let other people enjoy their legit GOTY/GOTY-contender games, that were already out and being played.

All to drop a 7/10 game after 10 years and nearly half a billion dollars later.

All that talk in those discussions did nothing but increase the surface area of their L. Be humble next time.

Last edited: