Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Game is pretty much being reviewed as “good”. Not ground breaking. Not game of the year material. But a solid game overall. I’m not mad at it. Sucks for those that were screaming game of the year though.
I've been reading this reddit post and you pretty much sum up the feedback I'm seeing

Still gonna play it and probably would pick it up if I wasn't occupied with BG3, but I'm in no rush.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I put in five hours and I'm bored out of mind. I'm playing on very hard and enemy AI is atrocious. They're just bullet sponges that stand and crouch. The lighting is trash and colors washed out, no HDR on PC, don't know about console. Ship combat is boring, just center your cam on enemies, wait for it to say lock, and spam your three weapons and they die easily even on very hard. Some graphics are great, some, especially backgrounds, are xbox 360 level. There is a lot of content and story but the combat is so bland I feel demotivated to even do it.

It really gives off Cyberpunk launch vibes but with 10% of the options in combat, and that combat was trash, too.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is a rpg no man sky isn't not sure why that game gets brought up when they're doing two different things.

Anyway no I'm not underselling it, it takes 5-10 seconds for loading its relatively short.

First of all, No Man's Sky IS literally an RPG. You take on the **role** of a space explorer and document the galaxy, name animals and planets, fight in space battles and build bases while uncovering the mystery at the center of the universe. There is nothing more RPG than that.

And the reason people bring it up is because the gameplay is incredibly similar-- scanning and documenting creatures and plants on planets, building a space ship, fighting pirates in space dogfights, using a laser to mine resources, procedural generation, third and first person perspective, list goes on and on.

:ufdup:

And finally, you are underselling the loading screens by saying they're only 5-10 seconds. The length of the loading screens isn't the problem, it's the AMOUNT of loading screens as I already laid out for you. You load after so many different things, things that shouldn't be a loading screen.

That's one of the other reasons people bring up No Man's Sky; outside of the fact that the games are visual similar, No Man's Sky does exactly what Starfield does but without loading. You can fight pirates in space AND land on the planet y'all was fighting in front of without a single loading screen. There is zero reason Starfield couldn't do that same thing.

So, yeah, you're being disingenuous.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Stopped reading eight here, :dead: at this shyt. Some of you negros truly unhinged

You made a good choice running away from the smoke, because:

Screen-Shot-2023-09-02-at-12-01-34-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-09-01-at-11-58-40-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-09-01-at-11-57-55-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-09-01-at-11-57-16-PM.png

I understand that you people are married to your opinions, but you gonna have to hold this L, sport :francis:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
You made a good choice running away from the smoke, because:

Screen-Shot-2023-09-02-at-12-01-34-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-09-01-at-11-58-40-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-09-01-at-11-57-55-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-09-01-at-11-57-16-PM.png

I understand that you people are married to your opinions, but you gonna have to hold this L, sport :francis:
That dude is desperately clinging to the narrative that the reason exploration and character models in Starfield look like an early PS3 era game, is that is offers a rich RPG experience where player choice really matters

It turns out your actions in this world are completely irrelevant as well

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I've got insight into the internals of this company.

It's a shyt show who cuts corners. I completely saw this coming.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That dude is desperately clinging to the narrative that the reason exploration and character models in Starfield look like an early PS3 era game, is that is offers a rich RPG experience where player choice really matters

It turns out your actions in this world are completely irrelevant as well

Yeah, it's clear to me that he needed Starfield to succeed in order to "stick it to Playstation", like the majority of these clowns I'm seeing on Twitter.

I don't care one way or the other-- I'm a PC guy. I just don't like to see lies and bad faith arguments. I'm enjoying Starfield :manny:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, it's clear to me that he needed Starfield to succeed in order to "stick it to Playstation", like the majority of these clowns I'm seeing on Twitter.

I don't care one way or the other-- I'm a PC guy. I just don't like to see lies and bad faith arguments. I'm enjoying Starfield :manny:
They should be happy with an 87 MC game, but it's clear the main appeal of this game for them was the ability to thumb their noses at PS5 owners. None of these dudes even copped the early access.