Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
I've been trolling, but I'm watching a playthrough (Brian Menard) and the ship seems oddly kinda pointless given how many menu transitions actually make up the space travel in the game...it's like the ship is storage and a conduit to fast travel, but for people like me who really want to explore space, it's lacking. All the on planet/ship stuff is cool, but after playing Cyberpunk for example, the acting and animations during conversations look janky and stiff.
Definitely a game I would like to play, but the actual spacecraft stuff isn't calling to me like I thought it would pre release.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've been trolling, but I'm watching a playthrough (Brian Menard) and the ship seems oddly kinda pointless given how many menu transitions actually make up the space travel in the game...it's like the ship is storage and a conduit to fast travel, but for people like me who really want to explore space, it's lacking. All the on planet/ship stuff is cool, but after playing Cyberpunk for example, the acting and animations during conversations look janky and stiff.
Definitely a game I would like to play, but the actual spacecraft stuff isn't calling to me like I thought it would pre release.

I’ve been watching streams also, and the whole experience just seems very…unremarkable. There’s nothing elegant or creative about how all the systems come together. It feels like they took Fallout 4 and chopped it up into difference pieces

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
@Gizmo_Duck

What do you think about this ?

Have our Xbox Brothers been lied too and swindled ?

Brother Reforge says the reason the Series S runs so smooth is because it was downgraded to play on the S, then ported over to the Series X - with a higher res. He then goes on to say there is nothing next gen about the game at all that would require a 30 fps cap.

If you think about it, this explains all the load screens… I mean what is this 2014 ? Wow.

Brothers who paid 499 for a premium experience are again crippled but the S. They should be enjoying this game at 60 fps.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
@Gizmo_Duck

Brother Reforge says the reason the Series S runs so smooth is because it was downgraded to play on the S, then ported over to the Series X - with a higher res. He then goes on to say there is nothing next gen about the game at all that would require a 30 fps cap.

If you think about it, this explains all the load screens… I mean what is this 2014 ? Wow.

Brothers who paid 499 for a premium experience are again crippled but the S. They should be enjoying this game at 60 fps.
:scust: y’all out here playing high res series s ports

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ge says the reason the Series S runs so smooth is because it was downgraded to play on the S, then ported over to the Series X - with a higher res. He then goes on to say there is nothing next gen about the game at all that would require a 30 fps cap.

I think thats obvious. If you look at the game its a lot of little areas, with static sky boxes, disappearing npc’s, no real water or weather physics, npc’s aren’t very dynamic in their patterns, etc. and all that is broken up into little areas, segmented by loading screens.

The game looks very last gen in almost every way. Its similar to God of War Ragnarok how it just feels like a bunch of sections, but Ragnarok runs in over 100fps in performance mode also:yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Gizmo_Duck

makes 100% sense and other devs have said the same.

you gotta make sure it runs on the S so that has to be the lead console. Trying to go in reverse from X to S would be a headache. Why are people surprised? The S is trash and was dumb. It's holding back the X.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
game doesn't run great on PC, and it's mostly GPU bound. makes sense the consoles are 30fps

Not really when I just posted a configuration to get this game running at a solid 30 on the Steam Deck

They really just didnt want this game to look any worse than it currently does on console

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So wait a second, you don't actually fly around and get to explore on some space shyt like that outside of combat? :dwillhuh: I'm reading that the planets are invisible walled and you gotta fast travel everywhere.

I'm kinda glad my BG3 playthrough is taking so long. This does sound pretty disappointing, not sure if im gonna bother. though the floor is still "Fallout in space" so im sure the game will do fine.
I couldn’t actually believe it when I read it. I was like :gucci:

People want to live their space travel fantasies flying around space and exploring, travelling to planets and landing, etc and you deny them that that shyt. What’s the fukking point of this game then

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Not really when I just posted a configuration to get this game running at a solid 30 on the Steam Deck

They really just didnt want this game to look any worse than it currently does on console
what are the settings? everything on low, 50% res w/ FSR, and probably still not "solid"?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
makes 100% sense and other devs have said the same.

you gotta make sure it runs on the S so that has to be the lead console. Trying to go in reverse from X to S would be a headache. Why are people surprised? The S is trash and was dumb. It's holding back the X.
It may even be holding back pc

As I understand it, you can’t even change FOV

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah, the game being oddly UI heavy is something I’m hearing a lot and apparently the UI isn’t the most intuitive either.
Still eager to play it when it becomes available on GamePass. I’m not paying anything to play it early even if it was game of the generation