Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I def enjoyed based CP more than starfield, bugs and all. Its a much more convincing story
I like Cyberpunk, I have multiple posts to defend it in it's official thread but it was still released broken. They just now got the police AI to work properly, and the character animations were stiff as shyt. At it's core though Starfield was released a more complete game and it works, there aren't any major complaints about it's performance as far as not being able to play it. @BBG Is the only person I know who is playing on Xbox having the problem he is having. I have several coworkers who played this and have no issues. Not to mention I'm sorry, but combat in CP2077 isn't better than Starfield once you unlock Dishonored powers and Doom power slides and shyt. Starfields combat is the shyt once you actually level it up. I agree with complaints about how easy it can be and definitely feel like they can make it a little more challenging, but the combat itself how it functions is fantastic for a game with this many RPG elements to it. No base Cyberpunk is not a better game than Starfield. I'd argue for what it's trying to accomplish 2.0 Cyberpunk is SLIGHTLY better than Starfield, but not by a lot. Starfield has far more potential and y'all will see that one day.

Also just to add not all of my coworkers liked Starfield. 5 coworkers played it that I know of, 2 love it, one was eh, and the others thought it was boring as shyt. Starfield isn't for everybody, just like No Man's Sky isn't, and Elite Dangerous, and Star Citizen. It's an acquired taste. It's a Bethesda ass Bethesda game, arguably the most Bethesda game they ever made. Either you like Bethesda games or you don't. They have their formula and they aren't changing it, their games are still popular and make money without changing anything because some people like their formula.

This game infinitely doubles down on the... filler aspects of Skyrim qnd Fallout 4 is all I will say. I played Skyrim for years because I just enjoyed how the game felt and played . Starfield is the same to me, I really like this game. I put Skyrim down finally to play Starfield because Starfield hasn't gotten old to me yet. You either like it or you don't. I'm not gonna try to change anyones opinion about it, but to say an objectively broken game at all levels is better than an at least solid and finished product that can easily and will be built upon in the future, nah I can't let that slide fam.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I like Cyberpunk, I have multiple posts to defend it in it's official thread but it was still released broken. They just now got the police AI to work properly, and the character animations were stiff as shyt. At it's core though Starfield was released a more complete game and it works, there aren't any major complaints about it's performance as far as not being able to play it. @BBG Is the only person I know who is playing on Xbox having the problem he is having. I have several coworkers who played this and have no issues. Not to mention I'm sorry, but combat in CP2077 isn't better than Starfield once you unlock Dishonored powers and Doom power slides and shyt. Starfields combat is the shyt once you actually level it up. I agree with complaints about how easy it can be and definitely feel like they can make it a little more challenging, but the combat itself how it functions is fantastic for a game with this many RPG elements to it. No base Cyberpunk is not a better game than Starfield. I'd argue for what it's trying to accomplish 2.0 Cyberpunk is SLIGHTLY better than Starfield, but not by a lot. Starfield has far more potential and y'all will see that one day.

Also just to add not all of my coworkers liked Starfield. 5 coworkers played it that I know of, 2 love it, one was eh, and the others thought it was boring as shyt. Starfield isn't for everybody, just like No Man's Sky isn't, and Elite Dangerous, and Star Citizen. It's an acquired taste. It's a Bethesda ass Bethesda game, arguably the most Bethesda game they ever made. Either you like Bethesda games or you don't. They have their formula and they aren't changing it, their games are still popular and make money without changing anything because some people like their formula.

This game infinitely doubles down on the... filler aspects of Skyrim qnd Fallout 4 is all I will say. I played Skyrim for years because I just enjoyed how the game felt and played . Starfield is the same to me, I really like this game. I put Skyrim down finally to play Starfield because Starfield hasn't gotten old to me yet. You either like it or you don't. I'm not gonna try to change anyones opinion about it, but to say an objectively broken game at all levels is better than an at least solid and finished product that can easily and will be built upon in the future, nah I can't let that slide fam.

Ehh if you feel that way its gucci but CP gunplay feels wayyyyy better to me. And ultimately the gap in quality between story is immense. 2.0 def aint slightly better its considerably better. In basically all facets.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Ehh if you feel that way its gucci but CP gunplay feels wayyyyy better to me. And ultimately the gap in quality between story is immense. 2.0 def aint slightly better its considerably better. In basically all facets.
Nah, not really. It's slightly better because honestly my biggest complaint about Cyberpunks story was that it was fukking ass honestly. The characters made that game, not the story. Panam and Judy are awesome characters, so is Kerry. Starfield actually has plenty of story and it's actually well written and designed(See the UC Vanguard questline), but at the same time Bethesda isn't driving their game by the story, you literally never have to play the story and you could still sink hundres of hours into this. Eventually you'll play the story and move on.

I give Starfield an 8/10 at it's start. A good game with room for improvement and I've said this many times, I'm not nominating this for Game of the Year even though it's my most played game this year. That is what it is to start. Let Starfield cook bro trust me like Aaron Rodgers said 'RELAAAAAAAAX' famo, this game is gonna be an amazing ride Bethesda games always got better with DLC's and they've never not dropped DLC.

Cyberpunk was literally a 4/10 because it was fukking broken bro. With the 2.0 release and the expansion, yes it's probably a 9/10 but it had a long way to go to get where it is. I really hate having to compare these two games because they are trying to accomplish two different things. Cyberpunk is more narrative driven and story focused, Starfield is fukkery focused. They aren't trying to accomplish the same thing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah, not really. It's slightly better because honestly my biggest complaint about Cyberpunks story was that it was fukking ass honestly. The characters made that game, not the story. Panam and Judy are awesome characters, so is Kerry. Starfield actually has plenty of story and it's actually well written and designed(See the UC Vanguard questline)
Cyberpunk is more narrative driven and story focused, Starfield is fukkery focused. They aren't trying to accomplish the same thing.

Go to sleep

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Nah, not really. It's slightly better because honestly my biggest complaint about Cyberpunks story was that it was fukking ass honestly. The characters made that game, not the story. Panam and Judy are awesome characters, so is Kerry. Starfield actually has plenty of story and it's actually well written and designed(See the UC Vanguard questline), but at the same time Bethesda isn't driving their game by the story, you literally never have to play the story and you could still sink hundres of hours into this. Eventually you'll play the story and move on.

I give Starfield an 8/10 at it's start. A good game with room for improvement and I've said this many times, I'm not nominating this for Game of the Year even though it's my most played game this year. That is what it is to start. Let Starfield cook bro trust me like Aaron Rodgers said 'RELAAAAAAAAX' famo, this game is gonna be an amazing ride Bethesda games always got better with DLC's and they've never not dropped DLC.

Cyberpunk was literally a 4/10 because it was fukking broken bro. With the 2.0 release and the expansion, yes it's probably a 9/10 but it had a long way to go to get where it is. I really hate having to compare these two games because they are trying to accomplish two different things. Cyberpunk is more narrative driven and story focused, Starfield is fukkery focused. They aren't trying to accomplish the same thing.

Characters are a big part of any story though :dwillhuh: I would argue they are the most important part usually. Never mind the worldbuilding in CP is >>>>>>

That really speaks to just how boring I found starfield though when the game was glitching and shyt and I still put more time into it back then than SF. SF will also never have an ambitious ass story expa like PL because the engine mandates all the characters are lifeless husks basically.

Its the easiest 7/10 I've ever given

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Go to sleep
What did I say that was incorrect? I never said Starfield's story was better, I'm saying it's there and it's actually well written. Bethesda did a better job this time around, they at least should get credit for addressing it. Just because it isn't shoved down your face in cutscenes doesn't mean it isn't well designed. Honestly has a lot more of it than Cyberpunk did at launch too, but Cyberpunk's character stories are what makes it better than Starfield to me. Cyberpunk made you care about the side characters more. Starfield's story still at the end of the day isn't what is driving it. It's not designed in a way to make overly care about it unless you absolutely want to. The actual main story of Cyberpunk was boring to me. I love the character stories though.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
What did I say that was incorrect? I never said Starfield's story was better, I'm saying it's there and it's actually well written. Bethesda did a better job this time around, they at least should get credit for addressing it. Just because it isn't shoved down your face in cutscenes doesn't mean it isn't well designed. Honestly has a lot more of it than Cyberpunk did at launch too, but Cyberpunk's character stories are what makes it better than Starfield to me. Cyberpunk made you care about the side characters more. Starfield's story still at the end of the day isn't what is driving it. It's not designed in a way to make overly care about it unless you absolutely want to. The actual main story of Cyberpunk was boring to me. I love the character stories though.

And if thats the case if the hook of starfield doesn't grab you its a fairly meandering game. I had no compulsion to travel to 233 diff worlds, build ships or scan rocks or w/e the fukk else they want you do. So the game left little for me to be attached to because the chars were ass, the game was ugly even on a fukking 4080, and the gameplay was solid but not enough for me to play a hundred hours on.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
And if thats the case if the hook of starfield doesn't grab you its a fairly meandering game. I had no compulsion to travel to 233 diff worlds, build ships or scan rocks or w/e the fukk else they want you do. So the game left little for me to be attached to because the chars were ass, the game was ugly even on a fukking 4080, and the gameplay was solid but not enough for me to play a hundred hours on.
I respect that. I understand the game isn't for everyone. This game isn't in competition with Cyberpunk which is why I say I hate comparing them. This game is clearly meant to be monetized more heavily too, they have already promised 5 years minimum of DLC support before the game came out. That's why Microsoft wanted it for Gamepass so bad. This shyt is kinda gonna be GaaS in some ways with how they will monetize new content and cosmetics eventually.