Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i think the metacritic is gonna average 83 and the opencritic is gnnna average an 85 by the time a few more reviews drop.

Definitely not bad scores but pretty far from what most expected, basically about the same or a bit lower than Fallout 4 scores

Last edited:
Daps
The sheer amount of time and energy Xbots have spent in this thread, raising their own blood pressure is truly astounding. All you lame ass nikkas had to do was put this thread on ignore and keep enjoying your GOTG. Low self esteem ass nikkas.
I assume this is just a fun diversion for these dudes. Someone like Meach is downright sensible in every thread except for Xbox/PS ones. Man, it's just a game and he just plays it to play it.

Y'alls console warring is actually funny unlike literally every other place on the internet, so keep it up. The title of this very thread makes me laugh every time I see it.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Okay enough bullshytting lol. I’m really having fun with the game. I really am. Still not enough to change my 7.5, or to continue playing on Xcloud or to buy an Xbox to continue playing. This shyt is PC only. Gunplay is decent. Powers are cool. I like base building. Shipbuilding is fun and creative. Missions are fun.

I don’t give a crap about any of these characters, and the first chance I get, I’m killing my burn victim, who also looks like she survived a chimpanzee attack to the face and they just didn’t get her face right in reconstructive surgery, looking mother if I can. She is ugly as shyt and her voice is equally as annoying. I also don’t care for the line delivery and I put it on mute in conversation. Except for Andreja or however you spell her name. Story and dialogue are basic and boring at parts.

As someone who likes side missions to fukk around, they reuse assets like crazy. Three different side missions in different solar systems. Same as placement of mines in front of the building. The same building. Same reused enemies and I don’t believe they were the same faction. Caves are also repetitive.

A.I. is as jank as it’s ever been in a Bethesda game. And no that shyt is not a feature.

This is literally Fallout and Skyrim in space. Don’t challenge me. Dragonborn/Starborn? Are they linked, or was someone at the writing table suffering from writer’s block and said fukk it since everyone else gets to reuse assets?

So yeah, it’s a 7.5 but an enjoyable 7.5 and not a waste of money. Not GOTY or GOTG though.

Now back to shyt talking because that’s even more fun. I don’t ever want to hear anything about how a Sony first party game is just a playable movie ever again, when Starfield is the equivalent of The Last Starfighter, Robot Jox, Solarbabies, My Science Project or whatever else was on rotation on HBO in the 80s. The Sony games are big budget movies in comparison.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Okay enough bullshytting lol. I’m really having fun with the game. I really am. Still not enough to change my 7.5, or to continue playing on Xcloud or to buy an Xbox to continue playing. This shyt is PC only. Gunplay is decent. Powers are cool. I like base building. Shipbuilding is fun and creative. Missions are fun.

I don’t give a crap about any of these characters, and the first chance I get, I’m killing my burn victim, who also looks like she survived a chimpanzee attack to the face and they just didn’t get her face right in reconstructive surgery, looking mother if I can. She is ugly as shyt and her voice is equally as annoying. I also don’t care for the line delivery and I put it on mute in conversation. Except for Andreja or however you spell her name. Story and dialogue are basic and boring at parts.

As someone who likes side missions to fukk around, they reuse assets like crazy. Three different side missions in different solar systems. Same as placement of mines in front of the building. The same building. Same reused enemies and I don’t believe they were the same faction. Caves are also repetitive.

A.I. is as jank as it’s ever been in a Bethesda game. And no that shyt is not a feature.

This is literally Fallout and Skyrim in space. Don’t challenge me. Dragonborn/Starborn? Are they linked, or was someone at the writing table suffering from writer’s block and said fukk it since everyone else gets to reuse assets?

So yeah, it’s a 7.5 but an enjoyable 7.5 and not a waste of money. Not GOTY or GOTG though.

Now back to shyt talking because that’s even more fun. I don’t ever want to hear anything about how a Sony first party game is just a playable movie ever again, when Starfield is the equivalent of The Last Starfighter, Robot Jox, Solarbabies, My Science Project or whatever else was on rotation on HBO in the 80s. The Sony games are big budget movies in comparison.
Excellent review Brother Slither.

It’s good to have a journalist we can trust.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

I was called a hater and someone that did not play the game when i said the same thing in the main thread. You can have fun in this game, but dont ignore the faults and pile on those that call them out. In normal Bethesda fashion i am depending on mods to make the game better and waiting for more of them to come out.

It is clear they rushed out the game before it was done. Identical dungeons, no maps, shyt UI across the board, not being able to see the internals of ship parts you are buying, shytty performance, no DLSS, etc. The worst is for a game with the word "star" in it, that touts exploration of the stars, ship customization, etc.... that there is no true travel or exploration. Everything is fast travel and when you are flying your ship it is in a small ass box, pathetic.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Damn, MC score is down to 83 :damn:

STOP THE COUNT!!!

updated!!!! :damn:

@Deezay

starfield.png