Shaq on his period again. Throws shade at Joel Embiid

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

I swear, it's like the people who talk object the most are the ones who don't watch.

His listed height and weight is from when he was a rookie....he's grown.

Oh, so you watched Prime Wilt play?

Some of y'all nikkas are gullible as fukk. Teams measure players all the time with their shoes on, but as soon as those players play in competition (like the Olympics); they suddenly shrink a couple of inches. Jordan was listed at "6'6" in the NBA, but when he went to the Olympics he suddenly shrunk to "6'4". Magic and Bird were listed at "6'9" their whole career, but when they got to Olympics they were only "6'7".

BARCELONA: BASKETBALL; Dream Team Reaching New Heights
Why NBA Players Lie About Their Height

And as for you obviously uninformed knowledge of Wilt Chamberlain; he was a track athlete. He specialized in the high jump. You can't get much more "bouncier" than that. Oh yeah; and Chamberlain led the NBA in assists one year for boot.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Some of y'all nikkas are gullible as fukk. Teams measure players all the time with their shoes on, but as soon as those players play in competition (like the Olympics); they suddenly shrink a couple of inches. Jordan was listed at "6'6" in the NBA, but when he went to the Olympics he suddenly shrunk to "6'4". Magic and Bird were listed at "6'9" their whole career, but when they got to Olympics they were only "6'7".

BARCELONA: BASKETBALL; Dream Team Reaching New Heights

And as for you obviously uninformed knowledge of Wilt Chamberlain; he was a track athlete. He specialized in the high jump. You can't get much more "bouncier" than that. Oh yeah; and Chamberlain led the NBA in assists one year for boot.

Dapped and Repped :wow:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Why can a rookie that is a generational talent not be better than Shaq? He might never reach prime Shaq levels, but if he does it better for longer than it's certainly possible. Embiid will be a better defender than Shaq ever was.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

:wtf:

He was measured at 7'2" with his shoes on, we have pictures of him with Nerlens Noel who measured 6'11.75" with shoes on, we have pictures of Nerlens standing with Shaq.

nerlens-noel-shaq2.jpg

611024714.jpg

Let me guess, Shaq wasn't 7'1 in shoes now too?

You don't even know what you're arguing about, I'm not talking about how high somebody can jump or their second jump, cot damn. I'm talking about how Embiid bounces around the court with the ball, as in he's constantly using the hesitation dribble while dribbling and bounces around between facing up, posting up, then facing up again.

First you post some GIF of McAdoo which isn't even close to what I'm talking about, now you're talking about high jumps and just straight up ducked the question about whether or not YOU watched Wilt in his prime.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Why can a rookie that is a generational talent not be better than Shaq? He might never reach prime Shaq levels, but if he does it better for longer than it's certainly possible. Embiid will be a better defender than Shaq ever was.

You got dudes in here posting about Wilt Chamberlain now, TheColi goes full retard anytime a player from today is getting some kind of praise.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He was measured at 7'2" with his shoes on, we have pictures of him with Nerlens Noel who measured 6'11.75" with shoes on, we have pictures of Nerlens standing with Shaq.

nerlens-noel-shaq2.jpg

611024714.jpg

Let me guess, Shaq wasn't 7'1 in shoes now too?

You don't even know what you're arguing about, I'm not talking about how high somebody can jump or their second jump, cot damn. I'm talking about how Embiid bounces around the court with the ball, as in he's constantly using the hesitation dribble while dribbling and bounces around between facing up, posting up, then facing up again.

First you post some GIF of McAdoo which isn't even close to what I'm talking about, now you're talking about high jumps and just straight up ducked the question about whether or not YOU watched Wilt in his prime.

nikka; they are lying about their height. Nerlen Noel is standing there with a 4 inch high whiskbroom afro talmbout how he is "6'11". :deadmanny: Damn nikka; you gullible. Cut that nikka's hair and measure him again.

I know that it is hard to believe, but NBA players lie about their height. David Robinson lied about his. Bill Walton lied about his height. Hakeem Olajuwon lied about his. It is what they do. Teams are the ones that lie and put the exaggerated measurements in the team guides. There was a good Wall Street Journal article on this very issue.

The league’s height listings are littered with inaccuracies as players aim to seem shorter or taller; Kevin Durant is bigger than 6-foot-9

OL-AI533_HEIGHT_11U_20160503160028.jpg

By
CHRIS HERRING
Updated May 5, 2016 11:51 a.m. ET
45 COMMENTS
"Kevin Durant is 6-foot-9. That’s his height by all official accounts—the NBA, the Oklahoma City Thunder, his Wikipedia page—and that’s how Durant will be described throughout the basketball playoffs.

As it turns out, though, there is one person who disagrees. His name is Kevin Durant.

This mysterious revelation came during a routine discussion after a regular-season victory over the Los Angeles Clippers. The Thunder star was describing his game-winning block on the Clippers’ Chris Paul, and that’s when he confessed. “He’s 6 feet tall,” Durant said, “and I’m 6-11.”

It was a rare example of Durant slipping up by mentioning his actual height. Since joining the league, Durant has gone with an extremely conservative height, one that Thunder teammate Steven Adams calls “bull—.”

He’s not alone. NBA game programs across the country are littered with inaccuracies when it comes to player height. The widespread misrepresentations highlight a funny thing about the NBA: Its players, despite being taller than most of the other 2.7 billion men on earth, lie about their height like everyone else... ."

"...Stars from previous generations are more open about why they didn’t want to be labeled as 7-footers: It would only draw more attention to how much bigger they were than everyone else. Bill Walton, who claimed he was 6-foot-11, was once asked why he was officially shorter than the 7-foot Hakeem Olajuwon, even though he towered over Olajuwon when they guarded each other. “The floor’s warped,” he said. That old habit dies hard: To this day Walton contends he’s only 6-foot-11... ."

"...Dallas Mavericks guard JJ Barea, for example, was 5-foot-10 without shoes and 5-foot-10¾ inches with shoes, according to DraftExpress’s data. According to the NBA, though, Barea is 6-feet.

Barea first noticed the discrepancy years ago when he was introduced during the team’s starting lineups. “I remember laughing when they said, ‘6 feet,’ because me and about 20,000 other people in the arena knew that was a lie,” he said. “I’m 5-foot-10 on a good day.”

Barea insists he never asked anyone with the team to inflate his height. A spokeswoman for the Mavericks said most teams use combine numbers or a player’s college height, but team staffers—who perform physicals before training camp—may be asked by younger players fighting for a roster spot to adjust their metrics to make one of them a wee bit taller. (A Thunder spokesman confirmed that Durant did the opposite of this as a rookie, by asking a team staffer to list him at 6-foot-9 as opposed to something taller.)... ."

Finally, fwiw; I was just making fun of your statement on "bounciness." I hear that term used and it sounds crazy. Anyway, there has never been any NBA player as bouncy as Wilt Chamberlain.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
nikka; they are lying about their height. Nerlen Noel is standing there with a 4 inch high whiskbroom afro talmbout how he is "6'11". :deadmanny: Damn nikka; you gullible. Cut that nikka's hair and measure him again.

I know that it is hard to believe, but NBA players lie about their height. David Robinson lied about his. Bill Walton lied about his height. Hakeem Olajuwon lied about his. It is what they do. Teams are the ones that lie and put the exaggerated measurements in the team guides. There was a good Wall Street Journal article on this very issue.

The league’s height listings are littered with inaccuracies as players aim to seem shorter or taller; Kevin Durant is bigger than 6-foot-9

OL-AI533_HEIGHT_11U_20160503160028.jpg

By
CHRIS HERRING
Updated May 5, 2016 11:51 a.m. ET
45 COMMENTS
"Kevin Durant is 6-foot-9. That’s his height by all official accounts—the NBA, the Oklahoma City Thunder, his Wikipedia page—and that’s how Durant will be described throughout the basketball playoffs.

As it turns out, though, there is one person who disagrees. His name is Kevin Durant.

This mysterious revelation came during a routine discussion after a regular-season victory over the Los Angeles Clippers. The Thunder star was describing his game-winning block on the Clippers’ Chris Paul, and that’s when he confessed. “He’s 6 feet tall,” Durant said, “and I’m 6-11.”

It was a rare example of Durant slipping up by mentioning his actual height. Since joining the league, Durant has gone with an extremely conservative height, one that Thunder teammate Steven Adams calls “bull—.”

He’s not alone. NBA game programs across the country are littered with inaccuracies when it comes to player height. The widespread misrepresentations highlight a funny thing about the NBA: Its players, despite being taller than most of the other 2.7 billion men on earth, lie about their height like everyone else... ."

"...Stars from previous generations are more open about why they didn’t want to be labeled as 7-footers: It would only draw more attention to how much bigger they were than everyone else. Bill Walton, who claimed he was 6-foot-11, was once asked why he was officially shorter than the 7-foot Hakeem Olajuwon, even though he towered over Olajuwon when they guarded each other. “The floor’s warped,” he said. That old habit dies hard: To this day Walton contends he’s only 6-foot-11... ."

"...Dallas Mavericks guard JJ Barea, for example, was 5-foot-10 without shoes and 5-foot-10¾ inches with shoes, according to DraftExpress’s data. According to the NBA, though, Barea is 6-feet.

Barea first noticed the discrepancy years ago when he was introduced during the team’s starting lineups. “I remember laughing when they said, ‘6 feet,’ because me and about 20,000 other people in the arena knew that was a lie,” he said. “I’m 5-foot-10 on a good day.”

Barea insists he never asked anyone with the team to inflate his height. A spokeswoman for the Mavericks said most teams use combine numbers or a player’s college height, but team staffers—who perform physicals before training camp—may be asked by younger players fighting for a roster spot to adjust their metrics to make one of them a wee bit taller. (A Thunder spokesman confirmed that Durant did the opposite of this as a rookie, by asking a team staffer to list him at 6-foot-9 as opposed to something taller.)... ."

Finally, fwiw; I was just making fun of your statement on "bounciness." I hear that term used and it sounds crazy. Anyway, there has never been any NBA player as bouncy as Wilt Chamberlain.

You think they measured his flat top? :wow:

I can see I'm dealing with a learning disability here, especially since you're the one who disputed Embiid's height by listing his height from a source you're claiming is inaccurate :dead:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You think they measured his flat top? :wow:

I can see I'm dealing with a learning disability here, especially since you're the one who disputed Embiid's height by listing his height from a source you're claiming is inaccurate :dead:

Well if you insist that you have one then I will not dispute it. I just assumed that you were just extremely gullible.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
ORLANDO SHAQ WAS AN ATHLETIC SPECIMEN WITH A HIGH IQ ... YET HE NEVER DEVELOPED THE SKILLS THAT EMBID HAS POINT BLANK PERIOD... IN L.A, SHAQ RELIED SOLELY ON THE FACT HE HAD NO COMP, AND HIS PHYSICAL STRENGTH. I LOVED WATCHING SHAQ DOMINATE, YET IT IS WHAT IS...
Lmao..no comp in San Antonio or Sacramento, huh? Lol