Shaq on his period again. Throws shade at Joel Embiid

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Tired of the overall impression that Shaq didn't have post skills/was all dunks either:

Watch 0:30-2:00 in the first video, dude was destroying Muresan.

Don't even get started that he couldn't pass from the post either, dude has made some incredible dishes, especially during his prime.

Last edited:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Embiid style of play gonna have nikkas of the future looking at Shaq the same way we look at George Mikan now. That's why he is so aggy.
only an idiot will say this.

See, just because you can do 10 different things very well. doesnt make it better than doing one thing better than anyone has ever done it.

remember 2 points is 2 points. now you might say, 3 points is better. fine. you do realize shaq had a ton of And 1's in his career. while these new age bigs will be dancing on the 3 point line chucking 3's. shaq is getting a foul on the team, a foul on the player who fouled him, 2 points for scoring, and a possible extra point if he hits the Freethrow.

Now you tell me which is better?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shaqs my goat but that was some hater shyt
no it wasnt. embid has missed 14 games of the season. thats a lot of games. and to his point. for a big man. you get that much rest, you will come out balling and fresh.

he's saying this, the same things that old head 90's rappers like say a redman would say about one of these new rappers that only have 2 hot singles out right now. how long will you last when you have to do it for your entire career?

This is what shaq is talking about. not just the allstar game. How do we know you're the truth like the rest of the great bigs if we have never seen you do it consistently without rest like the rest of the bigs have done it?

The answer is...we dont know how great embid is vs those legends. due to this vary fact. Can you ball out when you're half tired and banged up from playing a ton of mins for multiple games in a row? can you still look like the truth with all those mins piling up on your legs? we dont know as of yet, thats what shaq was talking about.

thats what separates a prime dwade, prime kobe, etc. from other guys that have the same athletic ability and is approx the same size or bigger who you've seen glimpses of skill. You see them ball out for 1 game here. another game their. but never can do it consistently night in and night out. thats what makes you a legendary dominant player. otherwise you're a highly skilled guy that ends up being a very good player and no more than that.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This nikka dropped 32, 7 and 4 playing 28 minutes last night we not talking bout Andrew muthafukking Bynum here breh this nikka is the real deal. Once that limit restrictions is taken off next year dude could legit average 30+ points, 10+ boards and 4+ blocks while anchoring one of the leagues best defenses.
That's not how the shyt works breh. :snoop:

Embiid is playing in seven minute increments and going hard as hell because he doesn't ever have to play back-to-backs. You don't just add minutes and players automatically up their stats to the equivalent. Let's see Embiid when he actually has to grind through a real season/games like other elite players.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Robinson's back to the basket game wasn't that great, hence his failures in the playoffs until they got an actual back to the basket Gawd to play next to him. He had a turnaround, but his game was almost all built around facing up and using his first step / jumper, it's not like he was out there with an assortment of post moves.

It wasn't great, but he did do from post to face up to post again. Or face up to post to face up again. He could switch it up enough, he just played facing up more. I always thought he posted up too far out. I hated that spin he did to the basket...he hooked every single time

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Embiid would have no answer for rookie shaq.

You sounding stupid right now, and I think shaq is an idiot.

rookie shaq got owned by all the top centers who had pedigree at that exact time.
from robinson, to ewing, to the dream.

go back and do your googles and see for yourself.
shaq was never a high skilled big, pedigree wise.
i know so cause i watched him play at lsu in real time to when he played pro, to know.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Embiid skill set >>>>>>>>>>> Shaqs
He can shoot, dribble, pass, defend, shoot FT, and rebound better than PRIME Shaq already and he only been playing half a season
Obviously his career doesn't compare at this point but based off pure all around well roundedness Embiid has the potential to be better than Shaq
I don't think it's contradictory to say Shaq has a better legacy but Joel is more skilled player :yeshrug:

this.

art barr

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
That's not really true, I cant recall any of the bigs before him transitioning from faceup, to post up, to faceup like he does with a live dribble. He's doing it all the way out to the 3 line sometimes, it's really a seamless transition and an attack that I haven't seen before, not from a C at least.
Bruh. U are going wayyyyyy too far cause I love Embid but KAT is MUCH better at what u mentioned and Embid loses the ball and gets stripped A LOT. KAT has a significant advantage on offense right now. No knock on Embid, it's his first season but KAT is doing unbelievable shyt too. Embid needs a simple hook or scoop in the post cause he sometimes tries too much and turns the ball over.

The Goat stat though. The offense runs thru KAT and Embid already. These dudes would prob be top 10 in touches per game over the last decade. shyt is great for b ball.