Shaq on his period again. Throws shade at Joel Embiid

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Listen I say JoJo is the most talented player to enter the league since Durant

But some of y'all 90's babies need to fall all the way back, Shaq was a fukkin monster in his prime but he had remarkable finesse for a man of such brute strength, and if you watched him with the Lakers you know he actually became a very underrated passer

Yeah he's comin off real :flabbynsick: w/these comments but it is what it is:yeshrug:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
:laff:thecoli never sleeps yall.
When Embiid is on the court, the team plays like the best defensive team in the NBA by a good margin. When he’s off the court, the team’s defense plummets to bottom five. The team has a 99.3 defensive rating with him on the court, and a 108.3 defensive rating with him off the court which would rank 25th in the league. Talk about making a difference. The team is a full 9 points better defensively per 100 possessions with Embiid on the floor.

For comparison Rudy Gobert who is an outstanding defender as well, only improves his team’s defense by 5.3 points per 100 possessions.

He's at 41% opponent at the rim, Gobert is at 43%.

As long as he's healthy he'll be the best two way C in the league by a huge margin.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
One thing I'll add about Shaq, many NBA defenders have said the same thing: players who defended him got away with a lot.

If they called NBA games the way they were supposed to be called, dude would have fouled out the entire team's front court by the end of the 1st half. That's coming from other NBA players.

They also said something about good defense on Shaq was considered "Shaq not dunking the ball" even though dude had a very versatile post move set. Dude was seriously that tough to "defend."

Some of the shyt defenders were allowed to do to try and slow Shaq down would be flagged as flagrant to another center. I always wondered how he kept his patience 90% of the time.

Imagine if Kobe/MJ were more 2 inches taller, Lebron got faster, how much harder they would be to defend. Well that's what Shaq did when he added weight and got stronger the season he got his MVP, while he was already the strongest player in the league. It was practically unfair at one point.

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Yall can save yalls lil stats and "numbers",the fact is he's never seen one nikka in his life like Shaq:wow:

Aint no evidence that can prove he could stop Shaq.

:dead:

So, yall respond to dude saying Embiid is the best rim protector with laughs, then say "Save the numbers" when they show in fact that he actually is one of the best if not the best rim protector in the league.

Nobody in history is stopping Shaq, and in a few years if he's healthy people will probably be saying the same thing about Embiid. How exactly do you stop someone 7'2" 280lbs that shoots almost 80% from the line, can post and can hit the three.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not really true, I cant recall any of the bigs before him transitioning from faceup, to post up, to faceup like he does with a live dribble. He's doing it all the way out to the 3 line sometimes, it's really a seamless transition and an attack that I haven't seen before, not from a C at least.

The league is just learning Embiid, so it is too soon to say what he can do once they start to game plan for him. Are you old enough to remember Bob McAdoo? Even before there was a 3 point line in the NBA Bob McAdoo used to lead the league in scoring from the Center position by doing exactly what you stated. He is now in the Hall of Fame.

wpwg9M.gif

Bob McAdoo Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Elvin Hayes is another guy that played like that. Except Elvin usually stayed nearer the rim, but he could step out and hit shots too.

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
The league is just learning Embiid, so it is too soon to say what he can do once they start to game plan for him. Are you old enough to remember Bob McAdoo? Even before there was a 3 point line in the NBA Bob McAdoo used to lead the league in scoring from the Center position by doing exactly what you stated. He is now in the Hall of Fame.

wpwg9M.gif

Bob McAdoo Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Elvin Hayes is another guy that played like that. Except Elvin usually stayed nearer the rim, but he could step and hit shots too.

Have you seen the offensive talent he's playing with? If they are struggling to stop him now with hard doubles, what exactly do you think will happen when he has better players around him. There's only so much you can gameplan for when a center is 7'2 280lbs and has that kind of skillset. Injuries are the only thing that can stop him long term.

McAdoo is 6'9 220lbs, he'd be a PF in the league today. And I don't think you understand since you used that gif clip as an example, Embiid will catch the ball on the block, dribble and face up with the dribble, bounce back a bit almost out to the 3 line, attack and re-post while crossing over, and can faceup yet again after he re-posts. Hakeem is the only other dude I can remember with that much bounciness to his attack, and Embiid does it out to the 3 line.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you seen the offensive talent he's playing with? If they are struggling to stop him now with hard doubles, what exactly do you think will happen when he has better players around him. There's only so much you can gameplan for when a center is 7'2 280lbs and has that kind of skillset. Injuries are the only thing that can stop him long term.

McAdoo is 6'9 220lbs, he'd be a PF in the league today. And I don't think you understand since you used that gif clip as an example, Embiid will catch the ball on the block, dribble and face up with the dribble, bounce back a bit almost out to the 3 line, attack and re-post while crossing over, and can faceup yet again after he re-posts. Hakeem is the only other dude I can remember with that much bounciness to his attack, and Embiid does it out to the 3 line.

:rudy:

Damn. Y'all even embellishing this nikka's height and weight. He is "7'0" 250.

Joel Embiid

Some of y'all need to stop with the nonsense. Btw, bouciness? Wilt Chamberlain might have had that much bouciness; seeing as how he was a track athlete. LOL.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
He's at 41% opponent at the rim, Gobert is at 43%.

As long as he's healthy he'll be the best two way C in the league by a huge margin.

Comparing Embiid's and Gobert's on and off numbers aren't fair considering Favors is usually on when Gobert is off and the Jazz are a good defensive team anyways. Of course Embiid is going to have a far larger impact on a far worse defensive squad.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
:rudy:

Damn. Y'all even embellishing this nikka's height and weight. He is "7'0" 250.

Joel Embiid

:dead:

I swear, it's like the people who object the most are the ones who don't watch.

His listed height and weight is from when he was a rookie....he's grown.

Some of y'all need to stop with the nonsense. Btw, bouciness? Wilt Chamberlain might have had that much bouciness; seeing as how he was a track athlete. LOL.

Oh, so you watched Prime Wilt play?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Comparing Embiid's and Gobert's on and off numbers aren't fair considering Favors is usually on when Gobert is off and the Jazz are a good defensive team anyways. Of course Embiid is going to have a far larger impact on a far worse defensive squad.

And, what exactly does that have to do with Embiid's on court ratings by themselves?

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
And, what exactly does that have to do with Embiid's on court ratings by themselves?

Nothing, it had to do with the dumb comparison brought up in that quote. I like Embiid and think he's done amazing. :yeshrug:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Well Embiid shoulders all of the defensive assignments since all of his teammates aren't that good defensively. Lack of another person by his side helping on defense can skew the numbers. Same way an offensive player on a bad team can have elevated numbers, or a player who is the only player who can score and facilitate for others on their team

No slight on Embiid though. I think he's gonna be a hall of fame talent regardless barring no serious injury :yeshrug: