Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Yeah y'all are doing WAYYY to much. Shannon grew up poorer than everyone ITT, he saw how his brother was getting treated in South Carolina and recognized that he wanted to make $$ to get out of his situation

Makes sense that if he had the grades for it, he would have chosen the biggest power 5 school that gave him the most $$

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yeah y'all are doing WAYYY to much. Shannon grew up poorer than everyone ITT, he saw how his brother was getting treated in South Carolina and recognized that he wanted to make $$ to get out of his situation

Makes sense that if he had the grades for it, he would have chosen the biggest power 5 school that gave him the most $$
Don’t matter, don’t shyt on the quality of HBCUs to make a point about your perception of success

U kno how many students are going to HBCU’s on full ride scholarship due to academics? nikka talkin like HBCU’s would take anyone

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Don’t matter, don’t shyt on the quality of HBCUs to make a point about your perception of success

U kno how many students are going to HBCU’s on full ride scholarship due to academics? nikka talkin like HBCU’s would take anyone
Except that Shannon's goals were always to be the best.. How TF you think he came out of where he did, got to the league as a 7th round draft pick and made the HOF?

HBCU's are great... for a lot of extremely driven people, only the best is enough and in football that's a power 5 football program

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Except that Shannon's goals were always to be the best.. How TF you think he came out of where he did, got to the league as a 7th round draft pick and made the HOF?

HBCU's are great... for a lot of extremely driven people, only the best is enough and in football that's a power 5 football program
Wat u talkin bout ain’t got nun to do wit wat he said

He compared HBCU’s to poor neighborhoods, that’s goofy shyt

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just curious did the SWAC line up a tv deal with like ESPN or something? I haven’t heard so much about the SWAC until this season. I used to remember BET would show a game occasionally. Either way if the teams can’t get the training and facilities the larger schools have how are they supposed to compete?

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
10,000 lashes for snow bunny Shannon Sharpe.
full

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Oh well, good for him.
That "c00n" talk is officially over with Deion Sanders.

The same muhfukkas that would drop that shyt at the drop of a hat are acting brand new. I seriously cannot enterain that bullshyt at this point :camby:

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
Whats the problem??

Thank God for PVAMU for allowing me to get an higher education. My high school grades wasnt accepted at other colleges.

Talking with a few white professors, they told me that students at PVAMU took their education more seriously than the students at UT-Austin.

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
What's the issue??

That's his story :yeshrug:
nikkas run they mouth without looking at the ramifications of what they’re saying
I think every black person that attended a PWI(including myself)
If we could do it all over again
I definitely would’ve picked a HBCU(Texas Southern to be exact)
But folks bought into that “HBCUs weren’t worth it and lacking”
Just like how people bought into CC or Trade Schools were for dummies
Unc is spewing that same naive narrative
People need to learn that everything that crosses your damn mind
Doesn’t need to be tweeted or said out loud
This also shows that many black folks that get on are compromised
Sure they will say some REAL shyt every once in a while
But they always back door with fukk shyt like this to play the middle and not to look too threatening to the establishment and brittle spirits of the world

Last edited: