Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
ESPN is downgrading its talent pool while FOX is upgrading theirs. If handled correctly, FOX can take advantage. Not sure why these major corporations toss away valuable talent.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
ESPN is downgrading its talent pool while FOX is upgrading theirs. If handled correctly, FOX can take advantage. Not sure why these major corporations toss away valuable talent.

The main reason is Cost cutting. It's either the subscriptions are down and/or theyve Overspent acquiring rights and have to find ways to make money back.

And if the Execs are having issues with a high paid employee if its contract renewal or political plays behind the scene theyll find a way to move the talent on. Theyll never runn out of retired athletes looking to get out of the house

Also have to consider all roles have an expiration date for different reasons. Many of which I've already mentioned.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Plenty of retired players to go around

The main reason is Cost cutting. It's either the subscriptions are down and/or theyve Overspent acquiring rights and have to find ways to make money back.

And if the Execs are having issues with a high paid employee if its contract renewal or political plays behind the scene theyll find a way to move the talent on. Theyll never runn out of retired athletes looking to get out of the house

Also have to consider all roles have an expiration date for different reasons. Many of which I've already mentioned.
Of course. Not all retired athletes have engaging personalities, charisma, or effective communication skills though. They are not all the same. Maybe they can build interest over time but I am not interested in just anyone's voice.

With that said, I am looking forward to see what Wayne did with the new intro song today.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
People be killing Skip but this bounce back is real. They’re eating off ESPN’s leftovers which could be major for them or it could be a major backfire. If Michael Irvin does Michael Irvin things, them online numbers should be good at least. Skip wins again :snoop:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You're right... the highest show SAS ever had was 561k a week, Skips was 475k a week

Problem is, Skip was on ESPN2 and they had to move SAS to the main channel just to finally do those numbers that Skip was doing in 2011
People always forget that important detail when bringing up ratings as to how SAS one upped Skip.