Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I vaguely remember that conservation that they had between each other. I think that Rome was trying to be a troll about something (maybe about off the court issues with players and league discipline) and Stern flip the script by using that analogy. In the jest on the conservation, Rome had it coming but that phrase couldn't be use today by someone of Stern status.
It was about whether the lottery was rigged, but yep, agreed

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're probably right. I doubt ESPN would be engaging in talks with him if he couldn't be on-air for the upcoming football season. Gonna be interesting to see him talk about a variety of topics without being boxed into Skip's Brady-Lebron-Cowboy format.
Shannon is essentially boxed into being the LeBron guy at this point though, it’s a big part of his brand.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don’t really blame him. I’m sure there were a ton a people who didn’t get what Stern was trying to do and then assumed Jim had abused his wife
Are you serious?
Its a phrase, it implies the question is loaded.
It is very common and no one at the time or with sense took it as Jim Rome literally beating his wife.