Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
ESPN doesn't for the most part either if we're being honest and rightfully so considering a lot of those analyst don't even know the basic concepts of those sports.

I agree. But they ran those other ones into the ground. They'd talk about Space Jam 2 just to get their daily Lebron steez in.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
They dont disagree on anything so the show would be a 90s cowbpy love fest sprinkled in with baketball talk. We know Mike dog not watching the nba like that
That's another issue. Whoever they get to replace shannon gotta be knowledgeable about basketball and football or at least willing to dive in to it outside of working hours to get up to par.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Bout fukking time...:what: should have left the minute skip bossed up on him and told him put his glasses back on...:mjlol: how you allow some frail ass cac to talk to you like that, and you a grown ass man...:what:

Sorry but that situation was on Shannon

Whether it was Skip or anyone else, no one told Shannon to take his glasses off like he was gonna fight somebody on National TV :mjlol:. Made himself look real stupid

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Depending whats going on with Mike Irvin, I could see Shannon taking Mike's spot on Monday's FT after NFL Sunday's.
I'm sure Amazon is thinking about offering him a spot on their NFL coverage.
Marcellus Wiley said the same exact thing he voted for Michael Irvin. But I don't think Mike has range outside of football. If I recall on first take he didn't really talk basketball too much and other sports. Am I wrong about this?

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
And another thing, stop with this Skip is fine he’ll find another one in Nick Wright, Chris Brussisard, other staff talk.

Sure if you’re 40+ years old you will listen to Rob Parker

But Shannon is an all-time NFL great who already had everyone’s respect before the public knew he had personality. Celebs fukk with him, younger audience on social media calls him unc… etc

Imagine hearing

“Nick Wright is court side at the Lakers game” and giving a fukk lol. What was cool about Shannon and the grizzlies woofing between each other is that we know Shannon would fukk that entire team up.

Unless they can find someone who’s just as respected with a likeable personality

I think the show is screwed
Actually there was nothing cool about Shannon Sharpe getting into it courtside with Grizzlies players :what:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Marcellus Wiley said the same exact thing he voted for Michael Irvin. But I don't think Mike has range outside of football. If I recall on first take he didn't really talk basketball too much and other sports. Am I wrong about this?

Mike only did NFL Mondays and disappeared after the season was over. If there was any NBA really to talk about on Monday during the NFL season they would just bring in Jay Williams or Perk and Mike would take that segment off.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
SAS out here saying "you can be a guest spot with the other B and C listers"... Nah that's a backhanded chit right there lol

SAS knows that Shannon is bigger than any of them dudes he has on First Take. Stephen A would feel threatened by Shannon being a part of his show, there's just no way around that

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
To be fair, you would probably say the same thing about Shannon before he got the Undisputed gig
I don't think there would be much of a problem getting Mike to watch other sports and to do his homework on them, the main issue would be that him and Skip are massive Cowboy homers and also Mike is one of Skip's favorite players so they would probably agree way too much. The conflict is what drives the show

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, you would probably say the same thing about Shannon before he got the Undisputed gig
I don't think there would be much of a problem getting Mike to watch other sports and to do his homework on them, the main issue would be that him and Skip are massive Cowboy homers and also Mike is one of Skip's favorite players so they would probably agree way too much. The conflict is what drives the show
Michael Irvin football takes are horrible. Dude is bad for TV. The best candidate is Nate Burleson, followed by Brandon Marshall.