Shane Was The Best Character On The Walking Dead

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
then why'd you come into this thread asking us about the show to begin with :patrice:

Because that's the single plot point I cared about. Check my post history, I literally never talk about/ask about this show. A couple years from now I might ask another question.

Fred.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes it was, the cinematography, writing, and acting were infinitely better. I just went back and rewatched season 1 recently, it's some of the dopest material the zombie genre has to offer in terms of movies/tv shows. I never threatened to leave the show, if I don't like something I just stop watching, it's still entertaining to me, but I'm going to criticize terrible acting/writing when I see it
i enjoyed season 1 the most as well, but upon rewatching. it's only good because some of the following seasons were so shytty. i think the new show runner does a better job than frank imo :yeshrug: after episode 2 of season 1, TWD went stale all the way up until the farm got overran.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because that's the single plot point I cared about. Check my post history, I literally never talk about/ask about this show. A couple years from now I might ask another question.

Fred.
oh, okay. his son is dead and they haven't reconnected w/the main group yet. see ya, fred :troll:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i enjoyed season 1 the most as well, but upon rewatching. it's only good because some of the following seasons were so shytty. i think the new show runner does a better job than frank imo :yeshrug: after episode 2 of season 1, TWD went stale all the way up until the farm got overran.
What season 1 did so well was allowing you into the psyche of the characters, and watching people gradually lose their humanity/sanity, it's why the comics are so good. TWD season 1 is legitimately depressing and melancholy like the comics are. The comics move at a brisk pace, they completely dragged shyt out in the show in the later seasons

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What season 1 did so well was allowing you into the psyche of the characters, and watching people gradually lose their humanity/sanity, it's why the comics are so good. TWD season 1 is legitimately depressing and melancholy like the comics are. The comics move at a brisk pace, they completely dragged shyt out in the show in the later seasons

if we stuck with frank darabont, we'd be like 15 issues into the comic :mjlol: he kept the pace incredibly slow.

that shytty glenn mazara guy burned through volumes of the best TWD material in one season. the new show runner has the best pacing. take the latest episode for example, we're already done with terminus. i know a lot of people were shook we'd be stuck there for half a season. :heh:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
if we stuck with frank darabont, we'd be like 15 issues into the comic :mjlol: he kept the pace incredibly slow.

that shytty glenn mazara guy burned through volumes of the best TWD material in one season. the new show runner has the best pacing. take the latest episode for example, we're already done with terminus. i know a lot of people were shook we'd be stuck there for half a season. :heh:
The whole shane story arc was perfect for the first season imo and yeah, that shyt was short in the comics but darabont just did a much better job imo. it's also important to note that the writers strike occurred during season 2 I think? and it kind of fukked shyt up even worse than they had to be. You can have a slow pace when you have a quality show, but spending an entire season in the fukking prison with terrible writing was awful. I liked the first episode of the new season, we'll see how it goes.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The show needs a new character to rise up to challenge rick as a leader the way shane did.

Its a sorely missing dynamic in the show and would liven things up considerably.

Everybody new just falls in line and sucks ricks dikk. Its boring.

Hopefully tyreese is done being a bytch and can be that.

Last edited:

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
:pacspit: if he wants to simp in a zombie apocalypse let him...all his exes probably turned into zombies and he isn't the type of dude to fukk around with strangers.

That's my cac :salute:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Until Darryl picked it up...them killing Shane almost made me stop watching the show...

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Since my posts on Shane inspired your thread :sas1: I'mma leave the quotes from the main WD thread here :sas2:

Sorry breh. Im not gonna denigrate Shane because you have a hard-on for Rick. You guys have erections everytime Rick bosses up and does some gangsta shyt but, you shyt on the guy who was on his gangsta shyt 4 years ago. Shane could have left Rick to die. Probably should have left him to die. He went back to barricade him in. Do yall remember that? Nah :pacspit:

Rick came into Shane's group. Then tried to make orders and call shots. And you wonder why they had conflict. Rick told Shane it probably was his baby, but he'd never be its father. And you wonder why they had conflict. How would you feel with a nikka in everyday life telling you YOU will not be in your kid's life? :dahell: How you feel with a nikka in everyday life coming up in your shyt and telling you YOU aren't the boss anymore and to fukk off? :dahell: How would you feel? What would do? Yea. I thought so. You know you'd want to knock that nikka's block off.

Best friends wives get fukked everyday b...

Rick and Shane would have had conflict either way. If you can't see this, you're crazy. Rick came in and immediately took power from Shane. Immediately. I think that bruised his ego the most, and made him really say fukk everybody and be out for himself. The whole group was alive because of HIS leadership up to that point yet, they abandoned him for the new guy. No thanks. No appreciation. Just "go away we like Rick better" :mjcry: I'd be salty with nikkas too. The Lori shyt just made it worse.

Y'all nikkas always say this after your hating for Shane gets shut down. You can't formulate a real argument for why he's this despicable person and why Rick is God. Every show we watch on here.....Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire.....we talk and have discussions about old characters. I talk about Ralphie and Richie in the Sopranos thread. I talk about Stringer in the Wire thread. I talk about Jimmy in the Boardwalk thread. If I want to say something about Shane, I can muthafukka.

Obviously.

I'm just painting a picture from Shane's perspective. It's Stringer and Avon but, with cacs and zombies. No man, unless he's a complete bytch, is gonna be cool with another man coming into his domain and snatching power from him. None. Nada. Ninguno. Nadie.

Since that last post, I realized that Shane's tendency to not give a fukk about anybody largely began after Rick came and took away his position. I think a lot of that indifference toward the group came from them abandoning him for Rick (his walk with Andrea comes to mind, when he talked about leaving). It was on some "if that's how y'all feel about me, fukk y'all too then" type shyt. I'd feel the same way. Nikkas want to come to me for the hard decisions, then shyt on me every other time, when I kept them alive before Rick-Goku showed up. Nah. Fukk y'all too.

If Shane was such a selfish b*stard, there wouldn't have been a group to begin with. At some point he had to have cared for them to even waste his time protecting them before Rick woke up. Because a lot of those people at the first camp were dead weight. Remember Dale? Carol was worthless. Bunch of old people. He could've bounced and only worried about himself like Morgan did, with Carl and Lori. I even remember him arguing with Rick about not going back into Atlanta because it would leave them open to attack, which did happened, and which did kill half the camp, so for him to even think like that means he cared about the group back then.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shane is my n!gga :mjcry: but simp got the best out of him. I wish he would go to the different group instead of got killed.