Shams: Kyle Kuzma could command $20M-$25M per year contract; Update: Stays in DC for 4 years $90M

Would you give Kuzma a 4 year deal between $80M-$100M??

• Total voters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I actually really like Kuz’s game in WAS. He’s scoring more efficiently, rebounding hard and just seems to play with great energy. I never used to love him as a player before last season

Kuzma career FG%: 45.1%
Kuzmz '22/'23 FG%: 46.3%

Kuzma career 3pt%: 33.9%
Kuzma '22/'23 3pt%: 33.9%

Kuzma career eFG%: 52.1%
Kuzmz '22/'23 eFG%: 53.1%

Kuzma career TS%: 54.6%
Kuzma '22/'23 TS%: 55.5%

Kuzma career ORB%: 3.9%
Kuzma '22/'23 ORB%: 3.0%

Kuzma career DBPM: -0.8
Kuzma '22/'23 DBPM: -1.3

He's the same player he's always been, just with more reps and less pressure. Yeah, he looks better and plays with more energy, but it doesn't lead to better results. He's still wildly inconsistent month-to-month and year-to-year, his shooting is still too inefficient for a 6'9" PF, he's still not rebounding on the offensive end, and he's still a minus defender. Those slight improvements in efficiency and energy would likely regress the moment he joined a contender and had to face more pressure and a diminished role.

If we're talking about fully healthy and impact on winning, this would be my order:

1.) BI
2.) Nance
3.) Lonzo
4.) Randle <----- I hate rating him this high. :scust:
5.) Caruso
6.) Kuz
7.) Zubac
8.) Clarkson
9.) D'Tective

All the Kuzma love annoys me. He's not any different than he was in LA, just has a higher usage rate. He's chucking on an 11-16 team. This is his destiny and I pity any team's fans who gives him a big contract.

I like your list more than the others, though don't really know what to do with Randle. I might even put Zubac over Kuzma. Obviously he isn't going to stretch the floor on offense, but he hits the boards hard as fukk, plays efficiently, and holds his own on defense. I'd rather go to battle with Zubac as my backup center than with Kuzma as my backup forward.

Lonzo getting consistent on threes makes all the difference for him. If he could stay healthy he's a valuable piece now. You have Nance surprisingly high but I haven't watched enough to rate, the team does seem to play better when he's on the floor though.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Wouldn’t be surprised if Porzingis opts out and tries getting another big contract from the Wiz. SMH.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Just trade this fukking thot already. He's either leaving them or getting overpaid for mediocrity.
How the fukk is Ted Leonsis making money from this team? If I lived in DC I'd be pissed off at this team.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Kuzma career FG%: 45.1%
Kuzmz '22/'23 FG%: 46.3%

Kuzma career 3pt%: 33.9%
Kuzma '22/'23 3pt%: 33.9%

Kuzma career eFG%: 52.1%
Kuzmz '22/'23 eFG%: 53.1%

Kuzma career TS%: 54.6%
Kuzma '22/'23 TS%: 55.5%

Kuzma career ORB%: 3.9%
Kuzma '22/'23 ORB%: 3.0%

Kuzma career DBPM: -0.8
Kuzma '22/'23 DBPM: -1.3

He's the same player he's always been, just with more reps and less pressure. Yeah, he looks better and plays with more energy, but it doesn't lead to better results. He's still wildly inconsistent month-to-month and year-to-year, his shooting is still too inefficient for a 6'9" PF, he's still not rebounding on the offensive end, and he's still a minus defender. Those slight improvements in efficiency and energy would likely regress the moment he joined a contender and had to face more pressure and a diminished role.

I like your list more than the others, though don't really know what to do with Randle. I might even put Zubac over Kuzma. Obviously he isn't going to stretch the floor on offense, but he hits the boards hard as fukk, plays efficiently, and holds his own on defense. I'd rather go to battle with Zubac as my backup center than with Kuzma as my backup forward.

Lonzo getting consistent on threes makes all the difference for him. If he could stay healthy he's a valuable piece now. You have Nance surprisingly high but I haven't watched enough to rate, the team does seem to play better when he's on the floor though.

Even a career high TS% is below average. It’s incredible.

The usage is high cause Beal has missed half the season and you have Kuzma as the only guy who can dribble in the paint and create which leads to playmaking but a boatload of turnovers. :scust:

Kuzma allows you to get away with playing non-ball handlers like Kispert and Rui at the wing. That has value that is not captured by Wins Produced or other box score summary metrics. Kuz has so much more responsibility than he would elsewhere. Beyond Kuz, you’re asking Rui & Will Barton to create shots or Monte & Deni to be playmakers. Kuz inflated numbers are the result of this. It feels similar to 2010 when Andray Blatche put numbers up after gungate and Butler/Jamison being traded away.

I’ve criticized Wes Unseld Jr. but there really isn’t any more he can do from an offensive standpoint when you have no Beal, no PG who can drive and a bunch of guys who need the ball fed to them.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Wouldn’t be surprised if Porzingis opts out and tries getting another big contract from the Wiz. SMH.
He might opt and re-sign for like $30M per year for 3 years. Opt out when the cap spikes at another bite at a new deal when he’s 30… if he stays healthy

lib123

All Star
Daps
He might opt and re-sign for like $30M per year for 3 years. Opt out when the cap spikes at another bite at a new deal when he’s 30… if he stays healthy
They should let him opt-out and test the market. I find it hard to believe another team will offer him $30M per given his injury history.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Just trade this fukking thot already. He's either leaving them or getting overpaid for mediocrity.
How the fukk is Ted Leonsis making money from this team? If I lived in DC I'd be pissed off at this team.
He isn’t making money unless he gets atleast two playoff games.

He doesn’t want to tank. But Tommy Sheppard’s bad drafting has them in the place where they are losing anyway.