Shake 'em up, Roll 'em up, Watch us Break 'em with the 7-Eleven: The Dallas Cowboys 2022 Season Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Dak is now the 9th highest paid QB in the league (soon to be out the top 10) and the org already has money to blow that they did nothing with. If you just don't like him and want him gone then that's one thing but his contract is not preventing the Cowboys from spending money elsewhere

This roster is not close to being a contender. They need to add talent at the skill positions, rebuild the O-line and still need to get bigger in the front 7. And we pretty much can only do that thru the draft since Stephen doesn't want to spend any FA money, but when your early round picks barely see the field and/or don't even dress, then it makes reloading basically impossible. Sam Williams barely played, Tolbert didn't dress and going back to last year, Bossman is barely out there and of our three third round picks in 2021, only Osa looks worth a shyt. Jabril Cox in the 4th round can't get on the field. You can't be a team that says it builds thru the draft and then miss on so many of these prime draft picks.

The reality is if we draft a QB top 3 overall next year we gonna have a trash roster while the new QB develops and then if he actually pans out, we hopefully peak right before we have to pay him (and we would have to pay him more then Dak makes now). This is not NFL talent at the skill positions. I like CJ Stroud, I'd love to draft him, but like I said before he got better talent at WR right now in college. The son of Peyton Manning's ex WR on the Colts whose name I shall not say could start over fukkin Noah Brown & Dennis Houston. The current offensive situation we have is probably the worst in the NFL right now to drop a rookie QB into. Like I literally have to rack my brain to think of a worse one.

Last edited:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Dak is now the 9th highest paid QB in the league (soon to be out the top 10) and the org already has money to blow that they did nothing with. If you just don't like him and want him gone then that's one thing but his contract is not preventing the Cowboys from spending money elsewhere

This roster is not close to being a contender. They need to add talent at the skill positions, rebuild the O-line and still need to get bigger in the front 7. And we pretty much can only do that thru the draft since Stephen doesn't want to spend any FA money, but when your early round picks barely see the field and/or don't even dress, then it makes reloading basically impossible. Sam Williams barely played, Tolbert didn't dress and going back to last year, Bossman is barely out there and of our three third round picks in 2021, only Osa looks worth a shyt. Jabril Cox in the 4th round can't get on the field. You can't be a team that says it builds thru the draft and then miss on so many of these prime draft picks.

The reality is if we draft a QB top 3 overall next year we gonna have a trash roster while the new QB develops and then if he actually pans out, we hopefully peak right before we have to pay him (and we would have to pay him more then Dak makes now). This is not NFL talent at the skill positions. I like CJ Stroud, I'd love to draft him, but like I said before he got better talent at WR right now in college. The son of Peyton Manning's ex WR on the Colts whose name I shall not say could start over fukkin Noah Brown & Dennis Houston. The current offensive situation we have is probably the worst in the NFL right now to drop a rookie QB into. Like I literally have to rack my brain to think of a worse one.
You talking bout Jr :buckPhil: . He’ll be a 1st rounder for sure. In defense of Noah he was a 7th rounder who wasn’t supposed to make the roster. He was our best receiver last night too.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You talking bout Jr :buckPhil: . He’ll be a 1st rounder for sure. In defense of Noah he was a 7th rounder who wasn’t supposed to make the roster. He was our best receiver last night too.

Yea and I'm not even tryna hate on Noah, he is what he is. It's not his fault he's out there in that spot. We have a #1 who is really a #2, a #2 who is coming off a knee injury but ideally would be a #3 and then we don't have a #3.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dez was the most talented 88
Mike was the most productive 88
Drew is the reason there's an 88

CeeDee should be wearing number 12 or something

To be fair IIRC it was Jerry who pushed the 88 on him anyway for marketing BS. Lamb ain't built for it and he probably knew it.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Dez is no longer anything tho. He selling NFTs now.
Hes 34 and has no interest in playing anymore

His stock completely dropped after playing with Dak, and you know it

All a sudden, terms like “separation” and “route-running” were used continuously by this fanbase to absolve Dak not being able to get him the ball

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hes 34 and has no interest in playing anymore

His stock completely dropped after playing with Dak, and you know it

All a sudden, terms like “separation” and “route-running” were used continuously by this fanbase to absolve Dak not being able to get him the ball

What hurt his stock was Stephen bad mouthing him in the press about being a distraction. Dez-Dak definitely didn't have the same connection as Romo-Dez but Dak in year 2 was not Romo in year whatever, and Dez in year 8 was not Dez in year 3. He was already starting to fall apart physically and then as soon as he went to the Saints and tore the Achilles it was over. But he was having nagging injuries the last few years before that.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
What hurt his stock was Stephen bad mouthing him in the press about being a distraction. Dez-Dak definitely didn't have the same connection as Romo-Dez but Dak in year 2 was not Romo in year whatever, and Dez in year 8 was not Dez in year 3. He was already starting to fall apart physically and then as soon as he went to the Saints and tore the Achilles it was over. But he was having nagging injuries the last few years before that.
Stephen bad mouthing Dak did not hurt his stock more than Dak not being able to get him the ball. Dak had a contract offer from the Ravens that he turned down because he wanted to play for a divisional rival to get back at the team :scusthov:

Regardless of the fact, i dont understand how anybody thats even a little bit objective, can truly evaluate Ceedee wit Dak at QB

His strengths do not align with Dak. He is a menace after the catch but the QB has poor ball placement, so he cant even excel at that. Its just like Dez’ strength being high-pointing the ball and Dak not being able to make those throws.

I mean we all watched the game last night. I do blame Ceedee for the OPI and his horrible body language out there. The fact he shouldnt have been given 88 is more because of his poor leadership instead of his ability.

We all literally watched at least 3 passes where Dak couldnt fit the ball into a tight window. How is that on Ceedee?