Shake 'em up, Roll 'em up, Watch us Break 'em with the 7-Eleven: The Dallas Cowboys 2022 Season Thread

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did I need to? Why is it hard for him to put in back to back performances in the postseason? He looked all word against an 8-9 team but looked like his mediocre self against a team with a pulse. As he has showed all throughout his career.
Weren't you picking that 8-9 team to beat us? Yea that's you :jbhmm:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I would say this from an outsider looking in;

There was a huge part of the Redskin/WFT/Commander fan base that wanted the team to go ahead sign Kirk Cousins to a long term deal especially after he overthrew RGIII for the position.

But our GM at the time wisely felt Kirk was a middle of the road QB without a strong arm who came up short in big moments. He couldn't find anyone better so he franchised him a couple of times.

Eventually Kirk went to Minnesota and got 85mil guaranteed. And again look at the Vikings season: Kirk is the same QB or even worse than he was in Washington which is why the previous Vikings coach wanted him gone and I'm sure after next season their coach now will as well.

The problem with Dak is he's already taken Jerry to the cleansers, face of the franchise, etc... But I just see a light skinned version of Kirk with a bald fade.
I just don't believe after 7 yrs of seeing dude even with that contract it should not be blasphemous to take calls and/or to put him on a hot seat by the draft or FA.

Daps
It’s not about him tho :mjpls:

The cowboys last two “franchise” quarterbacks was an undrafted free agent and a 4th round “project” pick. The last high draft pick Dallas used on a QB was over 20 years ago and that was a second round pick. The last first round pick they used on a QB was………. 1989. Let that sink in for a moment. Dallas doesn’t have a real GM and basically wins enough to not have a top 3 pick.

Jerry Jones isn’t willing to completely rebuild because he doesn’t know how. The last time he had to do it, Aikman retired and he fired Chan Gailey. He fukked up so bad he hired Bill Parcells out of desperation. Too mad Parcells never got to finish what he started.
Oh Jerry knows how.

It's just that he'd have to hire a hard azz coach which he doesn't want to do.

Will McClay has been sharp at drafting great players so that keeps Dallas in the mix. They'll never be straight garbage with Dak but Dak isn't good enough to get them over the top.

What they gotta do: Dak is gonna be here for another year or two. Dallas needs to draft a QB.

Kellen Moore CANNOT be the OC that teaches the new QB. So....get a QB whisperer/guru that can help Dak (Kurt Warner?) and hold him accountable. Even if Dak is only 5% better....you got someone in place to help the next QB...which is really the goal.

Cut the excess like Zeke. Tyron is a shell of himself and you may need to move on from him. Steele, Martin, Biadasz, Tyler Smith etc., are good enough.

If they can throw enough $$$ at Quinn to stay, do it.

Beef up the trenches, RB and CB. That rookie RB looks pretty good when he's in there. Him and Pollard are solid but they may need one more RB after dumping Zeke. They gotta keep that defense and make it stronger. Solidify the offensive line and basically be the 2014/2016 teams but with more reliable defense.