Shake 'em up, Roll 'em up, Watch us Break 'em with the 7-Eleven: The Dallas Cowboys 2022 Season Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I can't put the blame on the offense on this one:hubie:

Defense got outplayed. We couldn't get a stop when it counted. Let a rookie get Madden numbers on us. Did Parson play at all yesterday?

But a quick note on the offense. Its a concern that Dak and his receivers are still having moments where they are looking at each other confused because someone ran the wrong route or didn't cut off their route in time. Their is a lack of connection there and althought Ceedee had a good game, his mental lapses are concerning. Why was Jalen Tolbert even in the game, man? That penalty killed us. We shot ourselves in the foot once again in the key moments.
This reminds me of the Raiders game last year. You could blame the defense/refs for that game too. But at the end of the day, our 40M QB had the ball in his hands at the end of regulation and OT to carries us to victory just like that game but he came up short again.

Dak's take home pay for the 2021, 2022, 2023 seasons is $126,000,000. Think about that. He is paid to carry the team on his back from time to time. He NEVER does it.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
This reminds me of the Raiders game last year. You could blame the defense/refs for that game too. But at the end of the day, our 40M QB had the ball in his hands at the end of regulation and OT to carries us to victory just like that game but he came up short again.

Dak's take home pay for the 2021, 2022, 2023 seasons is $126,000,000. Think about that. He is paid to carry the team on his back from time to time. He NEVER does it.
They(the Jones') put themselves in a corner with all the bad contracts and negotiations. Player loyalty will be a problem with this franchise forever. We're stuck with Dak/Zeke and had opportunities to not be in this position, but chose otherwise. Only option is to find an OC who can take the offense and Dak to another level.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
They(the Jones') put themselves in a corner with all the bad contracts and negotiations. Player loyalty will be a problem with this franchise forever. We're stuck with Dak/Zeke and had opportunities to not be in this position, but chose otherwise. Only option is to find an OC who can take the offense and Dak to another level.
We are stuck with Zeke until the end of the season. I don't think they bring him back. If they do bring him back, that will tell you that they are way way way to loyal to their players. Dak can be let go in the 2024 offseason. If after 2023, he still has one playoff win after playing 8 full seasons in the NFL and they give him an extension, then they cement themselves as the dumbest pos to ever run a football team.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
We are stuck with Zeke until the end of the season. I don't think they bring him back. If they do bring him back, that will tell you that they are way way way to loyal to their players. Dak can be let go in the 2024 offseason.

Franchise changing QB's are taken in the very top of the draft or in FA. I don't see us getting one in FA and I don't see Jerry being content with fielding a team bad enough to be in position to draft a top QB. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dak is here through the remainder of his contract.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Franchise changing QB's are taken in the very top of the draft or in FA. I don't see us getting one in FA and I don't see Jerry being content with fielding a team bad enough to be in position to draft a top QB. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dak is here through the remainder of his contract.
Right now as it stands, his cap hit this year is 19.7 million and that's due to restructuring. Next year, his cap hit rises to 49.1 million. In 2024, his cap hit rises to 52.1 million which is insane. But if you released him after the league year begins in 2023, the dead cap is 89 million. But in 2024, it drops significantly to 39 million. That's why I think they will have a huge decision to make in 2024. Either they idiotically extend him or they are looking for trade partners. I believe that 2024 year is the 4th year so it is best to figure out a plan after the 2023 season.

But you right, from a competition standpoint, if they bring him back to play out the life of the contract, it's bad management and they don't care bout winning.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We’re stuck with this fraudulent wrong-side-of-the-railroad-tracks noodle arm idiot for the foreseeable future. He’s going to play until he’s 40 here in Dallas.

Jerry and Stephen will stop playing the national anthem before games before they turn their back on Dakota.

We’re fukked.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dallas at this point not even looking like a playoff team. I can see them easily going on a losing streak now. Its not just a player issue, its the coaching. Kellen Moore just does not want to run the ball period for whatever reason it is. Even when that is the known winning formula. I cant sit here and blame dak unless he just audibling out the play calls. Inteception happens and usually wll happen when a QB starts to throw the ball more.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Dallas at this point not even looking like a playoff team. I can see them easily going on a losing streak now. Its not just a player issue, its the coaching. Kellen Moore just does not want to run the ball period for whatever reason it is. Even when that is the known winning formula. I cant sit here and blame dak unless he just audibling out the play calls. Inteception happens and usually wll happen when a QB starts to throw the ball more.
You can best believe that this is what's happening. Rush didn't do this. They were running the ball when he was playing. Outside of the Philly game, Rush had no game where he attempted no more than 31 passes. He passed 16 times and they still beat the Rams. Dak threw the ball 46 times. There is ZERO reason to throw the ball that much when you are rushing for 5.1 yards per carry.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
You can best believe that this is what's happening. Rush didn't do this. They were running the ball when he was playing. Outside of the Philly game, Rush had no game where he attempted no more than 31 passes. He passed 16 times and they still beat the Rams. Dak threw the ball 46 times. There is ZERO reason to throw the ball that much when you are rushing for 5.1 yards per carry.
46 pass attempts in cold weather is insane. They need to utilize all three backs moving forward and run the ball 35+ times a game.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We’re stuck with this fraudulent wrong-side-of-the-railroad-tracks noodle arm idiot for the foreseeable future. He’s going to play until he’s 40 here in Dallas.

Jerry and Stephen will stop playing the national anthem before games before they turn their back on Dakota.

We’re fukked.

Facts and a defense that gives up 200 rushing yards a game

They came back on us running the ball. Think about that for a sec 🤣🤣😂😂

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Don’t bring Zeke into this. We would have won that game last night with him period. We’re lucky to him have and most definitely gonna bring him back next year and the foreseeable future. Zeke retires a Cowboy. We not finna take the sole spotlight off Dink and Dak who has a worse passer rating than his cfl league backup.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

46 pass attempts in cold weather is insane. They need to utilize all three backs moving forward and run the ball 35+ times a game.

McCarthy, Moore and Prescott need to have a serious meeting and all need to come to the conclusion that running the ball on offense is our bread and butter. Reason we dont need Odell. Its not like we lose when we run the ball more, we win and win well at that. Its getting to the point I dont fukking care no more.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Don’t bring Zeke into this. We would have won that game last night with him period. We’re lucky to him have and most definitely gonna bring him back next year and the foreseeable future. Zeke retires a Cowboy. We not finna take the sole spotlight off Dink and Dak who has a worse passer rating than his cfl league backup.
Idc fam. Our run game was fine without him. Defense couldn't get a stop and bone head penalties killed us.