Shake 'em up, Roll 'em up, Watch us Break 'em with the 7-Eleven: The Dallas Cowboys 2022 Season Thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

The local media and Dak stans reading this tweet
RbgYhzI.gif

Lol imma send RonnieT a coli invite

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
work ethic and preparation arent mutually exclusive…..Rush is less talented(physically) than Dak. His approach and preparation to the game and to what’s in front of him allows him to put himself in position to be slightly ahead of the defense’s preparation.

I don’t think Dak is lazy or has a bad work ethic. I think he puts him the work during the week but I think his preparation is lacking. Certain things he should’ve been cleaned up in his game. This dude is losing games the same way he always had for the last couple of years. it’s not even about his arm strength or physical attributes because I seen QBs with more limitations than Dak starting in this league and still being successful. Chad Pennington comes to mind. Much weaker arm than Dak. One of the most accurate QBs of his time and not just checking down.

Dak reminds me of Russ(Lakers) in his approach to the game, preparation wise

Jerry should’ve gave Dak the speech he gave Romo when he got his big extension about putting in the work throughout the week like Peyton Nanning did. He challenged Romo and Romo responded and finally ascended to the qb he was at the end of his career, when he said it jsut clicked and all of a sudden everything really slowed down for him and he learned how to manage the game and become a better qb for his team. He got more involved and basically became Manning for the cowboys coming up with the gameplan for the offense and installing sets

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Daks scouting report

Weaknesses
  • Beat up this year thanks to poor protection
  • When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard
  • Not as competitive a rusher in 2015
  • Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll
  • Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers
  • Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply
  • Pocket poise has been compromised
  • Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw
  • Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions
  • Must speed up the pace of his reads
  • Footwork is a mess
  • Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift
  • Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body
  • Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws
  • Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense
  • Needs to improve anticipation

Overview
Hard to find an NFL comp for Prescott because he's built like Donovan McNabb, but lacks McNabb's ability and polish. Prescott has NFL size, mobility and enough arm, but the tape shows a player who must improve his mechanics, poise and quickness through his progressions if he is to become a full-time starter in the NFL. There are absolutely draftable traits and upside, but he will need extended work to smooth out his flaws. Until then, a team would be wise to utilize him on short-yardage packages.

The same shyt rings true today. Coop and the run game has helped him be able to mask this because of Coop’s ability to beat man coverage and the run game pulling an extra man in the box.

Look at his career splits w and without amari

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daks scouting report

Weaknesses
  • Beat up this year thanks to poor protection
  • When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard
  • Not as competitive a rusher in 2015
  • Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll
  • Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers
  • Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply
  • Pocket poise has been compromised
  • Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw
  • Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions
  • Must speed up the pace of his reads
  • Footwork is a mess
  • Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift
  • Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body
  • Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws
  • Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense
  • Needs to improve anticipation

Overview
Hard to find an NFL comp for Prescott because he's built like Donovan McNabb, but lacks McNabb's ability and polish. Prescott has NFL size, mobility and enough arm, but the tape shows a player who must improve his mechanics, poise and quickness through his progressions if he is to become a full-time starter in the NFL. There are absolutely draftable traits and upside, but he will need extended work to smooth out his flaws. Until then, a team would be wise to utilize him on short-yardage packages.

The same shyt rings true today. Coop and the run game has helped him be able to mask this because of Coop’s ability to beat man coverage and the run game pulling an extra man in the box.

Look at his career splits w and without amari
I was watching an old game against McNabb and I forget how much of an athlete he was early on. I used to compared Fak to McNabb but McNabb was much more athletic and a running threat than Dak. He can buy time like no other early on. But McNabb also had bad mechanics throughout his career.

The biggest issue with Dak is his chemistry with his wr. We joke about it(well y’all do I’m serious) but dude is becoming a wr killer. The biggest criticism this week from the bengals game ppl had was why does Cooper seem to have better chemistry with the wr’s(based off this game and the Vikings game) than Dak. McNabb didn’t have that issue either. If you have McNabb a good receiving corp he got them the ball. They gave him TO and he had an elite. They got him Jackson, Maclin, even Westbrook and that other running back after him and McNabb(or Andy Reid) never struggle to get the ball to the playmakers like Dak does.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
No

just worried about our offense (because of kellen smh) against their aggressive blitz friendly defense

Nobody on their offense can block Micah and no Leonard Williams this week too
Yeah, I don’t have confidence this offense can put a similar game plan together and execute two games in a row. Sometimes backups nose dive after their first game. I remember Brandon Weeden used to be like that.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yeah I don’t have confidence this offense can put a similar game and execute two games in a row. Sometimes backups nose dive after their first game. I remember Brandon Weeden used to be like that.
This. 100.

Expecting a slow start and very conservative gameplan.

The only thing more guaranteed than losing after a Bye Week with this team is a complacent letdown to start a game after impressively winning the previous.