Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Oh please Shelly Ann is my girl but im not so sure she's the same pocket rocket after popping out a baby

Sha'Carri Richardson Cruises to Tokyo, Wins 100m Trials Title
“Richardson ran 10.72 in April to become the sixth-fastest woman in history. In Tokyo, a showdown awaits with Jamaica’s Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Elaine Thompson-Herah. Fraser-Pryce ran the fastest time in the world with a 10.63 (+1.3 m/s) in Kingston, Jamaica on June 5th. Thompson-Herah took gold in the 100m and 200m at the last Olympics and ran 10.78 (+1.8 m/s) on May 2.”

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who knows where the competition level m will be at in 4 years. She very likely tanked her career with this. I’m sure Nike is giving her money but a year from now she’ll be finished. No one cares enough about track to pay attention to various competitions outside of the Olympics. It’s over for her. This was her shot at a LOT of money and endorsements. Shame.

I respect the fact that she took responsibility. Flip side her defenders refuse to say she made a mistake or that the rules say what they say.
Exactly what I was thinking. I was excited for once for Olympics cuz she went to my high school. I graduated in 2009 :flabbynsick:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Do you not realize that the Olympics isn't all about the United States :gucci:? The Olympic Board doesn't just serve over the US, it's worldwide International. The reason weed is banned from use is because some countries competing also banned the substance so to be fair they made it a requirement that weed use from any competitor no matter the country can't be used before the games.

There are thousands of competitors across the world coming to compete. It's not all about the US. She's just one competitor out of thousands, nobody on the Olympic board is gonna make a special exception just for her cause she lost her mother because that wouldn't be fair to all the others from numerous countries that are competing or have already been disqualified.

This is why other countries feel Americans like to bulldoze our way in and make exceptions without care for the rules but expect everybody else to submit to them.

All this simping you guys are doing is silly and I'm pretty sure Richardson herself would agree with what I'm saying as she made in a statement on how she knew smoking was against the rules and will live with whatever decision is made by the committee.

2075261-278315416.jpg

America is far more progressive with marijuana policies than most of the world but the Olympics isn't just about America. They're not changing marijuana testing because of one person.

There's no argument for her. She knew the rules and broke them. She's not fighting it and no one else should. Charge it to the game.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Thanks for the article, but "it would all make sense" if she tested positive for PEDs, which she didn't.

They need to ban the shadowy people from Track and Field as trainers. All of them. Like I wrote earlier, very few people in this country follow the sport.... and often it only makes the top of the news cycle for negative reasons.

Mitchell, Gatlin shouldn't be associated with a rising talent who can elevate the sport. They are known repeated cheaters, and will only drag Richardson down by association.

The dominant athletes who just go out and win,win,win without the flash are great for the core fans, but don't attract mass audiences. Edwin Moses and Allyson Felix are two of the greatest athletes this country has ever produced.
*Edwin has the case for most dominant athlete ever, in any sport.
He and Felix have the gold medals and championships to prove it, but not the flash to draw in casual fans. When a new talent comes along, who can dominate and shine light on track&field, have to protect her at all costs.
I just mean in terms of discipline and being a rebel and shyt

These don’t seem like the type of people that are gonna do everything to make sure she’s on the straight and narrow

and I’m pretty sure her smoking weed wasn’t a one shot deal if those articles about her having to smoke a a lot of weed to test dirty for weed because of the high cutoff point or whatever

if this was a situation of a person who doesn’t smoke but smoked one time to cope with the death of her mother she wouldn’t have needed or even been able to smoke that much weed

a few tokes of some decent weed woulda had her high enough

I say all that to say she’s probably smokes weed on the regular and she shoulda had people in her corner that were gonna keep her more disciplined so close to the olympics

and these people on her team seem like rebels that don’t care so much for rules

fukked up situation

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2075261-278315416.jpg

America is far more progressive with marijuana policies than most of the world but the Olympics isn't just about America. They're not changing marijuana testing because of one person.

There's no argument for her. She knew the rules and broke them. She's not fighting it and no one else should. Charge it to the game.

Yep the Olympics are international

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
She’s only 21. Anything can happen but saying she tanked her career already is a reach. She has 3 Oly cycle in her prime years
Yeah there's a chance she can bounce back because of her age--it would be a media love story...but anything can happen in those next 4 years (injuries, pregnancy, loss of work ethic/passion etc).

Plus there's always a chance some other young 20 something year old phenom can pop up and be next in line just as she was this cycle.

When olympic opportunities pop up...you just have to own the moment...and she blew it imo...it aint 100% over but when you have a chance to have your name up there with the Flo Jo, Jackie Joyner Kersey, and Carl Lewis's and be a household name....you gotta strike while you can