Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
not only that....but I'm sure people have been DQued before for weed....it just didn't make headlines because they weren't the top tier....if they were to let it slide somehow and allow her to bypass it...it would probably piss a lot of other athletes off

either way...all these celebrities calling the rules BS are setting a bad example for black folks imo...the lesson and message should be to us is...Be on your A-game....don't worry about what white people did or/are doing...worry about you following the rules

Exactly. We can't be out here changing rules & letting certain folk slide because of how much people like them, etc. You have to have consistency.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah there's a chance she can bounce back because of her age--it would be a media love story...but anything can happen in those next 4 years (injuries, pregnancy, loss of work ethic/passion etc).

Plus there's always a chance some other young 20 something year old phenom can pop up and be next in line just as she was this cycle.

When olympic opportunities pop up...you just have to own the moment...and she blew it imo...it aint 100% over but when you have a chance to have your name up there with the Flo Jo, Jackie Joyner Kersey, and Carl Lewis's and be a household name....you gotta strike while you can

Facts

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s some hoe ass nikkas in this thread

Confusion Reigns at Trials Over Runner Who Blamed Drug Test on Burrito

I bet money shacorri pissed somebody on thaf squad

porcelain ass peckerwood blamed a burrito for steroids n they goin up to bat for her

n they ain’t doin shyt for weed

Just days before the start of the U.S. Olympic Trials for track, ESPN reports Houlihan announced on Instagram in January that she was informed that her drug test came back positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone. The 28-year-old subsequently learned pigs naturally produce the substance in high amounts, so eating pork can lead to a false positive. Houlihan reflected on what she ate leading up to the test. She realized she ate a pork burrito from a Mexican food truck near her Oregon home about 10 hours before her drug test.

She appealed the test result with the World Anti-Doping Agency, noting the pork that she ate, which WADA acknowledges can create a false positive. Houlihan even passed a polygraph test and had a hair sample analyzed by toxicologists, which proved she didn’t take the substance regularly.

Despite that, the court hearing her appeal upheld the test and the resulting four-year ban. Houlihan will not only miss the Tokyo Olympics this year, but also the Paris Olympics in 2024 and next year’s track worlds — the first held on American soil. Houlihan says she felt “completely devastated, lost, broken, angry, confused and betrayed by the very sport that [she’s] loved.”

Who's going to bat for this person? Nobody's protesting for her. And just so you know athletes failing drugs tests based on what they ate happens:

Long jumper Jarrion Lawson, the 2017 world championships silver medalist, received a four-year ban for a positive trenbolone test. In March 2020, after he had served 19 months, he won an appeal after CAS found the source was beef he had eaten for lunch the day before the test.

Sha'Carri isn't disputing the test. She said, "I fukked up and I'll deal with the consequences." There's nothing left to do. There's no battle to fight. The suspension isn't getting overturned.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Sha'Carri isn't disputing the test. She said, "I fukked up and I'll deal with the consequences." There's nothing left to do. There's no battle to fight. The suspension isn't getting overturned.
Yep it’s the smart play. She still has a chance to compete. Eat the charge and she’s got a mostly sympathetic reason.