SEVERANCE

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Again though, great show and an amazing finale. I just hope we don't get a Lost situation where you're just piling new shyt on top of unresolved shyt until it's time for the rushed finale.

But like…are Mark/Helle/Irving gonna simply go to sleep after this shyt, wake up and go to work? Probably not.

Mark’s sister and brother in law will have heard him say “she’s alive” and even after he wakes up with no memory, they’ll see the picture he’s holding and put 2 and 2 together. Are they gonna want him to go back to work tomorrow? Or will they try to reach out to a journalist ASAP. Interesting choices.

I think your second point is partly why the LOST situation might not happen.

Lost spent four seasons of the protagonist having little agency and just being led around. New characters were added who had information but held it.

The Lumengang has shown a great deal of agency and have changed the pieces on the board considerably. Each of them seem to have answers but can’t get to each other or access their other mind for those answers.

Helly’s Egan self probably has 90% of the answers they all need. And Irving seems to have some connections as well.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think that’s just the aesthetic of the show in general. They mentioned apps but their cars are all pre2000 models. The phones are flip. There are no airpods or flat screens tvs. Petey’s funeral has a giant 90s tv.

it creates a timeless feel like Batman the animated series.
Got damn i didn’t notice none of that :mjlol:

I just thought they were working poor with their cars and dude had a flip phone so he couldn’t be traced. :russ:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Got damn i didn’t notice none of that :mjlol:

I just thought they were working poor with their cars and dude had a flip phone so he couldn’t be traced. :russ:
Yeah. I’m not sure when that production style became popular but I think anytime a story revolves around a very theoretical technology they don’t want to draw attention to the internal inconsistencies of “why not use X,y,z” to communicate or work around by not pinning down an era.

The Netflix show Maniac does the same thing

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It’s still him. Just like the paintings were seeping through his subconscious. He was shocked he knew how to drive a car instinctually.
Better theory from Reddit on how Irving knew how to drive:

I think those theories of Irv being elsewhere at Lumon in the 6 years prior to his joining MDR must be correct.

He takes those pills to stay awake at night so innie-Irving gets tired and falls asleep. My assumption is outtie-Irving gets some kind of subconscious knowledge about Lumon, and the opposite seems to be true, too. Innie-Irving knew exactly where to find the box with the documents, and even where they were hidden and which pocket the key was in. Which, by the way, why did outtie-Irving have the key in his pocket? He must've been waiting for this moment.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
I mean from Lumon’s perspective? Why would you let any of these nikkas come back when they know way too much. You basically gotta scarp their whole department and start from scratch.

My only guess for lumon to have them back is just to keep up appearances to the general public that severance is working great

Last edited:
Daps
I think they are in purgatory and those numbers are people they are dropping into hell.

The baby sheep are new souls getting ready to go back to earth.

I don’t know what the fukk I’m talking about.

That Asian lady is one of the most unique looking women I’ve ever laid eyes on. She’s not gorgeous or ugly but kind of sexy in an odd way. I knew that was his wife.

black dude who is the manager or whatever is playing the hell out of his role too. 100% passive aggressive mid level management, let’s hit those number guys!

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So I slept on it, and a cool twist for next season would be like y’all said, Gemma is brain dead, or dead dead, but they were still able to sever her and Mark might have to deal with the dilemma of severing himself fully to be with her forever. It also lends credence to another theory i think i read in here about Cobel having a loved one she wants to see if she can un-sever or get them to remember her.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Small thing, but dude would not know how to drive a car at all considering he never done so before.

I probably would have felt the same if I hadn’t listened to the Lexington Letter. It’s very insightful and she explains that the innies knows what Beer is and what it does but couldn’t name beer brand and know they live in America but couldn’t point where they are on a map. So they seem to still have knowledge but just not a lot of details. He basically started driving the same way a teenager does their first few times driving. Too much brake, too much gas. Etc.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Mallory Rubin and Joanna Robinson of The Ringer broke down the finale on The Prestige TV podcast

‘Severance’ Season Finale Recap
The one from the Vanity Fair Pod? No wonder they pod shyt (Vanity Fair)has gone down the drain. Used to listen to her a lot when she covered stuff like Westworld/Marvel stuff. She would often get guests from the show on for episodes. Might check out that recap.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Made this cuz someone on ResetEra said the whole season was trash cuz it ended on a cliffhanger
giphy.gif

:mjlol:

Might need to put S2 Renewal on Helly :ohhh:

giphy.gif

:lolbron:

Last edited:
Daps
how did Miss Cobel get into the Eagan party? They fired her ass.
thinking now I did chuckle when she left her car going forward and dude had to chase it. That is one way to make car checks work.

Oh yeah cartoon Kier Eagan telling Helly he "loved" her while at the same time looking like a villain from a 1991 video game had me going.