SEVERANCE

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just finished this. Great show but weird asf tho:patrice: What the hell was going on with the waffle party scene:merchant: The Helly twist was really good. Something is up with Mark's brother in law's book an his fans. They were all off in the head. I can see dude is apart of Luman. Like a few of you said this could end up on some Lost shyt as they can go in a million directions with this. New hidden departments, new characters, more weird shyt. And yeah they needed to establish that ole girl was still good with Luman to be able to get into the party, get backstage, and put her paws on Helly like she did. Melchick is a hell of a character and the dude playing him is a good actor. Was hoping they'd get back to the ex-Luman girl who bashed in the head of the Luman security guard who was following Mark. But good first season and a hell of a season finale. :whew:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I got bored one episode in. not sure if I'll revisit this :jbhmm:

I can see that but I was sold on the premise. But this one of the few shows that literally gets better each episode. I went from thinking this cool to going crazy waiting for the next episodes by time we got to episode 7

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I got bored one episode in. not sure if I'll revisit this :jbhmm:
If you aren’t sold on the plight of one of the characters by episode 2 I wouldn’t bother honestly. It only works if you have some kind of interest in one of the characters cause it spins off in a crazy direction by ep 4 and 5 and doesn’t let go.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I mean is this is such a great idea and the season was damn near flawless, but my fear is that a second (or third, or fourth) season will fall into that typical trap where it becomes more about worldbuilding than resolving the story and characters. though, great show and an amazing finale
Agreed.
I think I'm just a "planner" at heart cause as soon as this was over I started thinking "How can they possibly maintain this...". I hope they had a 3-4 season arc planned out and they leave it at that.

How do these nikkas go back to work after this? There’s no plausible narrative reason for us to ever see those innies again right, which bums me out a little.
They've already established that Lumon can turn their innie on anywhere anytime.

Better theory from Reddit on how Irving knew how to drive
That's not a theory on how he knew how to drive. It's a theory on why the outtie knew details about the innie life - like what the elevator looked like.
He knew how to drive because the process doesn't delete your general knowledge like how to walk, eat, do math, and drive. It gets rid of personal knowledge like your family and birthdate.

I think they are in purgatory
I swear every prestige mystery show since Lost gets the "they're in purgatory" theory lol

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
1-10 how good is this show?

can u compare it to anything?

How many eps

I give season 1 a 9. Very original story, it’s shot great and well acted. Really good character and world building. Even the score is great. Probably would give it a 10 but it takes a mintue to get going or to understand what’s going on if you know nothing about the show’s premise

Hard to compare it to anything but I’d say if you enjoyed Black Mirror this would be right up your alley

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I give season 1 a 9. Very original story, it’s shot great and well acted. Really good character and world building. Even the score is great. Probably would give it a 10 but it takes a mintue to get going or to understand what’s going on if you know nothing about the show’s premise

Hard to compare it to anything but I’d say if you enjoyed Black Mirror this would be right up your alley
Or dollhouse

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
1-10 how good is this show?

can u compare it to anything?

How many eps

It's really good. For me I view shows less on a 1-10 scale and moreso on a quality scale. For me when I think of prestige television, like the best of the best shyt...I think of

The Wire
The Sopranos
The Shield
Mad Men
The Knick (personal classic for me, I know some people wouldn't compare it to those other shows)
etc etc

shyt like that. Then you might have a scale under that of shows that are great but aren't the top of the top, perhaps for a flaw like a weaker finale or weak seasons towards the end. For instance:

Breaking Bad
etc

Then for me there are shows that are good but more flawed, with shyt that keeps them out of the higher tier like questionable writing or whatever else:

Ozarks
etc

----

To me, just based on the first season, I'd say Severance is in that second tier, the Breaking Bad tier....but there's clear cut potential for it to end up in the prestige tier. I've got reservations on where things may go in the future, plot wise, but just based off S1 it's a great show and worth watching for sure.