Serious topic: Why does God allow Satan/demons to roam the earth and mess with humans?

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Yet god is omniscient so he knew they would sin so how is this considered free will? or are you saying god is not capable of knowing what is going to happen with his creations?
Knowing what they gon do does not negate their freewill. It's just knowing the outcome.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Knowing what they gon do does not negate their freewill. It's just knowing the outcome.

So god created the very first humans (and also satan for that matter, his anathema) with the explicit knowledge that they would immediately doom the rest of us forever :mjlol: do you not realize how silly this makes god and the whole story look?

at best your god is a psychopath who revels in creating pointless doomed entities for his amusement/worship

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
My uncle used to be a preacher with his own ideas and he told me that we're mistaken about God being all powerful. He only has power over the light, he has no control over evil. I'm not super religious, but I respect what he told me :manny:

I'll leave the edgy atheists to do what they do in this thread.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
(Biblically speaking)

God will not kill his angels.
(he will inprison them but never kill)
UKVu0t8.gif

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
My uncle used to be a preacher with his own ideas and he told me that we're mistaken about God being all powerful. He only has power over the light, he has no control over evil. I'm not super religious, but I respect what he told me :manny:

I'll leave the edgy atheists to do what they do in this thread.

respectfully, your uncle was just creating his own fanfics for the bible as basically every christian does if we're being real. The fact the word of god is left up to interpretation is silly. You ask 10 preachers a question you'll get 10 different answer, shouldn't divine texts have uniform interpretation.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yet god is omniscient so he knew they would sin so how is this considered free will? or are you saying god is not capable of knowing what is going to happen with his creations?

It’s sorta like an open world game.
You can’t dictate what a player does but you know all the outcomes.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It’s sorta like an open world game.
You can’t dictate what a player does but you know all the outcomes.
So you are agreeing with me that the Abrahmic god knows all the bad stuff will happen, pre plans it, and just lets it happen.

He knew Satan would betray him on his inception yet still did it. I have never been able to make sense of that or have a christian do so either

I'm fairly open minded and therein lies the issue because the more I read the bible the more questions it raised to the eventual conclusion it makes zero sense. Which is fine. blind faith is a thing but christians try to make it seem like its anything but that.