Serious topic: Why does God allow Satan/demons to roam the earth and mess with humans?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
People should really stop thinking of “god” as a giant bearded man in the sky, monitoring everyone and everything like a security camera. It’s unhealthy.
What if him setting his face against you is a positive and not a negative :jbhmm:

@Marks remember that panopticon :pachaha:

398px-Flickr_-_Gaspa_-_Dendara%2C_tempio_di_Hator_%2867%29.jpg

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
why do you say that?

Lets study together and hopefully, I can help you navigate this conundrum

Matthew 19:1-12

now the typical way of considering "marriage" is physically. But what about metaphorically? Are the gospels married to the epistles and revelation?

Other cultures that received Judaism had many eunuchs. And eunuchs back in the day were almost always people who spent time close to places of knowledge. Eunuchs have one problem though, their seed is rejected by the woman. So their entire understanding of reality is in consequence of being rejected seed.

This is the hidden sickness of gnosticism and its kabbolistic offshoots. The entire book of enoch reads like it was written by a eunuch for example...
I ask because you wouldnt lean on your own understanding but guided by the spirit. Book of Enoch is heresy. Rejected rightfully so for many reasons

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I ask because you wouldnt lean on your own understanding but guided by the spirit. Book of Enoch is heresy. Rejected rightfully so for many reasons
aye that is what is said by some Christian sects (it is canonical in Ethiopian Orthodox however but not Greek/eastern orthodox), I dont use the heresy word much as it causes a lot of grief

but i will say to you that Jesus and the apostles have quoted from Enoch whether you realize it or not. I'm not gonna copy everything over but this forum has a dialogue about it if it interests you.

when you say "I wouldn't lean on my own understanding but guided by the spirit" what spirit do you profess? You are aware of Esau I hope.

I have alluded to it but Jesus borrows from the pattern of Jacob and like Jacob he is pursued by his brothers creations

I was brought up Methodist and at one time non-denominational for a time and fell away until I found orthodoxy. Some of those churches follow what I call the "charismatic movement" without wisdom and their ways lead many people into traps of trusting pure emotion. There is a danger in that, as well as professing the holy spirit without context. Plenty of Canaanites "professed" the spirit but really were blood drinkers. I am not a blood drinker and even now the words of Peter to Jesus where he says:

Matthew 16:15-28
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

why do you think Jesus said that Peter is the rock? What does it mean to you to "deny oneself"

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
no where in scripture does it require believers to provide proof of YAH's existence to non-believers...the arrogance of man demands proof of YAH's existence, but no such thing is owed...

everyone has the choice to believe or not...in my experience people choose to believe based on personal experiences they've had...i've detailed a couple experiences i've had or witnessed...you can search my posts if it's of any interest to you...
Yes and no. The purpose of the commandments of Christ is to lead others to salvation by glorifying God with testimony, humility, love, helping and servitude. Being the light of the world and salt of the earth like Jesus said

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
aye that is what is said by some Christian sects (it is canonical in Ethiopian Orthodox however but not Greek/eastern orthodox), I dont use the heresy word much as it causes a lot of grief

but i will say to you that Jesus and the apostles have quoted from Enoch whether you realize it or not. I'm not gonna copy everything over but this forum has a dialogue about it if it interests you.

when you say "I wouldn't lean on my own understanding but guided by the spirit" what spirit do you profess? You are aware of Esau I hope.

I have alluded to it but Jesus borrows from the pattern of Jacob and like Jacob he is pursued by his brothers creations

I was brought up Methodist and at one time non-denominational for a time and fell away until I found orthodoxy. Some of those churches follow what I call the "charismatic movement" without wisdom and their ways lead many people into traps of trusting pure emotion. There is a danger in that, as well as professing the holy spirit without context. Plenty of Canaanites "professed" the spirit but really were blood drinkers. I am not a blood drinker and even now the words of Peter to Jesus where he says:

Matthew 16:15-28

why do you think Jesus said that Peter is the rock? What does it mean to you to "deny oneself"
I already had my lunch break at work so let me get back to this later

• Dap

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
'Evil' cities timeline

90's NYC
00's Detroit/Baltimore
10's Chicago
20's Philadelphia
We have a drug and crime problem for sure but to be honest I think it’s our sports teams that makes the rest of the country hate us the most. :blessed:

• Dap

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
Yes and no. The purpose of the commandments of Christ is to lead others to salvation by glorifying God with testimony, humility, love, helping and servitude. Being the light of the world and salt of the earth like Jesus said

agree 100%…

all those things lead people to YAH thru humble action…arguing back and forth, or even intellectually debating someone who has already made a choice not to believe isn’t really in line with the highlighted which is what I was tryna get at…

if the goal of our conversations are to be right that means our egos are leading those conversations and we’re operating from a worldly place instead of a godly one…

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city
The human brain is a hell of thing.

And the way certain stories, customs and traditions gets passed on with very few questions long after their creators are gone is Amazing.
Personally I don't care how old something is , and if everyone before me did it, If it makes no sense to me, I'm questioning it.

It's my opinion one of the many reasons mankind is in the state it is now, is blind followers, social media and the rise of the internet showed us this.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
People always want to blame God for the actions they undertook. They want to be in complete disobedience and engage in demonic activity and have the audacity to wonder why demons are plaguing their lives. It's because you invited them in. If you are living a good, holy life, you will be protected. There will be some reasonable trials and tribulations, but God will keep you safe.

Why are people mad at God over being 'unprotected' when they are the ones who rejected the protection?