Serious discussion: what's wrong with eating pork?

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
What’s crazy is pork isn’t food, but nikkas cook it and eat it. You might as well eat a toilet boil or glass

PigAnatomy.png

PIGMEAT_CystLifestyle.png

Yes it is... and it's delicious...

best-grilled-pork-chops-14.jpg

oven-baked-baby-back-ribs-beauty-332_preview-34579f7f15ed4548ae3bb5b2048aab60.jpg
BBQ-Pulled-Pork-16.jpg

LGYailF.gif

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
The Bible and Quran call pigs unclean, among other animals people readily consume without objection, so that has much more to do with it than cannibalism.
Okay. So it desert, tribal, foreign god is telling black people not to eat an animal that he created? :dahell:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
From conversations I've had with people adament about avoiding it they usually give 2 stances. 1 is it's an unhealthy food(I can get behind this but I think anything is fine in moderation, personally).

2 is the animal itself is 'unclean'. Which always made me LOL. I can make any argument any animal you eat is 'unclean'. I doubt that grilled chicken breast I had last night was on the 25th floor of the Hilton before they dragged him kicking and screaming and spilling caviar to the slaughterhouse.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's probably nothing wrong with eating pork. It can be fatty but it depends on the cut you get.

I think the issues are: how frequently are you eating it? And how are you eating it?

The occasional pork chop probably isn't so bad.
Bacon and ribs (especially if you're pairing the ribs with unhealthy sides) is probably not a good choice to have very often.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
shyt is literal slave food
The main reason pork became a dominant protein in African American cuisine is slavery. Prior to the Atlantic Slave Trade, pigs were present in sub-Saharan West Africa, but they were not a major part of the indigenous diet. Even if pigs were plentiful, Islam had spread in the region since the 800s C.E., which made pork a taboo food for the burgeoning number of Muslim converts. Centuries later, slavers didn’t care what spiritual practices their human captives observed. Enslaved African Muslims were force-fed salted pork on the weeks-long journey by ship from West Africa to the Americas. The only other option was to starve.

Black folks never ate that shyt. It was foreign to us until we was forced to eat it
Pigs were domesticated in Mesopotamia, around 15,000 years ago. But up until the 20th century, consumption of pork was relatively low, and often restricted to the autumn-winter part of the year.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
This thread is The Coli at its best. Entertaining & relatable topic, OP isn't judgmental while setting the tone, fun and informative information shared, bro-science and old wives tales (without the trolling) to keep the levity, and jokes and replies but no disrespect. Just dudes shootin' the shıt.

We may only get it right 3 or 4 times a year, but this is why I Coli :smugdraper:

Regardless of y'all diet, lemme leave y'all some fly knowledge.

🎶 'Cause you are what you eat,
You eat what you can
You pray to bless the food
But first you wash your hands
To wash away them bad spirits
Don't bring it in your home
Once you let them in they stayin'
Evil be gone, say it
I'm proud of Mase for givin' himself to the Lord
Wonderin' does Faith
Think about Big anymore
Of course my nikkaa Horse got married