serious discussion: Drake HAS to be an industry plant, no?

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
rnb is disco, and we never controlled any blues based genre as a black community.
plus, there is no culture for disco rnb so it was overrun by gays.which in turn hip hop became the anti-thesis, and an actual culture.
juxtaposed from the gay/rnb disco club model and industry.
that is why having ghostwriters is a cultural no-no.
they are trying to make acceptable in rap, erroneously.

Art Barr
:patrice: are you saying they are tying to make ghostwriting acceptable or they are not trying to make gay people acceptable in rap because gay people have no culture?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Breh I was a serious napoleon level drake stan before I heard 10 bands... I was in every new drake song thread going off... I would defend him anybody stepped out of bounds with him but 10 bands did it for me

Hip hop is really dead. Despite the quality decreasing all these years there was still a shred of artistic integrity. Now that the top artist is by far and away ahead of everybody else and is being applauded for not writing his own songs... Its over.

Its a shame that the death blow had to come from Toronto... A place with historically great hip hop IMO... Now you have Cacs running around toronto like Royalty with new artists begging for drake to Remix their songs. Drakes management team is cacs breh... His manager put his GF on drakes album credits as art director... She got paid more than QM. Drake or OVO never gave or will give a look to any of the dope Toronto Rappers... Only gimmick kids or singers. They are the only way to get exposure in this city and they suffocate it.

If you wanna see what hip hop is gonna be like in 5 yrs, look at Toronto. 1 label who only signs people who are family or know them before music (pnd, roywoods, majid jordan) or if ur song is hot, u have to give to another artist (Jimmy prime, Makonnen, Ramriddlz).

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Outside of a savior coming in the next 1-2 years who can dethrone him? It's a wrap.
:francis: well i dont know if Kendrick or cole can do it, and if they cant it only makes my plans of moving to Africa even more worth it.... Cant stand being by cacs anymore ... just have a few more years

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
I personally know dudes who, Drakes management team asked for music many times unsolicited, and identified themselves as HUGE fans of their work, yet when the dudes asked for blog links or anything to help their career, they got curved. All screenshotted stuff too. Toronto artists.

IMO its because they blackball artists like them who they feel threatened by.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Breh I was a serious napoleon level drake stan before I heard 10 bands... I was in every new drake song thread going off... I would defend him anybody stepped out of bounds with him but 10 bands did it for me

Hip hop is really dead. Despite the quality decreasing all these years there was still a shred of artistic integrity. Now that the top artist is by far and away ahead of everybody else and is being applauded for not writing his own songs... Its over.

Its a shame that the death blow had to come from Toronto... A place with historically great hip hop IMO... Now you have Cacs running around toronto like Royalty with new artists begging for drake to Remix their songs. Drakes management team is cacs breh... His manager put his GF on drakes album credits as art director... She got paid more than QM. Drake or OVO never gave or will give a look to any of the dope Toronto Rappers... Only gimmick kids or singers. They are the only way to get exposure in this city and they suffocate it.

If you wanna see what hip hop is gonna be like in 5 yrs, look at Toronto. 1 label who only signs people who are family or know them before music (pnd, roywoods, majid jordan) or if ur song is hot, u have to give to another artist (Jimmy prime, Makonnen, Ramriddlz).
:dahell: breh I never noticed how much he's stiffled the Toronto rap scene :wtf:

Normally when a nikka in your city is the man, everybody eats. He hasn't signed any other rappers. The people he fukked with are people who sounds he sharked. (PND ABEL)

When Jay was the guy he made sure a Bunch of other Ny Rappers ate.

I don't even know what Toronto rap sounds like :dwillhuh:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
:dahell: breh I never noticed how much he's stiffled the Toronto rap scene :wtf:

Normally when a nikka in your city is the man, everybody eats. He hasn't signed any other rappers. The people he fukked with are people who sounds he sharked. (PND ABEL)

When Jay was the guy he made sure a Bunch of other Ny Rappers ate.

I don't even know what Toronto rap sounds like :dwillhuh:
I can tell u right now confirmed, Abel dont fukk with dude or anybody associated with dude in 2015.

PND almost stopped fukkin w them until he came up off that bread for recognize

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Bruh, I been saying this for a while.

So Far Gone is a perfect example.

Underground artist don't get that kind of production and features on their albums and this was supposed to be a mixtape?

The fact that the song that really put him on " The Best I ever had" was already damn near made and written by Kia Shine and Lil Wayne

Isn't it weird that we don't see any old clips of Drake rapping or freestyling when he younger or coming up?

Like when was he honing his craft?

He didn't make any tracks or music before Comeback Season?

It's all a lil questionable when you compare it to other successful rappers

I had this argument with my brother yesterday in the gym..

Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan just had like 100 songs leak, most unmastered, most garbage (werent meant to be released)

but a lot of rappers make a lot of songs, hundreds, til they find the 10-20 they like for an album..

but it seems like everytime Drake goes into the booth, its a complete song, fully mastered, and not a throw a way track..

wheres drakes 80+ throw away tracks for an album ? any album ? you telling me all 15 songs or whatever on an album, were the first 15 songs he did ? no ones that good of a rapper to not have throw away tracks.. we even get throw away tracks from people like Jay-Z and TI... but Drake has no throw away tracks ? where they at ? Thats how you know people ghostwriting his shyt / doing reference tracks cause once the blue print is laid out for a song, you can just replicate that til it comes out good and it removes the need for throw away tracks