serious discussion: Drake HAS to be an industry plant, no?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
you're an idiot.
im the idiot?:pachaha:breh you wrote a 5 paragraph-~600 words Essay on Drake saying nothing at all..... 150 words short of 750 :wow:

Get Drake dikk out ya mouth
25941.jpg
the irony:skip:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm going to need an explanation how this is different then other rappers who signed to a major record label who don't care about the culture and who only cared about dollars in order to promote and protect the artist that they are financially backing

He had an original J. Dilla beat on a mixtape:beli:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

That b!tch Dream Hampton is the biggest Jay-Z cocksucker on the face of the Earth. The b!tch is a clown. Where's the reference tracks she heard? And why both Dead Prez and Jay Elec outright called those claims ridiculous.

Again, where is the tangible evidence??????
And she was talking about the ****** album, of all albums. A bunch half-cooked racial theories, random trivia that he read about, weird concepts like rapping as a roach or what if fried chicken as a woman...I love Nas and the album but it was all over the place. Thats Nas being Nas.

Its not like he sounded out of character or was attempting to make hits, that was the most unfiltered "Nas-ish" album ever. Nobody believed it cuz it didn't make any sense. Her exact quote was "most of the radical content was written by Stic.Man". Its obvious she had never heard the album before she made those claims.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He did. He definitely did

2006 he drops a local mixtape. A year later he drops comeback season with features from prominent artists.

2009 he drops So Far Gone and it blows up like nothing you've ever seen before. 4-5 months after he drops his mixtape he's shooting sprite commercials. Mixtape gets nom's for a Grammy.

Now, he gets exposed and multiple industries :cape: and insert themselves into Hip Hop drama to save him.

Dude makes mysoginistic content in a generation where feminists are flat out destroying people and no one says anything.

He's the ambassador of a family friendly league when his music is about drugs, sex, guns and violence.

Multiple endorsements despite the content of his music.

This hasn't happened before.
What were the prominent features on CS? Trey Songz before he had really blown, Phonte and Elzhi from backpacking hip hop groups? Nickleus F the BET Freestyle champion?

Another long ass, dap fishing emotional Drake rant my nikka?

All these rap nikkas are industry plants Drake, Kendrick, Rocky, Cole, etc. Who gives a fukk if the music is good straight up internet nerd shyt.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Exactly now that the higher ups got conformation that being a fraud is accepted that means it's officially no holds bars when it comes to who they want to propel into the mainstream and that's scary when you really analyze it , if this was even a decade prior Meek would be the one getting praised for exposing him for not crafting his own rhymes and Drake would have got the burial treatment the fact that it's the complete opposite is evidence that alot of bullshyt is going to be on the horizon for the next decade .What I also find strange is that publications like Complex & Noisey weren't even the go to source for hip hop news until a couple years ago and out of where they just rose from obscurity and the ones that were popular before just decreased in popularity . This shyt is personally bigger than Drake man it's so much shyt to dissect were literally watching the soul / authenticity of the culture disintegrate in front of our eyes

VICE owns Noisey.
And Complex was a magazine before it was a website.

So they just didn't poof out of nowhere.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
VICE owns Noisey.
And Complex was a magazine before it was a website.

So they just didn't poof out of nowhere.
I know they been around for grip , but nobody was posting links from there websites like that until earlier this decade that when they really started getting popular among hip hop heads as a whole I never seen a complex maganize in anyone possession as long as I've been alive .

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Crazy thing is I actually want(ed) to be a part of this industry. Now I have to pick a different avenue, and be the "help" nikkas are so accepting of now.

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
I think you're using the word "industry plant" wrong. He wouldn't be on Cash Money which has a favorable distribution deal and an owner who's known for not paying for anything if he were a plant. CM is more known for throwing artists in the bushes than developing them.

There also wouldn't have been a bidding war for his first major deal where he was able to choose CM on his own favorable terms over say Interscope/Roc Nation/Def Jam etc. because his original "plant" label would have held his deal. Not only that, they would've locked him into a 360 deal early on.

I think the better criticism for Drake is that he "bought" his way into the game, "bought" his way up the ladder, and his purchasing power is now so large ... it's almost scary. ( If he finishes his CM deal and goes directly with Apple, he'll be making independent % but at majors levels of sales which is unprecedented )

He paid for features with TV money on comeback season. He paid the Jas/J.Prince tax to get into the game and link with Lil Wayne. He paid the Birdman tax to have a more favorable contract. He pays what seems like half of Toronto to have a squad.

Since none of the Hip-Hop gatekeepers stopped him throughout the process, this is where we stand today.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
What were the prominent features on CS? Trey Songz before he had really blown, Phonte and Elzhi from backpacking hip hop groups? Nickleus F the BET Freestyle champion?

Another long ass, dap fishing emotional Drake rant my nikka?

All these rap nikkas are industry plants Drake, Kendrick, Rocky, Cole, etc. Who gives a fukk if the music is good straight up internet nerd shyt.
Nope. Rocky grinded. Kendrick grinded. Cole grinded.

Drake came out of nowhere.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nope. Rocky grinded. Kendrick grinded. Cole grinded.

Drake came out of nowhere.
:mjlol:

Rocky grinded? That nikka blew off one mixtape with album level mixing and production and had every single magazine known to man on his dikk. Drake had way more material out than him before signed and definitely put more work in underground.

J. Cole was signed by The Warm Up another industry plant marketed as the every man in the Roc machine. Kendrick did grind but became an industry plant and is one of the most manufactured artist through the Interscope machine.

Drake came out of nowhere? So RFI and CS never happened. Drake wasn't buzzing on MySpace before signed, Replacement Girl video didn't get played late night on BET. SFG was pushed by the machine he was signed by that point.