serious discussion: Drake HAS to be an industry plant, no?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:mjlol:

Rocky grinded? That nikka blew off one mixtape with album level mixing and production and had every single magazine known to man on his dikk. Drake had way more material out than him before signed and definitely put more work in underground.

J. Cole was signed by The Warm Up another industry plant marketed as the every man in the Roc machine. Kendrick did grind but became an industry plant and is one of the most manufactured artist through the Interscope machine.

Drake came out of nowhere? So RFI and CS never happened. Drake wasn't buzzing on MySpace before signed, Replacement Girl video didn't get played late night on BET. SFG was pushed by the machine he was signed by that point.

Look at the production on those mixtape homie:sas2:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I SAID LOOK FAKKIT :demonic:

I aint spoon feeding you
:wtf: I talked about several artist in that post.

Drake? You do realize production credits on a mixtape mean nothing right? It's a free mixtape you can use any beat.

The majority of the production on those tapes was done by Canadian producers like Slakah The Beatchild, Boi-1-Da, Frank Dukes, T-Minus, Amir, Rich Kidd.

He had a few Kanye beats (Barry Bonds from Graduation) and Dilla beats from Donuts and Sountrakk's Kick Push beat (F&L).

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:wtf: I talked about several artist in that post.

Drake? You do realize production credits on a mixtape mean nothing right? It's a free mixtape you can use any beat.

The majority of the production on those tapes was done by Canadian producers like Slakah The Beatchild, Boi-1-Da, Frank Dukes, T-Minus, Amir, Rich Kidd.

He had a few Kanye beats (Barry Bonds from Graduation) and Dilla beats from Donuts and Sountrakk's Kick Push beat (F&L).

9th Wonder
Stargate
Pharrell
:dahell:

Jahbarri

Banned
Daps
Reppin
MONTREAL
He did. He definitely did

2006 he drops a local mixtape. A year later he drops comeback season with features from prominent artists.

2009 he drops So Far Gone and it blows up like nothing you've ever seen before. 4-5 months after he drops his mixtape he's shooting sprite commercials. Mixtape gets nom's for a Grammy.

Now, he gets exposed and multiple industries :cape: and insert themselves into Hip Hop drama to save him.

Dude makes mysoginistic content in a generation where feminists are flat out destroying people and no one says anything.

He's the ambassador of a family friendly league when his music is about drugs, sex, guns and violence.

Multiple endorsements despite the content of his music.

This hasn't happened before.

he is jewish brehs , last time i checked they take care of their own

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's quite obvious he is a plant

He still doesn't know how to flow to a beat that's why he needs reference tracks.

This isn't a good look for Hip Hop. It looks like from this point forward the label is going to select any random 20+ year old who appeals mainly to the female demographic and teach them the basics of rapping.

Supply them with writers and reference tracks and then you have your next big rap artist.

This is what happened with Drake.

He was a project that has become very successful

But it's not solely our job to be speaking out about this...it's the other artists that are being soft..the legends

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
this is an obvious L for the culture of hip hop. we've blatantly seen the direct higher up connections he has come out in full force to save his reputation from being completely demolished. there is apart of me that really is furious. it's a industry plant thing. it's an oppresion thing. it's favoritism. it's corporate greed. it's biting. there's so many angles to this that would infuriate a person who literally grew up in the culture.

i'm watching something that was black turn white and lose it's soul. i can clearly see how wrong this is while just about everyone else is cosigning it because they either don't want to be on the wrong side or just want to go along with what's cool....or you're just not going to say anything because you don't want to ruffle any feathers. the whole entire point of hip hop has been to ruffle feathers. hip hop has been calling out phonies, fakes and imitators since it's inception. faking and biting whether consensual or not is a cardinal sin in this game and right before my eyes i'm watching it become celebrated.

this one event opens the floodgates for a different type of artist to enter the scene. one that doesn't have to prove themselves with the skill of a real mc. this is the artist they wanted all along but couldn't push because at one time the public wouldn't stand for it. a hip hop artist/rapper that's using someone elses lines? get the fukk out of here. but now....within a weeks time, it's all good. this is okay....kids are rooting for this. adults are rooting for this. everything hip hop stood for is reversed because one guy had all the money and power backing him. hip hop started out as an authentic means to communicate a narrative of the ghetto when there were no suits of any kind paying attention. it was the voice of the mc telling his or her own truth.

i can't say i haven't known for a long time that hip hop has been controlled by money but this is different. this is the reversal of everything that it's about. you have a half black and white jew from upper suburbia using the platform to assert himself to the top with his television connections, just like a white kid who's father works at a major corporation. he can use daddy's position for an internship and later take over the company in a few short years without any real work put in. then you have meek....a clear child and product of the ghetto...grew up in the meanest streets in philly and well known in the battle scene. he grinded his way out. the streets spoke for him when ross came to philly. the streets told ross that he had to see about this kid meek....not connections,

now meek is the fraud and drake is the hero. drake is the creative genius and meek is the loud mouthed goon. the soft spoken Canadian who manages to get a 20 million deal with apple, host the espys and have his image plastered on billboards with nas biggie and rakim is now the face of the culture. yet he has others writing for him....this shyt just blows my mind. i'm witnessing a sad day in hip hop history but i'm just going to keep it moving. like someone said in another thread....hip hop belongs to the suits now. they knew what they were doing from day 1 with drake.
And I don't even fukk with Meek but this is 100000% on point

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I'm literally getting angry right now. I'm drinking my coffee and just shaking my head realizing how true this shyt is.

Things are actually about to change now. This is an L that people will remember forever when it's time to talk about how Hip Hop fell.
:francis: Do we even really still control R&B? is Rap the last pure art form we had before cacs came in?

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think you're using the word "industry plant" wrong. He wouldn't be on Cash Money which has a favorable distribution deal and an owner who's known for not paying for anything if he were a plant. CM is more known for throwing artists in the bushes than developing them.

There also wouldn't have been a bidding war for his first major deal where he was able to choose CM on his own favorable terms over say Interscope/Roc Nation/Def Jam etc. because his original "plant" label would have held his deal. Not only that, they would've locked him into a 360 deal early on.

I think the better criticism for Drake is that he "bought" his way into the game, "bought" his way up the ladder, and his purchasing power is now so large ... it's almost scary. ( If he finishes his CM deal and goes directly with Apple, he'll be making independent % but at majors levels of sales which is unprecedented )

He paid for features with TV money on comeback season. He paid the Jas/J.Prince tax to get into the game and link with Lil Wayne. He paid the Birdman tax to have a more favorable contract. He pays what seems like half of Toronto to have a squad.

Since none of the Hip-Hop gatekeepers stopped him throughout the process, this is where we stand today.

it still means the same thing. instead of labels doing it, he did it. it's all about forced/contrived entry.

:francis: Do we even really still control R&B? is Rap the last pure art form we had before cacs came in?

he's slowly fully gonna take that r&b lane too. he's always gone back and forth but i'm betting my money on him dropping an r&b album in the next 2.5-3 years.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

rnb is disco, and we never controlled any blues based genre as a black community.
plus, there is no culture for disco rnb so it was overrun by gays.which in turn hip hop became the anti-thesis, and an actual culture.
juxtaposed from the gay/rnb disco club model and industry.
that is why having ghostwriters is a cultural no-no.
they are trying to make acceptable in rap, erroneously.

Art Barr