Serena Williams on the Steubenville Rape case: "I'm not blaming the girl, but..."

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
but she wasnt with strangers, and she wasnt in a foreign country by herself. She was with her peers, people whom she felt she knew and could trust. That trust was betrayed. What part of that is so confusing to you? You guys are so obsessed with focusing on her behavior, to the point where she is seemingly on trial for drinking with peers.

When/if you have a daughter are you gonna teach her it's ok to trust a pack of drunken male teenagers?

If we are going to anylize this situation and teach our children not to end up as part of some fukkery like this, we have to look at both sides.

As a grown as man I wouldn't feel confortable getting pissy drunk and hanging out with a bunch of drunken adolescent males. Friends or not there's no way in hell that girl should have willingly put herself in that position.

We spend so much time "protecting the victim" that these lessons are lost in the rhetoric. Don't get me wrong I believe those boys actions were dispicable and they deserved whatever punishment they got. But in real life, just expressing my discontent at those boys actions won't prevent more girls from being victimized. Young girls need to be tought how to protect themselves, because when they find themselves in a dangerous situation, no amount of outrage torwards rapists will help them.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Why was she drinking at all? Shew was fukking 16?? :mindblown: Society, ignores all these high school kids dying in car accidents and of alcohol poisoning because it's just cac kids having fun. Man fukk that, it needs to be addressed as well. You are talking about this young lady like she is 26 and not freaking 16 bruh. :wtf:

Underage drinking is socially acceptable, not ideal but acceptable given its lack of punitive consequences. Now if you want to go on a crusade, and criminalize drinking and turn such an act into a felony that we as a society firmly enforce and shame, be my guest. But if adults and lawmakers of our society are permissible of drinking, then why are you placing such a burden on the 16 y/o, and putting her on trial for making that decision? Rape is a felony that can earn one life in prison. Drinking at worse can lead one to being put into a drunk tank. Im a talking about the specific ramifications of each act. You're not making sense.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Underage drinking is socially acceptable, not ideal but acceptable given its lack of punitive consequences. Now if you want to go on a crusade, and criminalize drinking and turn such an act into a felony that we as a society firmly enforce and shame, be my guest. But if adults and lawmakers of our society are permissible of drinking, then why are you placing such a burden on the 16 y/o, and putting her on trial for making that decision? Rape is a felony that can earn one life in prison. Drinking at worse can lead one to being put into a drunk tank. Im a talking about the specific ramifications of each act. You're not making sense.

Do you not agree that people can put themselves in positions in which bad things can happen to them? Do you not agree that being young and drunk further enhances the chances that a young person could put themselves in bad situation? You have to look at the situation in more then one angle. People take preventative measures all the time to avoid bad things happening to them, so I don't get why people are up in arms for someone questioning her putting herself in that situation. I would have beat those kids ass if they raped my daughter and then I would go in on my daughter for being an idiot and getting black out drunk with the "rape crew".

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I disagree with born2bking but I see where he's coming from. I think the problem is Serena is like many people bothered by the fact the football players will be held responsible. Sports is all that matter and no one should ever interfere with football. Sports is more important than life. If these guys were regular dudes these comments would not have been made.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I couldn't even read past page 2 of this thread because it is absolutely disgusting that some of you people agree or "partially" agree with Serena

The level of stupidity required to equate a teenager getting too drunk with "putting herself in a position to get gang raped" is mind boggling.

People turning this into the race-bait game is shameful also. Yeah, I'm sure the CAC media is going to be to blame for Serena making one of the most idiotic statements I have ever read

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
I honestly don't understand how people can't see there's a difference between "prevention" and "blaming the victim". There's a reason we tell our kids not to talk to strangers. This is for the GENERAL discussion about rape/crime, and there's a difference between trying to minimize risks (which is what everyone does all the time, everywhere) and absolving scumbags/criminal in general. I understand it's an extremely touchy subject but it doensn't help anyone telling people/girls "Don't worry about a thing, everybody's nice out there".

Let me put it this way: My ex-gf LOVES travelling and wanted to go to India. But with the recent rapes happening out there, she's postponed those plans. Is that, in some way, saying that those girls "had it coming"? No, that's just her using that info to better protect herself. She might still go, but she said "Not alone". Is that her blaming the victims? No, that's her being realistic about herself and the risks. There are enough situations in which one can't do anything, so you might as well minimize risks where/if you can (that goes for ALL situations obviously, not only rape). That doesn't mean absolving the perpetrators in any way.

No, she's just misogynistic :skip:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I don't think anyone is saying her getting raped is making her act all fine and dandy just that this whole "if you wouldn't have done this..." Doesn't excuse crime and is therefore pointless rhetoric.

If Emmitt Till wouldn't have whistled at that white woman, he would have never been killed and beaten. He should have known what was up.

If Serena's sister would have never been arguing in the streets with a man she would have never been killed. I'm not blaming her sister but if you're ready to confront someone/a stranger, be ready for anything.

Besides, the shyt y'all are suggesting (women should stop drinking at parties) is just some plain ole lame sausage fest fukkery that not even you would want to be a part of. :yeshrug: If someone tells you there's a party, with no females, are you going? If you're not going (because that's clearly some boring lame shyt) I can't see the point of imagining hypothetical ifs for situations you wouldn't want to be involved with in the first place.

SN: If anything here, it's Serena's wording that is going to catch her flack here. We all know she shouldn't have been drinking but that whole "Im not blaming her, but if she had... phrasing is touchy.
Well fukk it using your logic there is never need for any talks on topics like this then since we all agree that what they did was wrong too. Nothing is up for discussion then so we all should just say what they did was wrong and dont wonder if anything could have been done to prevent this from happening case closed moving on right? Anybody watch the Finals game last night that was a hell of a game man can't wait till Thursday. I guess that's how we should do all subjects esp ones like this then open and shut case just move on no discussion ever. I guess I can dig it. :troll:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
what about the boy's parents not telling them that sexually assaulting girls is scumbagish shyt?

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Do you not agree that people can put themselves in positions in which bad things can happen to them? Do you not agree that being young and drunk further enhances the chances that a young person could put themselves in bad situation? You have to look at the situation in more then one angle. People take preventative measures all the time to avoid bad things happening to them, so I don't get why people are up in arms for someone questioning her putting herself in that situation. I would have beat those kids ass if they raped my daughter and then I would go in on my daughter for being an idiot and getting black out drunk with the "rape crew".

Im not exactly sure what you and others who agree with you are looking for me to say. Sure, if all girls spent all their days and evenings doing their homework and reading the bible, all under trusted adult supervision, then we probably wouldnt have to worry much about these sort of things, but that is obviously unreasonable and ignorant of the human condition --- especially in our western world of freedom of choice.

Let me ask you --- do you think that the female in question accepted the invitation knowing there was a good chance she would be drugged, and brutally raped, pissed on, and nutted on all while she was completely unconscious? You are taking the stance typical of judgmental adults. Now that you have matured through age and experience, and you are far removed from the party lifestyle and one of risk and chance, you now expect all people whom are 10-15 years your junior to share in that same maturity, which is wildly unreasonable, and you are smart enough to know that.

People learn life lessons through the experiences of youthful indiscretion. 9 times out of ten a decision to drink at a party is just going to lead to a bad hangover. Tragically, this girl decided to trust and party with the wrong people, and she paid dearly for it. Again, I dont know what you want me to suggest outside of all people living in caged pods and never interacting with one other, for fear of exposing oneself to violent crime.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Many people seem to be blatantly ignoring the school administration treating these football players like gods and helping to cover up the case in the first place

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
what about the boy's parents not telling them that sexually assaulting girls is scumbagish shyt?
Pretty sure they told them stealing which rape is a form of is wrong. Pretty sure most parents have told their thieving, murderous children that doesn't mean it's going to stop buddy so you have to protect your own best intrest. Anymore paper towel weak ass points/questions you want to make/ask?

Edit: For your next dumb question about the school that's not the part of the case we are talking about sparky can't you tell by the dialogue? We are talking about the actual act not the cover up which is just as stupid but NOBODY agrees with that either. Next dumb question please or not.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pretty sure they told them stealing which rape is a form of is wrong. Pretty sure most parents have told their thieving, murderous children that doesn't mean it's going to stop buddy so you have to protect your own best intrest. Anymore paper towel weak ass points/questions you want to make/ask?

:umad:
:snoop:

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
Why was she drinking at all? Shew was fukking 16?? :mindblown: Society, ignores all these high school kids dying in car accidents and of alcohol poisoning because it's just cac kids having fun. Man fukk that, it needs to be addressed as well. You are talking about this young lady like she is 26 and not freaking 16 bruh. :wtf:

:mindblown:

Like black kids weren't getting fukked up during that 4loko craze. STFU !! Y'all stay with this white vs black shyt. NEWS FLASH, teenagers of all races get fukked up at one point or another. Not just "cac kids" :beli: And when has society ignored this issue, when they raised the drinking age to 21 ? when they made laws against selling to minors ? Unless prohibition is brought back, teens will find a way to get alcohol. Don't you know the more you forbid someone from doing something, the more they want to try it. Countries that have a drinking age of 16 or 18 do not have the problems that we have here.

And stop being naive, you can preach all you want to your kids about drugs and alcohol and they can still go out and experiment. Short of keeping them locked inside, they're going to come across it at least once during their teenage years.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Well fukk it using your logic there is never need for any talks on topics like this then since we all agree that what they did was wrong too. Nothing is up for discussion then so we all should just say what they did was wrong and dont wonder if anything could have been done to prevent this from happening case closed moving on right? Anybody watch the Finals game last night that was a hell of a game man can't wait till Thursday. I guess that's how we should do all subjects esp ones like this then open and shut case just move on no discussion ever. I guess I can dig it. :troll:

Admitting that both were in the wrong is acknowledging that the right things could have been done is it not? Is that not what you do when you say something is wrong?

No need for this "I'm not blaming her, but..." BS

It's like a naggy ass wife riding shot gun in your car or some shyt. The GPS has already told you that you went the wrong way and you're clearly not at the right spot but your bytchin' ass wife still in the passenger seat talkin' about "See! If you woulda went left....!" Damn, stfu. We don't need to state the obvious and rub things in dumb ass. Leave it alone, unless you just wanna be an annoying, blabbermouth, bytch.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
When you place yourself in stupid situations and shyt happens... Your immature if you can't see that the blame mostly lies on you.

Serena isn't condoning rape.. more young girls should hear messages like this.