Self defense or murder? Cac stabs multiple teens

profound

technique
Daps
the Spanish guy who testified the killer got punched/dunked in water/defended himself will get the defendant acquitted

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
nothing-of-value-was-lost-the-critic.gif

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
I don't even know if the old guy was being a creep. He claims he was looking for a phone that he dropped, one of the teens admitted the man said he was looking for a phone. Seems like none of the teens have a good reason for accusing the man of looking for little girls, there weren't even any little girls in the area at the time.

I want to know what happened before the video because if these teens just started fukking with some random old dude then attacked him, they got what they deserved. But if this old dude really went over to that group of teens being a creep, then he's guilty.
I didn’t even hear the part about him looking for his phone, the audio is kinda trash. I could see them being drunk and just trying to shame and pick on an old guy by suggesting he’s a creep.

If someone is making lewd comments (like they say he was) is that considered threatening, legally speaking? If not, him being a creep might be irrelevant, so not guilty regardless.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
That's not what happened. Him and his wife were on a tubing trip with a group and somebody dropped their phone in the water. He volunteered to get out and look for it. That's when he encountered the teenagers who were drunk. The guy also has a heart condition and had a quadruple bypass surgery a couple years earlier. I really believe he was minding his business and just started getting fukked with by these drunk kids.
:duck: It’s obvious he’s one of those baby boomers raised on John Wayne movies that think they’re tuff shyt even if they are :flabbynsick:. He probably ran up on them on some Karen shyt and they matched his energy. Now he gets to go into Gen pop and fight young dudes all day. Fakkit better make a shank:umad:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I didn’t even hear the part about him looking for his phone, the audio is kinda trash. I could see them being drunk and just trying to shame and pick on an old guy by suggesting he’s a creep.

If someone is making lewd comments (like they say he was) is that considered threatening, legally speaking? If not, him being a creep might be irrelevant, so not guilty regardless.
I've been listening to the trial at work and there's alot more context that's not shown in the video.

It sounds like the dude was looking for a phone, the teens seen him and started making fun of him. One of the teens pulls out the camera and starts filming, that's when the video starts. There was also testimony that one of the teens deleted another video of the incident.

According to the defense, the old dude heard the teens screaming at him and saw one holding up a phone so he ran over thinking they found his phone. He lost his balance and fell into their tubes then dropped his snorkel, you can see this happening in the video.

The teens start yelling about him looking for little girls, that caused a group of adults to get involved. One of the adults was the girl yelling in the man's face and later got stabbed, Another adult was actually the first to attack, you see him slap the man, he also got stabbed.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been listening to the trial at work and there's alot more context that's not shown in the video.

It sounds like the dude was looking for a phone, the teens seen him and started making fun of him. One of the teens pulls out the camera and starts filming, that's when the video starts. There was also testimony that one of the teens deleted another video of the incident.

According to the defense, the old dude heard the teens screaming at him and saw one holding up a phone so he ran over thinking they found his phone. He lost his balance and fell into their tubes then dropped his snorkel, you can see this happening in the video.

The teens start yelling about him looking for little girls, that caused a group of adults to get involved. One of the adults was the girl yelling in the man's face and later got stabbed, Another adult was actually the first to attack, you see him slap the man, he also got stabbed.
Got a link?

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps

Damn that makes the video make a whole lot more sense. Those teenagers were being ass holes and they called the guy a pedo for no apparent reason to get people to jump to their side without hearing out the old guy first…Going to watch the video you linked, curious what the prosecutions arguments are.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Damn that makes the video make a whole lot more sense. Those teenagers were being ass holes and they called the guy a pedo for no apparent reason to get people to jump to their side without hearing out the old guy first…Going to watch the video you linked, curious what the prosecutions arguments are.
That video is just day 1.

Prosecutions opening statements is at 50:00 and defense is at 1:44:00.

Prosecutions argument is that dude could've walked away but didn't. Defense says dudes group was behind the group of teens and they had formed a semicircle around the dude blocking him from where he needed to go.

Prosecution is leaning on the fact that the old man tried to hide the knife, changed clothes trying to avoid police, then acted like he wasn't involved when they caught him.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Shouldn't stab someone over a push or slap but a lesson for others as well not to provoke a stranger because you don't know what they are capable of.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Shouldn't stab someone over a push or slap but a lesson for others as well not to provoke a stranger because you don't know what they are capable of.
I would disagree. I think you can stab over just about any assault, you can’t just wait until it gets worse to defend yourself.