Seinfeld= Overrated

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
tumblr_m2bgkgUsjS1qzy5spo1_500.gif

Seinfeld is the GOAT, and George is Top 3 ever.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
I don't know what to say to the first page. Seinfeld has almost had me in tears sometimes...when I first saw the Soup Nazi, the JFK spit episode via Kramer recounting it, Teri Hatcher's titties being real or not, The Contest, Elaine and her shyt, Kramer in GENERAL, George was wild....just alot of crazy shyt that is just too good. There's no way you can say Seinfeld wasn't nearly the greatest damn thing of the 90s at one point.

tumblr_lwk8sttbvb1r7iumto2_500.gif

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
So now people can't think Martin (who was a top tier comedian) is funnier than Seinfeld :laff:

You people man I swear :laff:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So now people can't think Martin (who was a top tier comedian) is funnier than Seinfeld :laff:

You people man I swear :laff:

Martin was never a top-tier comedian, breh... :beli:

He was never up there with the Pryors, Carlins, Chappelles, etc.

Also, what makes Seinfeld funny isn't Jerry Seinfeld. By himself, he's not that funny, and his standup routines on the show aren't really funny, either, but that's part of the point. It's a show about the awkward situations these people find themselves in- a true "sitcom," as opposed to one of those shows where you just wait for the characters to do their gimmicks or trademark. The writing is the core of the show.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Martin was never a top-tier comedian, breh... :beli:

He was never up there with the Pryors, Carlins, Chappelles, etc.
DC bias on that one for me.

Also, what makes Seinfeld funny isn't Jerry Seinfeld. By himself, he's not that funny, and his standup routines on the show aren't really funny, either, but that's part of the point. It's a show about the awkward situations these people find themselves in- a true "sitcom," as opposed to one of those shows where you just wait for the characters to do their gimmicks or trademark. The writing is the core of the show.
I've watched alot of the show, I get it, understand it, and processed what it was about. Thing is I watch those types of shows to laugh moreso than think. I'd say from the 90s: Married w/ Children, Martin, Larry Sanders, The Simpsons even Fresh Prince all had me in tears almost every episode while Seinfeld would leave me :obama: most of the time. I think the writing on the show was excellent, the Dinner Party ep was too :wow: but there were funnier shows going on at the time to me that's just the way I see it.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
DC bias on that one for me.

I've watched alot of the show, I get it, understand it, and processed what it was about. Thing is I watch those types of shows to laugh moreso than think. I'd say from the 90s: Married w/ Children, Martin, Larry Sanders, The Simpsons even Fresh Prince all had me in tears almost every episode while Seinfeld would leave me :obama: most of the time. I think the writing on the show was excellent, the Dinner Party ep was too :wow: but there were funnier shows going on at the time to me that's just the way I see it.

Fair enough. We all have our preferences. It's just fun to argue about them.

pbconnect

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Seinfeid is that show where you won't buss out laughing out loud hard to yourself like some scenes in Martin or Jamie Fox or Wayans Bros. because hey, you can related more to those shows if you're black......BUT......pretty much every scene in Seinfeld was funny.....you'll have a smirk on your face every episode.....you probably won't ever say "oh thats corny" like other comedies.....

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
So Im upto watching season 3 now and I can honestly say that I have only laughed like three times so far.

What do people see in this sitcom? Sh1t is just not funny :beli:

Im not really aware of Jerry Seinfeld's stand up work but dude is a terrible actor. Probably one of the worst Ive ever seen. He is expressionless and has the same look on his face throughout every episode.

George and Kramer have been saving the show and are the only reasons why Im still tolerating it. For how long I dont know.

And what is up with black folks calling this the GOAT white comedy sitcom. Really? :what:

Frasier, That 70s show, King of Queens>>>>>>>> :mj:

Here is me hoping that the show will get better from here on :smugdraper:

the show aint become a hit until season 4