Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjpls:

just stop it... you put fraiser in the same level as seinfeld.. :comeon:
and only watched 3 sesons on seinfeld..:comeon:
your opinion is invalid.

Apart from one poster, no one else gave me the impression that the show gets better from season 3 onwards :wow:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I don't know what to say to the first page. Seinfeld has almost had me in tears sometimes...when I first saw the Soup Nazi, the JFK spit episode via Kramer recounting it, Teri Hatcher's titties being real or not, The Contest, Elaine and her shyt, Kramer in GENERAL, George was wild....just alot of crazy shyt that is just too good. There's no way you can say Seinfeld wasn't nearly the greatest damn thing of the 90s at one point.

Spenceful

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what to say to the first page. Seinfeld has almost had me in tears sometimes...when I first saw the Soup Nazi, the JFK spit episode via Kramer recounting it, Teri Hatcher's titties being real or not, The Contest, Elaine and her shyt, Kramer in GENERAL, George was wild....just alot of crazy shyt that is just too good. There's no way you can say Seinfeld wasn't nearly the greatest damn thing of the 90s at one point.

I havent seen any of the episodes that you have mentioned.

Here is me hoping that the best of Seinfeld is yet to come :ld:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Let's not bring down Martin to big up Seinfeld, despite the sometimes obvious humor, Martin is one of the funniest sitcoms of all time and belongs in that same class.
Nah, not in the same class IMO. Almost nothing is up there with Seinfeld to be honest.

Seinfeld's humor is in the subtlety of awkward situations in everyday life. That's why it was called the "show about nothing." There are no grand plot arcs. It's detail-oriented.

Weak shows that involve overacting, lots of screaming, predictable plots, endless toilet humor and exaggerated slapstick (like Martin) are what most people are used to, unfortunately. If that's your thing, though, you probably won't be able to appreciate Seinfeld.
This quote pretty much sums up what I have been telling people who I have encountered and don't like Seinfeld...I also notice that you are reppin' NYC...that further strengthens my stance on this whole shyt.

I have had this debate with people in the past about Seinfeld and I always give people who never really lived in a big up north city a pass because they just simply cannot relate to the situations those characters were in on a daily basis. I can relate, many people in this thread who live up north in a large city can relate and that's what makes it hilarious.

How is someone who grew up in a suburban setting or southern city going to relate to the parking situations that have come up in Seinfeld before? The subway stories, KRAMER, The fast paced lifestyle that only those in New York can relate to. How is someone not from a big city going to relate when Kramer/Elaine wanted to get a Gyro from the stand before the train closed the doors and left the station? There are countless others and Seinfeld does not try to force you into laughing...you either relate and laugh about it...or not.

To be fair Curb your Enthusiasm does a better job at relating to more people. Thats why you find many who could not relate to Seinfeld love CYE. I love both...I have lived in both settings. Larry David is a genius when it comes to all this shyt and CYE has a much more broad appeal due to the fact that its topics are things almost everyone can relate to.

Fraiser breh? REALLY? :comeon:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
If you didnt like those 3 seasons I doubt youll like the rest... but id still watch season 7 for classics like "the soup nazi"... if you dont like that episode then dont bother watching the rest :mjpls:
He wont find it funny, he is expecting some off the wall forced comedy shyt.

Seinfeld is not about that at all.