Seinfeld= Overrated

DopeMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Where the hood Where the hood Where the hood at
I would expect someone named Spenceful not like Seinfeld. To be honest Seinfeld is heavily based on the social norms and fallacies of the 90s. It was and still is funny because it was heavily relatable. Thats what makes great comedy. Being able to relate. The ability to all laugh at our social fallacies. King of Queens is corny, Frasier I never watched, Martin is contrived. That 70s Show was awesome but not on Seinfeld's level. Nothing could really top Seinfeld sitcom wise. It was one of the few innovations entertainment wise of that time and now. Every major TV magazine has rated it highly and the ratings spoke for itself. If you dont like it, then thats fine because not everyone is a fan. Its boring to most, but to call it overrated is pretty reaching and I only think you even said that as an inflammatory comment to get more views/have your opinion be known and seen.

Your seriously missing out on Frasier b. You need to check out the first season. Its on a whole different level to Seinfeld. Pure comedy gold.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seinfeld's humor is in the subtlety of awkward situations in everyday life. That's why it was called the "show about nothing." There are no grand plot arcs. It's detail-oriented.

Weak shows that involve overacting, lots of screaming, predictable plots, endless toilet humor and exaggerated slapstick (like Martin) are what most people are used to, unfortunately. If that's your thing, though, you probably won't be able to appreciate Seinfeld.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I agree, and I gave it several tries myself.

And the thread just says its overrated, not that its trash.

Curb > by far in my opinion.

Its promoted as a sitcom about nothing, and thats what it is.

I hate when people try to act like you don't "get it" just because you don't think its thats funny... Like I said, its not terrible.. its just lightweight when it comes to comedy

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
lol at bringing up king of queens and saying its better than seinfeld
:laff:

Spenceful

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, and I gave it several tries myself.

And the thread just says its overrated, not that its trash.

Curb > by far in my opinion.

Its promoted as a sitcom about nothing, and thats what it is.

I hate when people try to act like you don't "get it" just because you don't think its thats funny... Like I said, its not terrible.. its just lightweight when it comes to comedy

Exactly. Im calling it overrated because I heard so much about how good this show was and three seasons in, I just dont see what the big deal is. It has been disappointing and largely unfunny so far.

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
If you don't like Seinfeld or don't understand it is fine.

But saying something as stupid as FRASIER is better than it, is the dumbest fukking thing I have ever heard.

Spenceful

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't like Seinfeld or don't understand it is fine.

But saying something as stupid as FRASIER is better than it, is the dumbest fukking thing I have ever heard.

Frasier used to shyt on Seinfeld breh. As soon as Frasier went on air, Seinfeld won no more Emmys. lol

It has won 36 primetime emmy awards in total. Thats a record breh

However, something is wrong if I say that its better than seinfeld? Now thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard

Spenceful

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seinfeld's humor is in the subtlety of awkward situations in everyday life. That's why it was called the "show about nothing." There are no grand plot arcs. It's detail-oriented.

Weak shows that involve overacting, lots of screaming, predictable plots, endless toilet humor and exaggerated slapstick (like Martin) are what most people are used to, unfortunately. If that's your thing, though, you probably won't be able to appreciate Seinfeld.

There is nothing clever about Seinfeld b

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Let's not bring down Martin to big up Seinfeld, despite the sometimes obvious humor, Martin is one of the funniest sitcoms of all time and belongs in that same class.