Sega, IO Interactive, Bungie & more were acquisition targets for Microsoft in 2021 (emails leaked claiming to ‘spend’ Sony out of business)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Man M$ got these boys confused.

"There is no financial incentive to make these games exclusive!"

Proceeds to make ZeniMax games exclusive

"A competing and healthy Xbox is great for the industry!"

Proceeds to buy up everything available to become "competitive"
:jbhmm:
No. You twist words to make up your own dumb ass story instead of responding to what was said

I specifically talked about industry analyst conclusions about Activision games, and how the CMA themselves also concluded there is no competition risk in microsoft owning those IP.

You: Proceeds to talk about zenimax games :ehh:

And yes anyone who’s actually looked at the numbers and deals proposed thinks the deal will be good for consumers.

Literally the only people against it at this point is you sony stans on the internet :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No. You twist words to make up your own dumb ass story instead of responding to what was said

I specifically talked about industry analyst conclusions about Activision games, and how the CMA themselves also concluded there is no competition risk in microsoft owning those IP.

You: Proceeds to talk about zenimax games :ehh:

And yes anyone who’s actually looked at the numbers and deals proposed thinks the deal will be good for consumers.

[/URL]

Literally the only people against it at this point is you sony stans on the internet :wow:
Did you really post a paywalled article written by 1 man as proof that "everyone agrees with you"

Damn, I don't have a response. You got me

:hubie:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did you really post a paywalled article written by 1 man as proof that "everyone agrees with you"

Damn, I don't have a response. You got me

:hubie:

The people tasked with protecting consumers and competition agree with me.

You got @Gizmo_Duck :francis:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I am all in on gamepass, but I think industry consolidation is a dangerous game. We've seen the damage that the big 4 movie studios have done to the entertainment industry, and you don't want that in video games.
It's over saturated (movie) while the gaming industry is providing less and less variety. Gamepass is bringing light to the games the sheep ignore (unless massively hyped by the industry as a whole)

It's why people say Sony only cares about movie games, all other genres are secondary but imo they are just as if not more important

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Before that email I wasn't seeing anything Sony had that was going to sway much, with that I think any possibility of getting it approved is dead

That shows monopolistic practice in plain text. You can say Sony planned for the same with their deals etc but you don't any proof Sony is specifically trying to put MS out of business

Not only is this merger dead imo, acquisitions MS tries to make going forward are going to be potentially flagged. MS has got to be pissed that got out

Also, just to clarify… Its not Sony VS Microsoft in court, its the FTC VS Microsoft. Sony isn’t really fighting in court for anything. Outside of a deposition video from jim ryan

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Man this is crazy how M$ doing all this spending to bury sony but have all this money and wont CREATE their own games for their own platform :what:
man the future is gonna suck if they're allowed to own all these game studios.... :snoop: where's the fukking games... they just buying shyt to be petty against sony...

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Different deal with different goals.

You guys try to take one thing out of context to build your own narrative.

If you are gonna use that email of evidence of anything. You gotta use the entire email. He’s clearly not talking about activision or even acquisitions.

He’s talking about moneyhats. And he’s not even saying they WILL do it. He’s saying they COULD do it, and They clearly decided against that strategy when they decided to purchase activison and keep their games multiplat.

Why y’all keep dating games. It’s only COD and that’s only because they think it will help the deal pass. Plus you ignoring the zenimax acquisition where all the games became exclusive.