Sega, IO Interactive, Bungie & more were acquisition targets for Microsoft in 2021 (emails leaked claiming to ‘spend’ Sony out of business)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And, hmmm…I wonder what turned Bungie away from them.:jbhmm: Likely that Bungie demanded to maintain producing across all platforms. If ho ass MS bought them guaranteed they would have forced Marathon to be Xbox only.

FUKK MS.

they learned the first time that they would be a Halo only factory and thankfully had language in their agreement that allowed them to bow out. why go back again? :skip:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don't really know how any one can read the emails and be comfortable with the way Microsoft conducts its business. Just taking gaming out of the equation. It reflects what is wrong in the world.

On the back of their claims of being able to spend Sony out of business they say the following "If we think that video game content matters in 10 years, we might look back and say 'Totally would have been worth it to lose $2b or $3b to avoid a situation where Tencent, Google, Amazon or even Sony have become the Disney of games and own most of the valuable content".

It is fukked up that powerhouse companies are at liberty to just observe industries from the outside and then throw around their weight to gain control in the event that shows promise.

I want to be clear and say the fault isn't just with Mircrosoft on this one. We live in a world where more and more industries are becoming centralised. It is effectively impossible for new players to enter the game (no pun intended) because the big dogs will drive them out the moment they see there's money to be made.

An example outside the gaming industry is Muzmatch. Match offered to buy the company out for 15 million, when they wouldn't sell they took them to court claiming the name was too similar to their brand and somehow won. Now the company owes them millions in legal fees.

I'm surprised that so many people are short sighted on this issue. I naively thought people were growing wary of these big companies expanding their reach. I thought that alarm bells would ring that if they're willing to sacrifice so much now, it is because they expect and even greater reward in the future and that that reward will come at the expense of consumers once they have complete control of the market.

:francis:
It’s clear everyone in the industry is buying stuff up.

Right in the email you quoted it’s microsft talking about getting left behind cause everyone else is buying stuff.

You think they shoulda just sat on their hands while “Tencent, Google, Amazon or even Sony have become the Disney of games and own most of the valuable content"???

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just stop it with all the faking. Nothing you can say will change the fact that you're a delusional liar who can't support the claims he makes.
:hubie:

You got me
The fact I told you is a lie because I prove you with references and sources :mjlol:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Act like Sony isn't a big company brehs
Act like sony hasn't been throwing their weight around.
MS is just in a different weight class
And for decades they haven't even been swing at full force
Act like a fukking retard breh.

You undermined the entirety of your post with "Microsoft is just in a different weight class".

That isn't some factor to just overlook you silly little tart. I stressed that Microsoft isn't the only entity to blame for these practices. However being the juggernaut that they are, in a "different weight class as you put it, the damages will be more profound. Naturally this will face greater criticism and scrutiny as it more rapidly bring about the undesirable outcomes.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Don't really know how any one can read the emails and be comfortable with the way Microsoft conducts its business. Just taking gaming out of the equation. It reflects what is wrong in the world.

On the back of their claims of being able to spend Sony out of business they say the following "If we think that video game content matters in 10 years, we might look back and say 'Totally would have been worth it to lose $2b or $3b to avoid a situation where Tencent, Google, Amazon or even Sony have become the Disney of games and own most of the valuable content".

It is fukked up that powerhouse companies are at liberty to just observe industries from the outside and then throw around their weight to gain control in the event that shows promise.

I want to be clear and say the fault isn't just with Mircrosoft on this one. We live in a world where more and more industries are becoming centralised. It is effectively impossible for new players to enter the game (no pun intended) because the big dogs will drive them out the moment they see there's money to be made.

An example outside the gaming industry is Muzmatch. Match offered to buy the company out for 15 million, when they wouldn't sell they took them to court claiming the name was too similar to their brand and somehow won. Now the company owes them millions in legal fees.

I'm surprised that so many people are short sighted on this issue. I naively thought people were growing wary of these big companies expanding their reach. I thought that alarm bells would ring that if they're willing to sacrifice so much now, it is because they expect and even greater reward in the future and that that reward will come at the expense of consumers once they have complete control of the market.

:francis:

All they care about is gamepass and console wars wins, they don’t really think much beyond that :sas2:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Notice how Matt Ass only said "spend Sony out of business". Not "develop anything of worth and compete with them to gain the upper hand". These niccas really wanted a monopoly controlled Microsoft thru big bank take lil bank, straight p*ssy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Notice how Matt Ass only said "spend Sony out of business". Not "develop anything of worth and compete with them to gain the upper hand". These niccas really wanted a monopoly controlled Microsoft thru big bank take lil bank, straight p*ssy

You see it. :sas1:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

This is who they are...Microsoft were sued by the government for being a monopoly. They don't out-create...they just buy up and push folks out of the industry.