Sega Genesis Is The GOAT And Most Durable System

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
this video actually supports everything that wacky has been saying across this thread and the dreamcast thread

SEGA Vs. Nintendo - YouTube

dope link.

this is further proof when they start talking bout Intelevision at the 2:00 mark.

these dudes don't understand the difference in the systems because its not meant for them to understand in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
7) You seriously comparing an in house studio to the multiplats sports titles of today? And I mentioned the N64 because it was the only other major system during that era and they had awful sports titles for the most part which reiterates my point that sports titles didn't truly,truly take off until the earlier 2000's. (features like franchise mode, online) I'm not even going to go into detail about the No Mercy being the only thing N64 had going. You poured jelly all on yourself with that one. Like someone said before, you are a niche gamer with bias who truly doesn't understand the wide scope of gaming

:dwillhuh:

seriously, what is this nikka talking about? :skip:

sit down and be quiet

nikka can't be serious with this bollocks

:laff:

nikkas weren't even fukking with you in the UK if you had a SNES and didn't have an NBA JAM...foh

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Only thing the Genesis had over SNES was sports games. SNES is the goat. My OG SNES still runs like a champ also.

Super PunchOut
Zelda
Super SFII Turbo Hyper Fighting
Donkey Kong Country
Tecmo Bowl

AdoraBlurz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
old video game consoles are like oldschool cars

they were just build to last and didn't have a bunch of cheap moving parts..

to keep it 100, after the Vita dropped and was basically able to create PS3 quality graphics on such a small cartridges i seriously expected PS4 games to have cartridges also.

I guess Blurays hold more space tho (someone correct me if my assumption is wrong)

:jawalrus: :ahh:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown:

ARE YOU REALLY THAT MUCH OF A DIKKHEAD!!??

I didn't make this thread because of no dam SNES argument. I made it because the other thread was about dreamcast, and I wanted to talk genesis.

and dude didn't set me str8. he misunderstood what I was saying and ran with it......then he got called out for it by multiple people. meanwhile, youre still in the dark and still misquoting me.

yes, I am beginning to get bent out of shape when your weird ass follows me in here, continues to misquote me and tell me why I made the thread. and then when you get shut down, you go right back to repeating the same bullchit. and I see that you completely ignored dude that just shut you down a few posts ago. I guess you don't have a man-crush on him.:hmm:

nobody fell for a marketing ploy. I didn't even take note of the marketing ploy until after I took note of the fact that there were multiple cultures of gaming - which you still don't understand 20 years later. even without the marketing the results would still be the same. YOU WERE JUST OUT OF THE LOOP AND YOU STILL ARE.

yes, I dapped up the mutant league comment. the difference is, dude isn't a dikkhead. hes not up here trying to compare the mutant league to Montana football. thats the dumb chit that YOU do.......and again, as far as N64 goes, it doesn't matter if you think their sports games were wack or not because most people that were really into sports games weren't f*ckin wit the N64 anyway. I said this already. what don't you understand? it doesn't matter if N64 was the only other system at the time. playstation provided more than enough alternatives, and dreamcast came out less than 2 years after the N64.

and if im a niche gamer, then what does that make you? super-niche? now go on and address the other dude that crushed your buildings, before I start to think that youre trying to f*ck me.

Blah Blah Blah more feminine rambling novels. You don't like how I call it them tough shyt. Its the coli. Why are you crying to dude to save you? "bu...bu....bu....but hey said something too! Go reply to him!" ass nikka. Don't worry about other people. Worry about how I am addressing you. But its obvious you are having a breakdown everytime you see a notification from me so I will fall back and address

Stop speaking on shyt u don't know breh :snoop:

Genesis was the more mature system cuz of the games, just like ps1.

It wasnt the game market, that prevented 64 from having sports games.

You keep ignoring the fact, NHL and Madden were big time, multi-plat sports titles in the 16-bit era

Sports games were hugely popular in the 90s

You keep ignoring how much sports games were selling on the PS1 and driving Sony sales. Madden and NFL gameday sold 1.5 million coppies each in the same year.

Franchise mode has been in games since NES.

Oh and Sega sports wasn't some small in house studio, THEY WERE 2K. They didn't just come out of nowhere in 2000.

If u weren't around then, just don't speak on it :dahell:

And after all this tit for tat not one person can name a specific reason as to how the genesis was more mature. Why? Because they got various b level sports figures for licensing of mediocre games? Because Sega said so? I guess you believe every advertisement claim. You probably at home watching a KFC commercial like "professor oglesby really ate the bones" :ohh: Both systems were equal with the graphical edge to SNES. As far as the sports things go, ppl in those days were not buying systems for sports. They were not the phenomenon they are today with more complete modes(lol@comparing franchise then to now) and online multiplayer. Like I said, it may be different for you, but I am talking about the broader general public. And I owned a Sega. Not a SNES. I knew about the titles that sega was publishing. And they were all trash out side of World Series baseball. They were a small first party company until sega folded. Dont even know what point you are trying to make with that last statement.

:dwillhuh:

seriously, what is this nikka talking about? :skip:

sit down and be quiet

nikka can't be serious with this bollocks

nikkas weren't even fukking with you in the UK if you had a SNES and didn't have an NBA JAM...foh

Bollocks? Keep that euro lingo across the pond. I could give a fukk what anyone in the UK was doing. This is a discussion about the states

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bollocks? Keep that euro lingo across the pond. I could give a fukk what anyone in the UK was doing. This is a discussion about the states

keep that euro lingo across the pond ey? remember what language you're using to type out that post :mjpls:

where did that language come from? ye sitdown and be quiet dullard :win:

and this discussion is about popularity, and that's a universal topic :sadbron:

:umad:

Nas-taking-an-L.gif

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOAT Genesis intro..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttlqO_vlUwA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttlqO_vlUwA[/ame]

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Mine still works :blessed:

I like to play this sometimes:

Ecco-cover.jpg

GOAT fukking game breh. Very underated. The 360 version was :scusthov: though

But the Sega version was :noah: :wow:

I remember playing it as a kid and there's a level where u swimming all the way to the left in open deep water and out of nowhere u hit a giant fukking blue whale. shyt scared me breh :to:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Genesis was only better if you were primarily played sports games. SNES killed them in everything else.

Seeing as how i cant see anyone wanting to play Live 95 or World Series Baseball now, the SNES has stood the test of time better.

Phantasy star IV >>>> Any FF on nintendo

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Phantasy star IV >>>> Any FF on nintendo

But was Phantasy Star IV enough to make up for not having FF4, 5 and 6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Lufia 1 and 2, Earthbound, Ogre Battle, and Breath of Fire 1 and 2?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
But was Phantasy Star IV enough to make up for not having FF4, 5 and 6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and Breath of Fire 1 and 2?

Im not saying genesis >>> im saying Phantasy Star IV was better then ANY RPG Nintendo had. Even Shinning Force 2 shyt on alot of Nintendo's RPG's. I had both systems and got to enjoy them both instead of having to choose one as my favorite and then argue about it on the internet 20 years later :manny:

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
As far as the sports things go, ppl in those days were not buying systems for sports. They were not the phenomenon they are today with more complete modes(lol@comparing franchise then to now) and online multiplayer. Like I said, it may be different for you, but I am talking about the broader general public. And I owned a Sega. Not a SNES. I knew about the titles that sega was publishing. And they were all trash out side of World Series baseball. They were a small first party company until sega folded. Dont even know what point you are trying to make with that last statement.

Just stop son........ u obviously have no idea what the broader general public wanted back then cuz u were runnin around with ur diaper hangin off ur ass and/or had no friends

There are multiple people here tellin u what the public wanted and not 1 person supporting ur claim. I even gave u numbers of what u called the worst era for sports games 64/ps1 with 2 sim football games selling 1.5 mill each in 1 year. That doesn't even include blitz which sold 1.5 mill that year

That's 4.5 million football games sold in 1 year u stupid fukk... Fall back, u don't know wut ur talkin about

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Just stop son........ u obviously have no idea what the broader general public wanted back then cuz u were runnin around with ur diaper hangin off ur ass and/or had no friends

There are multiple people here tellin u what the public wanted and not 1 person supporting ur claim. I even gave u numbers of what u called the worst era for sports games 64/ps1 with 2 sim football games selling 1.5 mill each in 1 year. That doesn't even include blitz which sold 1.5 mill that year

That's 4.5 million football games sold in 1 year u stupid fukk... Fall back, u don't know wut ur talkin about

:katt: Breh are you lacking comprehension or just dumb? What part of THEY WERE NOT SYSTEM SELLERS IN THAT ERA DONT YOU GET? Multiple ppl :russ: Its just you and a known troll. Mentioning sales. So what? 2k13 sold 5 mil with a higher price tag in a time where video game sales are at an all time low. Kind of validates my OP huh? So stop sitting here going on and on about them because they were not fukking with the platformers, fighting, or RPGs back in that time

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
keep that euro lingo across the pond ey? remember what language you're using to type out that post :mjpls:

where did that language come from? ye sitdown and be quiet dullard :win:

and this discussion is about popularity, and that's a universal topic :sadbron:

:umad:

Nas-taking-an-L.gif

Technically, English comes from the old Germanic/Norse/Viking tribes but this isn't History. :troll: Point is get your "I'm cool, I'm down let me mention NBA JAM to fit it" face ass outta here knowing damn well it was actually fifa or some other soccer game. And PS just because you add a gif doesn't make your post any funnier