Sega Genesis Is The GOAT And Most Durable System

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Not true

I remember all my friends older brothers that were in high school only playin sports games. RPGs were more nerd shyt for older kids

Even when I was young we would play NHL, Live, baseball and Madden all the time on genesis n snes. The games were really good for the time, there are TONS of memorable sports games from that era. Every time u chilled with a homie u played sports games (damn near everyday as a youngin unless u were a loser) n u had the most epic battles in history happen in ur living room

u just don't remember wut was hot with the older kids cuz u were young. Sports franchises like madden were so big and selling so well, other franchises were trying to get at that money and making damn good games

Sega NFL 95 football commercial with Joe Montana - YouTube

:obama:

thats what I tried to tell the bul.

XBOX 360 is a much better system than the Sega Genesis

here are the facts..

the XBOX 360 has better graphics, Can play DVDs, CD players, import your own music, online play, can go on youtube and facebook, ect

all that is cool, but your main concern should be the games. not going on facebook.

and of course the graphics a better. theres darn near a 20 year gap between the debuts of these systems.

you really wanna bring up 360 in a thread about DURABILITY? :comeon:

are you saying that my 360 is gonna break soon?:damn:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
:obama:

all that is cool, but your main concern should be the games. not going on facebook.

and of course the graphics a better. theres darn near a 20 year gap between the debuts of these systems.

what i'm saying is that videos games is different from movies and music.

I dont see a problem with nikkaz saying Rakim is the best or Boyz N the Hood is the best movie or someshyt like that but video games is the shyt that truely gets better down the line.

u can sit there and playing NBA Live 95 and say "yeah... this is better than NBA 2k13" :shaq2:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ur seriously in here implying that the Genesis version of street fighter is better than the SNES versions?...come on son...that's like me sayin the SNES version of MK1 is better than the Genesis one...Special Champion Edition was literally the ONLY great Street Fighter port on the whole system considering Sega didn't even get the original Street Fighter 2 and SSF2 was trash compared to the SNES...and this is a fact...SNES was even able to play SFA2 while PS1 and Saturn was runnin shyt...Genesis was done by then...

The SNES version of MK1 was better than the Genesis version, though. Sprites were bigger and more detailed, animations were very close to their arcade counterparts, and the sound on the SNES killed the Genesis. Lack of blood didn't bother me at all. :yeshrug: The "fatalities" were weak as fukk tho.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
33lpgs9.jpg.gif

one of the hardest games ever too

:russ: i did not no what the fuk i was doing in this game

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
what i'm saying is that videos games is different from movies and music.

I dont see a problem with nikkaz saying Rakim is the best or Boyz N the Hood is the best movie or someshyt like that but video games is the shyt that truely gets better down the line.

u can sit there and playing NBA Live 95 and say "yeah... this is better than NBA 2k13" :shaq2:

well thats not a good example when arguing with @Wacky D, seeing how I feel that 2K is the goat basketball franchise.

i'll put it to you like this:
the ea sports bball games on genesis >>>>> the majority of ea sports bball games in the 2000s

quick question. no right or wrong answer:
do you ask these same questions when you see the magazines & such crowning games like the 8-bit Mario joints as goat contenders? im just asking to see if you are singling out the sports games, cuz somebody was in here doing that yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The SNES version of MK1 was better than the Genesis version, though. Sprites were bigger and more detailed, animations were very close to their arcade counterparts, and the sound on the SNES killed the Genesis. Lack of blood didn't bother me at all. :yeshrug: The "fatalities" were weak as fukk tho.

Nah it wasnt...Sega gets props for the first MK...SNES shytted on Sega for every single one released after tho...

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
Because the Flash memory they would use for games would be WAY too expensive than say the flash memory you use in your cellphone or in a thumb drive. When you're playing a game and it has auto save on, the card is always being flashed, and most have a life between 10k-100k. That seems like a lot but if you do the math, you want your game cartridge to last a life time like Nintendo cartridges last right, well an SD used for games would last you about a year if you play the shyt out of the game. The Flash in solid state drives is WAY WAY WAY more reliable and is built to last longer than the other hardware, but its stupid expensive.

what about usb sticks?

how long do they last if you're constantly gaming on them?

:ohhh:

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
Ur seriously in here implying that the Genesis version of street fighter is better than the SNES versions?...come on son...that's like me sayin the SNES version of MK1 is better than the Genesis one...Special Champion Edition was literally the ONLY great Street Fighter port on the whole system considering Sega didn't even get the original Street Fighter 2 and SSF2 was trash compared to the SNES...and this is a fact...SNES was even able to play SFA2 while PS1 and Saturn was runnin shyt...Genesis was done by then...

Not really... To b honest there isnt a huge difference between the 2, they're almost identical. Sega got the same first street fighter 2 as snes and SSF2 is also almost the same. Just look at the intro comparison video of both Supers in my first post, the snes 1 is missing animations n shyt. In Ryu's stage the snes is missing the moon, while Sega has it and bats flying around. The genesis actually says "round 1 fight" snes doesn't, but hey snes must be a better port cuz u say so rite?!

Overall, the proof is in the pros. Everybody that was a legit SFII player back then fukked with the genesis version mostly cuz of the controller and smoother/quicker gameplay not anything else since they are almost the same

Even Nintendo themselves know this:

Last Friday, the classic Genesis version of Super Street Fighter II was released on the Wii’s virtual console. The game is a strict port in every way but one: online play. This is easily one of the most significant Wii fighting game releases since Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. If you have a Wii and want to relive the golden days of fighting games, pick it up!

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
well thats not a good example when arguing with @Wacky D, seeing how I feel that 2K is the goat basketball franchise.

i'll put it to you like this:
the ea sports bball games on genesis >>>>> the majority of ea sports bball games in the 2000s

quick question. no right or wrong answer:
do you ask these same questions when you see the magazines & such crowning games like the 8-bit Mario joints as goat contenders? im just asking to see if you are singling out the sports games, cuz somebody was in here doing that yesterday.

i'm just saying these these old systems aint got NOTHING on these new ones besides of the fact that they came out first and to people to sit here with this "sweet memories" bullshyt.

the Xbox 360 can download a lot of the old Sega Genesis games from the Marketplace so there goes the myth of the Genesis having better games :pachaha:

a lot of the Genesis games have no storyline and NONE have online play. There are just 2D games with shytty graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Not really... To b honest there isnt a huge difference between the 2, they're almost identical. Sega got the same first street fighter 2 as snes and SSF2 is also almost the same. Just look at the intro comparison video of both Supers in my first post, the snes 1 is missing animations n shyt. In Ryu's stage the snes is missing the moon, while Sega has it and bats flying around. The genesis actually says "round 1 fight" snes doesn't, but hey snes must be a better port cuz u say so rite?!

Overall, the proof is in the pros. Everybody that was a legit SFII player back then fukked with the genesis version mostly cuz of the controller and smoother/quicker gameplay not anything else since they are almost the same

Even Nintendo themselves know this:
aight check it..that's one stage compared to a bunch of others which were the opposite..I had both versions..I know the differences..and like I said...Special Champion Edition was the BEST SF to hit the Sega...paid 83 bucks for it when it came out..great game....but that's where the line is drawn fam...and check it..

Street Fighter 2 Turbo/Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Comparison: SNES Vs Genesis Vs TG-16

and THIS is an artical on Super Street Fighter 2 from back in 94
Head to Head-Super Street Fighter II

like I said..I owned the games fam...to some it may be preference..but most preferred the polish of the SNES version of the games...literally the only thing the Genesis version of SSF2 had better was speed and this is from owning the games..