Sega Genesis Is The GOAT And Most Durable System

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yea we always rocked both, cuz sumtimes only the snes was available. I remember my friends older brother had Montana '94 n when we played that we thought it shyt all over Madden. Played it everytime he was ghost.... Deion Sanders prime time football was my favorite year of Sega football tho. Rented it at blockbuster when it came out n ended up buyin it

Went back to Madden on ps1 although we played more basketball on ps1 than football. The non-madden football games like QB club sucked

Then 2k dropped n crushed the buildings till EA got that exclusivity n I had to crawl back to madden again lol

I used to get the Montana games and my cousin used to get the maddens.:cool: madden '96 is the only madden joint I have on sega. i did have bill walsh college football tho. that game was kinda hard. but yea, it was like they were running in slow-motion on madden in comparison to the Montana games. plus the jukes were way better, as well as the detail. they were also the first ones using real rosters for all the teams, and then the 1st ones to let you make trades. now that i think about it, the Montana games were kind of superior until like '95-96.

they had QB club on playstation? i don't remember that. i remember a lot of people rocked with 989 sports on playstation tho. nfl gameday & ncaa gamebreakers. i stuck with the madden/ncaa football combo tho......sidenote: i rocked with nba shootout almost as much as nba live. whatever happened to 989?

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
let me harp on the durability first.

genesis has to be the most durable system ever. it still works perfectly after 20 years. and the crazy thing is, its still in my folks basement and its sitting out as if people play it regularly but it rarely touched and it collects a bunch of dust. yet it still plays like a champ. matter fact, I'll prolly go play it tomorrow. might start a season or 2. its the 20th anniversary for me. yes.

Nuff respect due!

I wish I still had mine,sh!t I might have to hunt around for one :to:

And I'd like to give a special shout out to Alex Kidd on the master system (completed it online last year for the first time) god bless online roms

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
I used to get the Montana games and my cousin used to get the maddens.:cool: madden '96 is the only madden joint I have on sega. i did have bill walsh college football tho. that game was kinda hard. but yea, it was like they were running in slow-motion on madden in comparison to the Montana games. plus the jukes were way better, as well as the detail. they were also the first ones using real rosters for all the teams, and then the 1st ones to let you make trades. now that i think about it, the Montana games were kind of superior until like '95-96.

they had QB club on playstation? i don't remember that. i remember a lot of people rocked with 989 sports on playstation tho. nfl gameday & ncaa gamebreakers. i stuck with the madden/ncaa football combo tho......sidenote: i rocked with nba shootout almost as much as nba live. whatever happened to 989?

Yea I meant gameday, I never really played that tho cuz i thought all the non-madden games were wack in that era

But we mostly fukked with NBA shootout too! That shyt was so realistic :russ: I remember when we noticed Rodmans hair would change color we were like :krs:

Montana football was mad innovative just like Sega in general... First football game with sliders, announcing, looking off receivers and different camera angles among other things prolly. Looking back, they were a step ahead of Madden every year.

I remember all my friends older bros who were actually playin football (we were still in elementary) preferred Montana, that's when I first thought it must be legit lol I prolly played Madden 94 more than any other game with my homie but that's only cuz we couldn't play the genesis when his bro was home and he rarely brought it over to my place cuz he didnt wanna get his ass whooped :pachaha:

I'm seein alotta people online who consider Montana 94 the best 16-bit football game :leon:

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Mutant league hockey was piff. That theme song on the surround the bass shaking the windows n chit. :ohlawd:

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man i just dusted off my genesis and hooked it back up and it still worked

madden 95, tmnt tournament fighters, eternal champions :stylin:

Sonic :ohhh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yea I meant gameday, I never really played that tho cuz i thought all the non-madden games were wack in that era

But we mostly fukked with NBA shootout too! That shyt was so realistic :russ: I remember when we noticed Rodmans hair would change color we were like :krs:

Montana football was mad innovative just like Sega in general... First football game with sliders, announcing, looking off receivers and different camera angles among other things prolly. Looking back, they were a step ahead of Madden every year.

I remember all my friends older bros who were actually playin football (we were still in elementary) preferred Montana, that's when I first thought it must be legit lol I prolly played Madden 94 more than any other game with my homie but that's only cuz we couldn't play the genesis when his bro was home and he rarely brought it over to my place cuz he didnt wanna get his ass whooped :pachaha:

I'm seein alotta people online who consider Montana 94 the best 16-bit football game :leon:

nba shootout. the forgotten classic.

yea, Montana 94 is the goat 16-bit football game. i'll even throw its name in the hat and nominate it for goat contention for all platforms. it has to be in the top 5 at least.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
@gangstarr

who you run with on those Montana games?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I remember fukkin with the seahawks lmao

Just cuz their qb had the best speed rating n I was makin Vick moves out there :win:

lol. who was their quarterback? I cant even remember. don't tell me it was that rick mirer cat.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I don't know about yall, but I was rockin moreso with the Montana football joints thru most of the genesis era. then I made the switch to madden at the end, and then rode wit it from then on out. to this day.

images

220px-NFL_Football_'94_Starring_Joe_Montana_Cover.jpg

220px-NFL_'95_Coverart.png

also, gotta shout out "super high impact". it was the game the probably solidified my dad's purchase of the genesis. also, its one of the better pseudo-sports games ive ever played.....yet, its kinda forgotten. lol. I forgot they had an Africa team.

images

Super High Impact-(Genesis)- Gameplay Part 1 - YouTube

i ran wit the chiefs in sports talk 94 lmao use to run in circles around the whole field and still score

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i ran wit the chiefs in sports talk 94 lmao use to run in circles around the whole field and still score

that game was fast as hell.

the spin moves........:ohlawd:

i can't even remember breh... I just remember dude was quick

I rocked with the bills the most on all the Montana games.

my favorite football team ever.

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
33lpgs9.jpg.gif

one of the hardest games ever too

I remember not beating this game as a kid and it still has me :whoo: now that I just bought the 360 sega collection

I bought the collection just for Shining Force 1 and 2 alone but I also got unfinished business with Ecco. I also want to beat Altered Beast because I used to get scared watching that game at the arcade.

I liked Sega because of the sports games and I remember playing the NBA games the most. Live 95 was one of my favorites. I also liked the Montana football games. My neighbor had a super nintendo so i got to play most of the good games on that but never was a master at Super Mario World which I sort of envied them for at the time. They loved coming over to play Sonic 2 and 3 and some other games. Madden was also really fun on both systems.