Sega Genesis Is The GOAT And Most Durable System

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this video actually supports everything that wacky has been saying across this thread and the dreamcast thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
what about usb sticks?

how long do they last if you're constantly gaming on them?

:ohhh:

the same. USB sticks are some of the cheapest. Writing to the card just wears it out, every autosave counts. 10k-100k

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Why the fukk is Streets of Rage 3 so god damn expensive!?It was the worst one.

1303229-roo.jpg
:lawd:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i'm just saying these these old systems aint got NOTHING on these new ones besides of the fact that they came out first and to people to sit here with this "sweet memories" bullshyt.

the Xbox 360 can download a lot of the old Sega Genesis games from the Marketplace so there goes the myth of the Genesis having better games :pachaha:

a lot of the Genesis games have no storyline and NONE have online play. There are just 2D games with shytty graphics.

nobody is dwelling on sweet memories. youre just dismissing everything that came before you. like i said, when you asked about basketball, i said that the 2k series is the goat. but i also said that i'll take the ea sports genesis joints over most of the nba lives that dropped in the 2000s. i say this as someone that lived thru this and played just about all of these games in real-time. sometimes you just have to be there in order to fully understand something.

no storylines?

lol @ chitty graphics. these were the goat graphics at one time.....for years actually.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
really tho, this isn't much of a hip-hop forum anymore.

have you seen the booth these days?

yes.

even the pseudo-sports games were gully.

1.) stop hiding your hands. you came in here talkin chit, claiming that I got sonned and that I started this thread for some off-brand reason. bottom line: don't pop chit, then turn around and act innocent when the chit splatters all over your face. you come at my neck, im choppin yours off. its that simple.

2.) obviously, if you don't understand how the genesis was more mature, edgy, gully, etc etc than SNES by this point, then you never will. it has nothing to do with whatever the ratings were. people have actually broke it down in both this and the other thread. theres nothing left to say at this point.

3.) I don't know what a **** argument is. but if its of any relation to any of the silliness that you've been posting, then i'd rather not know at all.

4.) see [URL=http://www.the-coli.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL]

5.) see [URL=http://www.the-coli.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL]

6.) you can like what you like. but "super punchout" isn't even a sports game. the fact that youre even comparing that to holyfied is hilarious and just further proves my points and you don't even realize it, which is even more humorous.. are you going to compare "ready 2 rumble" to "knockout kings" next?

as for your last comment, its obvious that the genesis system just wasnt for you. it wasnt geared towards you and other gamers of your ilk. just leave it at that. and that's the beauty of that era. 2 legendary systems that had their own lanes but still inter-twined.

you don't even realize that sega sports and ea sports was going head up back in the day on some legendary chit. also, nobody cares about sports games being weak on N64. if you knew what you were speaking on, then you wouldn't even bother mentioning that system. playstation inherited the genesis crowd. and then sega got some followers back with dreamcast. off-top, the only tempting thing that the N64 had was that they had the best wrestling games. they had the goat wcw games and prolly the goat wwf game. all under THQ. but hey SNES held its own in the 16-bit wrestling wars as well.

Damn breh I step out and your writing full novel chapters.:katt: Talking shyt? I made one simple comment about how dude set your ass straight comparing the SNES to the Wii and how the SNES was superior to the genesis,which caused you to make this thread. Look at you, extra defensive and emotional. If he didn't son you why you get so bent out of shape? You look super feminine.

2) Thought you wanted to have a discussion about games? Terrible cop out. LOL@you buying their marketing hook, line and sinker. There was nothing imo that established Genesis hardware or software wise as the mature, adult console. I

3) See #1

4) See #1

4) See #1

6) You preachin up real sports games but the post above yours you dapped up mutant football. FOH

7) You seriously comparing an in house studio to the multiplats sports titles of today? And I mentioned the N64 because it was the only other major system during that era and they had awful sports titles for the most part which reiterates my point that sports titles didn't truly,truly take off until the earlier 2000's. (features like franchise mode, online) I'm not even going to go into detail about the No Mercy being the only thing N64 had going. You poured jelly all on yourself with that one. Like someone said before, you are a niche gamer with bias who truly doesn't understand the wide scope of gaming

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NO, i tried out my sega genesis today and IT DOESN'T WORK. one star.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Damn breh I step out and your writing full novel chapters.:katt: Talking shyt? I made one simple comment about how dude set your ass straight comparing the SNES to the Wii and how the SNES was superior to the genesis,which caused you to make this thread. Look at you, extra defensive and emotional. If he didn't son you why you get so bent out of shape? You look super feminine.

2) Thought you wanted to have a discussion about games? Terrible cop out. LOL@you buying their marketing hook, line and sinker. There was nothing imo that established Genesis hardware or software wise as the mature, adult console. I

3) See #1

4) See #1

4) See #1

6) You preachin up real sports games but the post above yours you dapped up mutant football. FOH

7) You seriously comparing an in house studio to the multiplats sports titles of today? And I mentioned the N64 because it was the only other major system during that era and they had awful sports titles for the most part which reiterates my point that sports titles didn't truly,truly take off until the earlier 2000's. (features like franchise mode, online) I'm not even going to go into detail about the No Mercy being the only thing N64 had going. You poured jelly all on yourself with that one. Like someone said before, you are a niche gamer with bias who truly doesn't understand the wide scope of gaming

:mindblown:

ARE YOU REALLY THAT MUCH OF A DIKKHEAD!!??

I didn't make this thread because of no dam SNES argument. I made it because the other thread was about dreamcast, and I wanted to talk genesis.

and dude didn't set me str8. he misunderstood what I was saying and ran with it......then he got called out for it by multiple people. meanwhile, youre still in the dark and still misquoting me.

yes, I am beginning to get bent out of shape when your weird ass follows me in here, continues to misquote me and tell me why I made the thread. and then when you get shut down, you go right back to repeating the same bullchit. and I see that you completely ignored dude that just shut you down a few posts ago. I guess you don't have a man-crush on him.:hmm:

nobody fell for a marketing ploy. I didn't even take note of the marketing ploy until after I took note of the fact that there were multiple cultures of gaming - which you still don't understand 20 years later. even without the marketing the results would still be the same. YOU WERE JUST OUT OF THE LOOP AND YOU STILL ARE.

yes, I dapped up the mutant league comment. the difference is, dude isn't a dikkhead. hes not up here trying to compare the mutant league to Montana football. thats the dumb chit that YOU do.......and again, as far as N64 goes, it doesn't matter if you think their sports games were wack or not because most people that were really into sports games weren't f*ckin wit the N64 anyway. I said this already. what don't you understand? it doesn't matter if N64 was the only other system at the time. playstation provided more than enough alternatives, and dreamcast came out less than 2 years after the N64.

and if im a niche gamer, then what does that make you? super-niche? now go on and address the other dude that crushed your buildings, before I start to think that youre trying to f*ck me.

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
aight check it..that's one stage compared to a bunch of others which were the opposite..I had both versions..I know the differences..and like I said...Special Champion Edition was the BEST SF to hit the Sega...paid 83 bucks for it when it came out..great game....but that's where the line is drawn fam...and check it..

Street Fighter 2 Turbo/Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Comparison: SNES Vs Genesis Vs TG-16

and THIS is an artical on Super Street Fighter 2 from back in 94
Head to Head-Super Street Fighter II

like I said..I owned the games fam...to some it may be preference..but most preferred the polish of the SNES version of the games...literally the only thing the Genesis version of SSF2 had better was speed and this is from owning the games..

I never said Genesis had better visuals, I said they were almost the same. SNES visuals weren't much better. And it says that in ur articles along with the pictures u can look at.

Sound is the only thing SNES does much better.

Like I said, pro players preferred to play it on Sega cuz of the speed and the controller

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps

Stop speaking on shyt u don't know breh :snoop:

Genesis was the more mature system cuz of the games, just like ps1.

It wasnt the game market, that prevented 64 from having sports games.

You keep ignoring the fact, NHL and Madden were big time, multi-plat sports titles in the 16-bit era

Sports games were hugely popular in the 90s

You keep ignoring how much sports games were selling on the PS1 and driving Sony sales. Madden and NFL gameday sold 1.5 million coppies each in the same year.

Franchise mode has been in games since NES.

Oh and Sega sports wasn't some small in house studio, THEY WERE 2K. They didn't just come out of nowhere in 2000.

If u weren't around then, just don't speak on it :dahell:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sports titles was the most fun games back then running throu my friends defense on madden with payton and the 85 bears :ahh: YOU CANT TACKLE HIM!YOU CANT TACKLE HIM.And the hockey.But i aint gonna lie i fukked with snes baseball games.I dont remember which but there was one me and my neighbor played all the fukking time.He always wanting to pick barry and the giants.Cheap motherfukker.But i been playing rbi baseball '94 on genesis lately and :wow: