Sega Genesis Is The GOAT And Most Durable System

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Technically, English comes from the old Germanic/Norse/Viking tribes but this isn't History. :troll: Point is get your "I'm cool, I'm down let me mention NBA JAM to fit it" face ass outta here knowing damn well it was actually fifa or some other soccer game. And PS just because you add a gif doesn't make your post any funnier

FIFA >>>> Any sport game though so :yeshrug:

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
:katt: Breh are you lacking comprehension or just dumb? What part of THEY WERE NOT SYSTEM SELLERS IN THAT ERA DONT YOU GET? Multiple ppl :russ: Its just you and a known troll. Mentioning sales. So what? 2k13 sold 5 mil with a higher price tag in a time where video game sales are at an all time low. Kind of validates my OP huh? So stop sitting here going on and on about them because they were not fukking with the platformers, fighting, or RPGs back in that time

Wow u are just stupid as fukk...

1. Who the fukk are u to say wut was a system seller. Show n prove.

2. 2k13 was not more expensive.

3. 2k13 hasn't even sold 2 million for ps3. We were talking about a single console. Just the fact Madden sold 1.5 million year in, year out on ps1 tells u that the general public was supporting sports games and that ur wrong but ur an ignorant fakkit who won't accept the truth. Even NASCAR 98 sold 1.16 million. Sports games were just as prominent in the 90s as they are today, accept it.

4. Game sales are nearly the highest they've ever been, where the fukk do u get all-time low. :laff:

5. There are 3 people just on this page (edit: last page) that are telling u ur wrong and more of 'the public' tellin u they fukked with sports games on the previous pages. If the BROADER GENERAL PUBLIC was on the tip u said, that would mean there are more people saying the opposite of wut I'm sayin. Yet u can't even get ONE person to co-sign ur nonsense. Kinda validates MY arguement

Everything u say is wrong, just shut the fukk up. :snoop:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Wow u are just stupid as fukk...

1. Who the fukk are u to say wut was a system seller. Show n prove.

2. 2k13 was not more expensive.

3. 2k13 hasn't even sold 2 million for ps3. We were talking about a single console. Just the fact Madden sold 1.5 million year in, year out on ps1 tells u that the general public was supporting sports games and that ur wrong but ur an ignorant fakkit who won't accept the truth. Even NASCAR 98 sold 1.16 million. Sports games were just as prominent in the 90s as they are today, accept it.

4. Game sales are nearly the highest they've ever been, where the fukk do u get all-time low. :laff:

5. There are 3 people just on this page (edit: last page) that are telling u ur wrong and more of 'the public' tellin u they fukked with sports games on the previous pages. If the BROADER GENERAL PUBLIC was on the tip u said, that would mean there are more people saying the opposite of wut I'm sayin. Yet u can't even get ONE person to co-sign ur nonsense. Kinda validates MY arguement

Everything u say is wrong, just shut the fukk up. :snoop:

1) Top 10 in Sales - Sega Genesis / Mega Drive - VGChartz

2) Breh, games in the PS1 era were in the $40-$50 dollar range. fukk are you talking about. The fact that franchises like 2K are breaking their records selling games at 60$ proves my point that sports games are much more popular and accepted by the larger gaming audience today.

3) Yea you are dumb. Because you continuously keep claiming that I'm saying that ppl didn't support games when I said(and continue to say) that they weren't console movers. Maybe you are an example type learner. Ok breh. People were buying Genesis for Sonic and fighters. Not Madden or some off brand David Robinson basketball game.

4) Video games sales are fukking low. Do I need to find you various articles on it or how companies are complaining about the disappointing sales numbers for their titles(ie Square?)

5) Stop looking for bailouts. My link just shut down your argument. And for the record, plenty of ppl in this thread and the dreamcast thread have said something similar about sports gaming not being as prominent in that era as it is today

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
:aicmon: Listen here child

1. Sports games are NEVER in the Top 10 sold, not even today: Top 10 in Sales - Xbox 360 - VGChartz

Atleast your link had NBA Jam :umad:

2. Toys "R" Us Christmas catalog from 1996...

Madden 97 Genesis/SNES = $60

Madden on Playstation is only $47.99 with a coupon! :krs:

:patrice:Let me just punch that into an inflation calculator

hmmmm.... that's $71.25 today :umad:

3. Your original point I quoted was that "no one really fukked with sports games in the 90s" I was never talkin about system mover, u just brought that up outta nowhere :snoop:

4. Video game industry - Video Game Sales Wiki - Video Game Sales, Charts, NPD, Graphs, Video Game Figures, and more!

As you can see sales are better than they ever were. Lower sales than the previous quarter or last years quarter doesn't = "all time low" you goof :umad:

5. My link from the same site, just shot down yours :umad:

I'm only talkin about you sayin the "broader general public" didn't fukk with sports games in the 90s :ufdup:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Sega Genesis had a few great classics like Streets of Rage 2, the Sonic series and Shinobi 3, but SNES went way too hard. Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, Kirby, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Megaman X series, Super Bomberman (I liked it better than Mega Bomberman).

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Technically, English comes from the old Germanic/Norse/Viking tribes but this isn't History. :troll: Point is get your "I'm cool, I'm down let me mention NBA JAM to fit it" face ass outta here knowing damn well it was actually fifa or some other soccer game. And PS just because you add a gif doesn't make your post any funnier

Im trying to be cool and down by mentioning nba jam?

:rudy:

Wtf? :laff: you was definitely a lame geek nerd with no friends growing up. NBA Jam aint no gotdamn obscure game to bring up :laff: are you drunk or something?

And technically there arent any indigenous people of these lands, so what's your point? The language youre using right now was still birthed in this country you mong

So technically, factually and figuratively you can stfu now :troll:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
2) Breh, games in the PS1 era were in the $40-$50 dollar range. fukk are you talking about. The fact that franchises like 2K are breaking their records selling games at 60$ proves my point that sports games are much more popular and accepted by the larger gaming audience today.

3) Yea you are dumb. Because you continuously keep claiming that I'm saying that ppl didn't support games when I said(and continue to say) that they weren't console movers. Maybe you are an example type learner. Ok breh. People were buying Genesis for Sonic and fighters. Not Madden or some off brand David Robinson basketball game.

a couple things that they didn't mention to your dumb@$$.

I luv 2k sports but its easy for them to break records when theyre basically the only game in town. youre comparing it to eras where there were a plethora of basketball titles to choose from. EA Sports doesn't even have a basketball game out these days. same chit for madden breaking football records. who cares?

and yes, plenty of people were indeed buying genesis systems, as well as playstation & dreamcast with sports being their top priority. its one of the main things that set genesis apart and helped them win the 16-bit sales-wars over snes.

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im trying to be cool and down by mentioning nba jam?

:rudy:

Wtf? :laff: you was definitely a lame geek nerd with no friends growing up. NBA Jam aint no gotdamn obscure game to bring up :laff: are you drunk or something?

And technically there arent any indigenous people of these lands, so what's your point? The language youre using right now was still birthed in this country you mong

So technically, factually and figuratively you can stfu now :troll:

:russ: the bolded made me laugh for some reason.

The way ya'll nikkas are going at each other in this thread has me :dead:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
lol @ dude in here poppin tags for the new gen games.

don't he know that the 16-bit joints used to run $60-65?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
31pzvkP48EL.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJDcFDmM4ylQSBRw07ik5hw~~60_1.JPG

Game%20Genesis-331-2T.jpg

Road%20Rash%203.jpg

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
yea mine is collectin dust bunnies under my bed till this day...but be damned if i didn't plug it in one time and the bytch was still tickin...:win:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
1) Top 10 in Sales - Sega Genesis / Mega Drive - VGChartz

4) Video games sales are fukking low. Do I need to find you various articles on it or how companies are complaining about the disappointing sales numbers for their titles(ie Square?)

5) Stop looking for bailouts. My link just shut down your argument. And for the record, plenty of ppl in this thread and the dreamcast thread have said something similar about sports gaming not being as prominent in that era as it is today

unless your name is god you have no way of knowing this..... :comeon: maybe people you knew bought it for sonic and fighters but some people might have bought it for madden or whatever else game they liked

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I don't know about yall, but I was rockin moreso with the Montana football joints thru most of the genesis era. then I made the switch to madden at the end, and then rode wit it from then on out. to this day.

images

220px-NFL_Football_'94_Starring_Joe_Montana_Cover.jpg

220px-NFL_'95_Coverart.png

also, gotta shout out "super high impact". it was the game the probably solidified my dad's purchase of the genesis. also, its one of the better pseudo-sports games ive ever played.....yet, its kinda forgotten. lol. I forgot they had an Africa team.

images

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGntQnwYLwk"]Super High Impact-(Genesis)- Gameplay Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
Yea we always rocked both, cuz sumtimes only the snes was available. I remember my friends older brother had Montana '94 n when we played that we thought it shyt all over Madden. Played it everytime he was ghost.... Deion Sanders prime time football was my favorite year of Sega football tho. Rented it at blockbuster when it came out n ended up buyin it

Went back to Madden on ps1 although we played more basketball on ps1 than football. The non-madden football games like QB club sucked

Then 2k dropped n crushed the buildings till EA got that exclusivity n I had to crawl back to madden again lol