Seems Like The PS5 DualSense Is A Game-Changer

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
So far it seems like almost every game supports it right out the gate. 38 games comprised of 1st and 3rd party developers. Fortnite just confirmed dualsense support as well. I remember reading that Sony has made it very easy to support dualsense so it isn't something that devs have to go out of their way to add in their games.

I wonder will shots and footsteps be on whichever side that they coming from :patrice: this something I’ll just have to test for myself

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
lets be real ps5 controller is dope
but how much bigger is the battery for this?
haptic feedback is already in switch, this isnt more of a hardware function as compared to a programming function inside of the games themselves
the triggers are a good idea for realism but its gonna be garbage when you are using a degraded weapon and you cant use the action button ... or when you get fatigue in sports games and it just doesnt let you use turbo at all

that's gonna be fun as fukk honestly but annoying to explain in party chat :russ: "I tried to take it to the hole strong, but R2 was jammed up homie :troll:" I'd say battery size of controller is the biggest factor here, it should be good enough for a long ass gaming day though. They still got the speaker in the controller?

I hope/expect that those kind of functions would be configurable as game options, cause it could definitely get annoying if it’s implemented poorly. That shyt could be a deal breaker

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
lets be real ps5 controller is dope
but how much bigger is the battery for this?
haptic feedback is already in switch, this isnt more of a hardware function as compared to a programming function inside of the games themselves
the triggers are a good idea for realism but its gonna be garbage when you are using a degraded weapon and you cant use the action button ... or when you get fatigue in sports games and it just doesnt let you use turbo at all

that's gonna be fun as fukk honestly but annoying to explain in party chat :russ: "I tried to take it to the hole strong, but R2 was jammed up homie :troll:" I'd say battery size of controller is the biggest factor here, it should be good enough for a long ass gaming day though. They still got the speaker in the controller?

the battery life is apparently 3x that of the DS4
I expect first party titles to use it to the fullest extent. But using it for 3rd party joints as Dualsense features is a great win. Dunno how that is bad. Of course cross platform shyt is out.
There's not only a speaker in the controller, but the mic as well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder will shots and footsteps be on whichever side that they coming from :patrice: this something I’ll just have to test for myself
Yeah, a few descriptions by journalists have said so. In Astrobot the footsteps alternate from left to right on the controller and the feel of it changes depending upon the material the characters are walking on.

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix
I wonder what the life expectancy going to be of this controller(moving parts)/people dropping them. Along with the battery life. :ehh:

Hopefully yall can turn that dumb shyt off just to save the parts on the controller and battery life. Happy For you Lony Stans :ehh:
:sadcam: Imma need an otter box.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
the battery life is apparently 3x that of the DS4
I expect first party titles to use it to the fullest extent. But using it for 3rd party joints as Dualsense features is a great win. Dunno how that is bad. Of course cross platform shyt is out.
There's not only a speaker in the controller, but the mic as well.

that's really dope... the battery on the last one was good as well, it lasted long enough to game for a considerable amount of time, I've been waiting for them to put a mic into it too.

what would be cool is if they made strength matter in 2k more, and when you posted up... the L2 button would only let you gain limited position

but like I said besides the triggers, haptic feedback has already been a thing, it seems like they are just using it in a better controller and the difference is in the programming of the games. You could easily program footsteps and what not into a switch controller. But with PSVR and just in general this will make every game way more immersive. Turismo is about to be nuts with this shyt, the feeling of rocks crumbling when you're crawling.... even in a sorcery build on certain games imagine powering up and letting that hammer off :banderas:

Pineal Gland

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PG County
that's really dope... the battery on the last one was good as well, it lasted long enough to game for a considerable amount of time, I've been waiting for them to put a mic into it too.

what would be cool is if they made strength matter in 2k more, and when you posted up... the L2 button would only let you gain limited position

but like I said besides the triggers, haptic feedback has already been a thing, it seems like they are just using it in a better controller and the difference is in the programming of the games. You could easily program footsteps and what not into a switch controller. But with PSVR and just in general this will make every game way more immersive. Turismo is about to be nuts with this shyt, the feeling of rocks crumbling when you're crawling.... even in a sorcery build on certain games imagine powering up and letting that hammer off :banderas:
NBA 2K21 NEXT-GEN GAMEPLAY COURTSIDE REPORT #2

PS5 Trigger Effect

Something that always excites us as developers is the introduction of new hardware features that come along with new consoles. When we first heard about the PlayStation 5’s adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, we immediately began brainstorming ways to use them to enhance the gameplay experience. As soon as we got our hands on the dev kits, our lead engineer experimented with several different prototypes to figure out what made the most sense for a basketball game.

For the adaptive triggers, we opted to use them to convey energy/fatigue. As you move around the court, you’ll feel more and more resistance on the Sprint trigger as your player’s energy drains. We also use adaptive resistance in the post game. Strong post players will feel very little resistance on L2 when backing down weaker opponents, but you’ll have to use more force to pull L2 when it’s the other way around. It’s very interesting to play with and helps immerse you into the experience of actually being on the basketball court!

As for haptic feedback, we used it to accentuate our various collision systems. Boxouts, body-up rides, off-ball collisions/deny/rides… basically any situation where players make significant contact will vibrate the controller at various intensities depending on the strength of the players involved and the severity of the impact. It’s so dope to feel the difference in your hands between a grazing bump and hard hit. It’s also a great reinforcement tool to understand when you’re making players work too hard on the court, which could hit their energy/stamina levels and potentially cause wear-and-tear on their bodies with our in-depth injury system.

There’s so much more that happened on the engineering front to raise the bar in building NBA 2K21’s next-gen tech, but these are just the main ones I wanted to bring to your attention for today. New technology is always exciting and I love seeing how advancements in the hardware lead to advancements in the software, which then birth new gameplay features and push the genre forward. Make sure to check out next week’s final gameplay Courtside Report as I reveal details about player builds, badges, takeover, and improvements to AI!

· Mike Wang @Beluba (NBA 2K Gameplay Director)

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
All MS did was add a share button. Which Sony had since the start of last gen.

Sony innovates. MS imitates.

Indeed :blessed:

MS studios created MSFS2020 the first game in history to map every city, island etc in 3d

Street level detail and with a complex weather model that updates in real time but nah, that isnt innovative

Real innovation is a controller with variably stiff triggers and vibrations :blessed:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse

MS studios created MSFS2020 the first game in history to map every city, island etc in 3d

Street level detail and with a complex weather model that updates in real time but nah, that isnt innovative

Real innovation is a controller with variably stiff triggers and vibrations :blessed:

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F201001161622-microsoft-flight-simulator-1.jpg

:snooze:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

How and when does that translate into the games? Are there games using that technology currently or coming down the line? Or is it just Flight Simulator? I’m not even on some Stan shyt with that. I’m legit interested.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
NBA 2K21 NEXT-GEN GAMEPLAY COURTSIDE REPORT #2

PS5 Trigger Effect

Something that always excites us as developers is the introduction of new hardware features that come along with new consoles. When we first heard about the PlayStation 5’s adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, we immediately began brainstorming ways to use them to enhance the gameplay experience. As soon as we got our hands on the dev kits, our lead engineer experimented with several different prototypes to figure out what made the most sense for a basketball game.

For the adaptive triggers, we opted to use them to convey energy/fatigue. As you move around the court, you’ll feel more and more resistance on the Sprint trigger as your player’s energy drains. We also use adaptive resistance in the post game. Strong post players will feel very little resistance on L2 when backing down weaker opponents, but you’ll have to use more force to pull L2 when it’s the other way around. It’s very interesting to play with and helps immerse you into the experience of actually being on the basketball court!

As for haptic feedback, we used it to accentuate our various collision systems. Boxouts, body-up rides, off-ball collisions/deny/rides… basically any situation where players make significant contact will vibrate the controller at various intensities depending on the strength of the players involved and the severity of the impact. It’s so dope to feel the difference in your hands between a grazing bump and hard hit. It’s also a great reinforcement tool to understand when you’re making players work too hard on the court, which could hit their energy/stamina levels and potentially cause wear-and-tear on their bodies with our in-depth injury system.

There’s so much more that happened on the engineering front to raise the bar in building NBA 2K21’s next-gen tech, but these are just the main ones I wanted to bring to your attention for today. New technology is always exciting and I love seeing how advancements in the hardware lead to advancements in the software, which then birth new gameplay features and push the genre forward. Make sure to check out next week’s final gameplay Courtside Report as I reveal details about player builds, badges, takeover, and improvements to AI!

· Mike Wang @Beluba (NBA 2K Gameplay Director)
This shyt sounds ridiculous :whoo:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Ah yes

Because posting an in game glitch proves it isnt one of the most innovative games of our generation

You sony sluts are real sharp :mjgrin:
Man, nobody cares about that game. Getting more accurate maps? That’s just a natural progression not some sort of innovative breakthrough...
:camby:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
How and when does that translate into the games? Are there games using that technology currently or coming down the line? Or is it just Flight Simulator? I’m not even on some Stan shyt with that. I’m legit interested.

Good question.

Yes it will translate to other games. MS has invested billions into the tech in question (cloud computation) over the years and for good reason, MSFS2020 is just the first game to demonstrate it properly.

Our current hardware on both SX and PS5 simply cant run a game of that magnitude without server side support, it simply impossible and our hardware wont be able to until a good few generations at least. If ever.

We're talking about petrebytes of data being processed and offloaded. Most next gen consoles will be at most 150-200 GB at very most, right? Well, 1 petrebyte = 1000000 gigabytes. Let that sink in for real.

Really think about it, MSFS2020 displays the entire planet, every city, street, island, complex weather change, dynamically, in high definition seamlessly, no loading no nothing. And MS have somehow found a way to make this work on the SX and previous gen xbox's. To anyone halfway intelligent its mind blowing.

The utility for next gen game is obvious, imagine the graphical fidelity, physics and effects that sort of tech can accomplish.

That is the real innovative jump. But alas, the general population much like this forum is too stupid to really think that deeply about sht and is only good for trolling.

So, back to trolling :mjgrin:

Last edited: