Secure the bag day: College Football early signing day Wednesday Dec 19th

Does scUM still suck?

• Total voters

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
UCLA the same amount of offers as Stanford:russ:Chip Kelly still don't give a fukk about recruiting. 60th ranked class:scust:UCLA gonna regret that hire.
Since your little crush got promoted in Eugene, you felt you got some idea of how P12 recruiting works. Stick to your conference buddy :ufdup:

Kelly's implemented a new approach to recruiting at UCLA with the "golden ticket" offer and "slaytics" analytics. The fan base is mixed on this including me. It's not because he has a different evaluation system than the ranking sites, so the recruits he won't necessarily make the big splash with the media. It's because he's been losing the battles for the kids he's actually recruiting for positions of need (WB Daniels to ASU, Latu to Washington, Goforth and McCoy leaning to USC). After McCoy took a OV to UCLA, his comments were essentially "UCLA shocked me, but I wish they started recruiting me earlier to build the relationship". This has been the story for others. He's changed the culture to a business-like one compared to the lax one Mora had. Also, Mora recruited kids based on site rankings and didn't have an actual system to plug them in. That's why we ended up with 4 and 5-star like SoSo, Jaelan Phillips, Zach Whitley, Chris Clark, and Mique Juarez who didn't make much impact. UCLA used to be able to recruit itself when athletes just got the minimum amount of interest required. That's not the case anymore with Kelly's non-traditional approach.

Still, it's understood he has to make adjustments to his approach, but CCK has actually been recruiting this go around, just for the long game. He was up at 4 am in his office after the season ended evaluating tape of HS kids and has visited every major HS program in CA/OR/WA to build long term relationships with coaches. I'm not judging until will see how his 2020/21 class turns out. So far, we have some legit leans for top end talent in the West for the 20 class, but doesn't mean much now if we don't stay on them while USC, Oregon and Washington bring the bag.

So year, recruiting under Chip isn't going to be fun to follow until we start winning.

We were able to pull the top OL in the West who was a heavy USC lean before the summer :whew:

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
NE just signed 2 "high effort, lunch pail" kids :mjgrin:

I'm waiting for 4* DE Ty Robinson (Bama, Nebraska, USC, Oregon, Cal) to announce and my day will be complete

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NE just signed 2 "high effort, lunch pail" kids :mjgrin:

I'm waiting for 4* DE Ty Robinson (Bama, Nebraska, USC, Oregon, Cal) to announce and my day will be complete
Who is it down to? I saw you leading for him last time I checked with SC in distant 2nd.