Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Yes. It's a major part of what ruined the industry

Men have walked away en masse because everything has "Men are bad, women are the greatest" written all over it

Nikkas have been in denial (you see it in a lot of older MCU threads) for years but we see where everything has fallen :francis:
The problem isn’t that it’s geared to women, it’s that there seems to be zero inspiration or motivation from the writers other than that. It’s pandering to women in the most cynical way.

Barbie is an easy comparison…targeting the same audience with the same message but done in a competent, thoughtful way. Probably cost less than this show also :mjlol:

This is what Marvel Set has had such a hard time wrapping their head around.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I hear you. The bigger issue from jump is that it's hard to make an interesting storyline in this universe with hundreds of people who can shape shift. WTF was taking them so long to takeover the world!?!? It wasn't clear what the limitations to their powers are. Doesn't seem like any. They can be anyone and even have super strength.

You give me 3 shapeshifting nikkas and I promise we can take over the White House by Tuesday.
That’s what I mean about Gravik’s plan not making sense. Right before the mutiny they called him out on it.. he knew Vara wouldn’t kill Fury… he’s just wasting time while the die hard followers want a home.

There was an underlying point about generational confrontations but again they never developed it.

I just think in trying to call it a secret invasion they didn’t have the scale for they just should have done a shield/saber Nick Fury vs a band of Skrulls story

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Dog, see what I mean when I was talking about MCU stans and MoS complaints in a previous thread of yours? Both of these characters had MULTIPLE hero and villain superpowers and they should’ve been wrecking shyt. But nah, they confined that fight to the equivalent of Fred G. Sanfords junkyard.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember saying in a thread somewhere that these Disney plus shows was an amazing idea, I thought they would be great for smaller world building and introductions, these Disney Plus shows have mostly been a bust

Wandervisiom, Moon Knight, F&TWS & Secret Invasion all started off interesting enough but fell off in the last episode where it matters most

She Hulk & Ms Marvel were terrible

Lokis finale was great but most of the whole season leading up to that was boring

Never thought Hawkeye would be the one I most enjoyed, my only main criticism would be the watered down Fisk

Last edited:

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Yes. It's a major part of what ruined the industry

Men have walked away en masse because everything has "Men are bad, women are the greatest" written all over it

Nikkas have been in denial (you see it in a lot of older MCU threads) for years but we see where everything has fallen :francis:
I almost cut it off when fury had that line about his superpower being his mom and his wife . The British bytch who said something about men’s podcast or some shyt before head shoting the scientist , Then the girl is a super duper god skrull .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we had people in this thread going :krs: over that embarrassingly poor shoot out scene on the side of the road with the president. I think someone here compares it to the Heat shootout :dead:

that scene looked terrible and it was nonsensical. MCU is dead to me right now; there isn’t anything to be excited about. It’s sad but true because I used to be invested in this. It’s rubbish at this point

Zero excitement for Loki season 2, The Marvels or the Echo show