Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This CGI is terrible

Edit: wait, so these folks have been held up on an old nuke facility and just walking around all Willy nilly

Edit x2: this shyt was rushed. Marvel has to recognize what characters make a good show and which ones could’ve been a movie. This could’ve been a movie…a disappointing one but still.

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Thought the fight with Gravik would be more… something.
Yea it kinda just happened. Episode would be better if they added more time to that fight.

Still aftermath of it all was interesting. I'm assuming this all leads to that The Marvels movie that comes out next I think?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You think fox cared about making good movies.
:what:
:dead:

:what:
Jennifer Lawrence was popular that is why they made mystique the lead.

Tbh, altho they botched the landing at the end, they had some good x-movies with high cinemascores and RT scores (X2, First Class, DoFP, Logan)... even had the original "RDJ" in Hugh Jackman... but x-men was simply never poppin like that in the box office, for various reasons.

DP aside, they hit their peak with DoFP, which had Jackman again as the lead but Lawrence as the "it" female. So once he left, yea they likely felt she was their only money maker (alongside McAvoy and Fassbender), not realizing the shift to IPs being more important than actors. Apocalypse being a trash movie that killed all remaining good will from the IP (DoFP) was the bigger detriment than Lawrence's expanded role imo.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Cause Fury knows where the Harvest is

But that in turn opens up the can of worms if this was ever about the nukes and Invasion. The show is setting up the Harvest as important but Gravik’s actions until now didn’t seem like it was

Breh this was a spoiler... I wasn't at this point yet :dead:

At least they explained it cuz it made no sense at the time.

Also, it seems like Rhodey hasn't always been a skrull and his body is probably somewhere in captivity while the current Rhodey is played by a skrull. That's cool and all but I would like it better if Rhodey had ALWAYS been a skrull.

EDIT: I haven't seen the finale yet.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Kinda feel like they wasted a really great villain in Gravik/Kinglsey Ben Adir.
Yeah. I feel like they hamstrung the idea of Fury’s sin of using the Skrulls into a secret invasion story.

Like if this was about Gravik trying to take Fury’s spot as leader of Earth’s clandestine forces, this probably would have been great. A real spy movie of matching wits.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Breh this was a spoiler... I wasn't at this point yet :dead:

At least they explained it cuz it made no sense at the time.

Also, it seems like Rhodey hasn't always been a skrull and his body is probably somewhere in captivity while the current Rhodey is played by a skrull. That's cool and all but I would like it better if Rhodey had ALWAYS been a skrull.

EDIT: I haven't seen the finale yet.
The episode titled “Harvest“ had aired by that point. My bad but also…not really my bad.

Nah. Rhodey always being a Skrull wouldn’t make sense. They only took over people that furthered their goal of nuking Earth with a global conflict. Rhodey only became that important later in the MCU. He’s just a random Colonel at the beginning

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Yeah something is broken. This was mid and I’m blaming it on the budget and who Disney is getting to write. I’m all for giving people a shot, but for some of these shows, they get writers from other popular shows, but what is missing is the showrunners from those shows. This show had a writer from Mr. Robot. She-Hulk had writers from Rick and Morty. And you can tell because it wasn’t all bullshyt. It’s not like anything has been hot steaming trash. I can see there’s something there, but something is really missing in all these shows.