Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
The show suffered from low budget and small scale; especially obvious during the action scenes, most set pieces and CGI.

War Machine was a damsel needing to be rescued. And Fury didn't even get the major bad guy himself.

Not sure who this show was supposed to be for; why call it "skrull invasion" if it has nothing to do with those comics? And who is this off brand great value Kl'rt ?

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I finished watching it and still got tons of questions like the war was over fury / giah won... why would ritson make a screed like that on national tv??:what: like i get it why your mad but fighting an alien race in the streets aint good for business... got vigilantes killing innocent people if they get it wrong :dead:

Is it me or is something wrong with the president like maybe he could be hydra???? or something else???:jbhmm: my spider sense is tingling about him.

The ending felt rushed and giving giah all that DNA of all the heroes and villains is way too dangerous...

7.5 / 10 :beli:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This could simply be down to being able to write from scratch to having the the confines of where to start and end.

This is one of my main problems with DCEU Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey vs animated Harley. One excels cause it has access to every part of the DCU with few restrictions while the other can‘t use Batgirl except in name only in a Birds of Prey movie.
This show has every part of the MCU to play with, but it feels like they’re limited on time to tell the story and budget. This goes for Star Wars D+ shows too. Because even with the first two seasons of The Mandalorian, which were loved, the main issue people had was the time. As far as the MCU goes, everyone doesn’t need a show. Pick a handful of characters and give them a few fleshed out seasons. Everything also doesn’t need to fit in with what’s going on in a Phase.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Huh? The show had a budget of $200+ million. fukkin Oppenheimer was half this shows budget.
Which is why something is very off. Different show, but Silo on Apple TV cost $300 million. It feels like they used all of it. I think it’s because they aren’t making TV shows. They’re making movies to be cut down into episodes.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This show has every part of the MCU to play with, but it feels like they’re limited on time to tell the story and budget. This goes for Star Wars D+ shows too. Because even with the first two seasons of The Mandalorian, which were loved, the main issue people had was the time. As far as the MCU goes, everyone doesn’t need a show. Pick a handful of characters and give them a few fleshed out seasons. Everything also doesn’t need to fit in with what’s going on in a Phase.
The Fantastic Four don’t even exist yet. A Super Skrull and no Fantastic Four?

Nah. The show is hamstrung by limitations of where the MCU is. The Avengers don’t really exist. There is no Shield and Saber is not really explored.

The idea of the show is fine but they actually needed to put more of the post blip politics into place to make it work.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Huh? The show had a budget of $200+ million. fukkin Oppenheimer was half this shows budget.
How much of that goes into production? I'm not seeing where they spent the money ; avoiding skrull transformations on screen, small-scale action scenes, the Presidential hospital room looking like a cheap hotel...etc

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
How much of that goes into production? I'm not seeing where they spent the money ; avoiding skrull transformations on screen, small-scale action scenes, the Presidential hospital room looking like a cheap hotel...etc
Apparently a chunk of it went into the final episode