Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
On the surface, it would seem like it has the potential but I think with everything combined and how everything has been executed to this point, it seems disorganized as fukk.

And then Olivia Coleman’s character seems to be aggressive enough trying to get info, exposing skrulls left and right

It seems like they could handle it by themselves.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I like Sam Jackson in this so I’m fine with it but the complaints have merit.

Too many stories being told at once and too much focus on minor characters. Shang Chi should have been had another movie out, or at least another appearance or 2 somewhere
The budget of D+ is slowing these shows down. They are trying to keep payroll low by not doing any crossover but the audience isn't going for it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
If thor was a skrull he wouldn’t be worthy right?
good call, was just using a big dog as an example. Rhodey being the big Skrull reveal was obvious and weak. Nick being one would be whatever since he's been off planet and we've seen him as one already. this show needed something truly shocking, and i don't think that's coming. ending this show basically saying, "there are super skrulls now!" sucks. shoulda just cut this shyt out and started there tbh. we've got 400000 things we're still waiting to pay off, now we also need to see how the Skrull shyt plays out?

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
dem post credits ain't saving the mid no more. gotta have legit good shyt.

writing has been meh
bad decisions on the executive end (should recasted T'Challa but at least the movie was profitable and not terrible)
forgetting your target audience (the feminine heroine push is a bit much. gotta know your audience and not overdo shyt)

Just give us the fukkin mutants and don't butcher it!

They hate their target audience, and they want to replace them. How Disney treats fans of their properties is like if McDonald’s starting running commercials calling their customers a bunch of disgusting fat asses.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
the only thing this show can do at this point that would get people talking is a last minute reveal of like 6 characters we've been with for years in those brain electricity stasis machines,

they'll show that evil emperor skrull is heading for earth

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This show is nothing but Fury being character assassinated
Exactly. Just beating him down in every scene but the thing is we're never shown why he has fallen off or not the same Fury. Disney has really dropped the ball on all of this shyt. The Skrulls could've been a nice follow up after Thanos but they're so short sighted and cheap that they skimmed on this show and it's glaringly obvious.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
they'll show that evil emperor skrull is heading for earth
:manny: and i feel like i'll be in there saying... "why couldn't that have just been the inciting incident? why the hell did we need all that Gravik buildup bullshyt? When are we gonna see this dude again? 6 years from now? etc bytch whine moan mcu bad."

Conz

Superstar
Daps
they paid Khaleesi's quote for her to just be some little chick running around in the background for 6 episodes, but don't worry b/c she's probably gonna be the MCU proper's Super Skrull hero just to piss you all off. Maybe she can be Elaine Benes's #2 or something! Everyone was clamoring for more of Talos's daughter. Glad they got a big name for that instead of letting Shang-chi show his face for the first time in 4 years or something.

also, they hired Oliva Colman to be goofy twice an episode. 2x Oscar winner. Brought approximately 7 new viewers to the property. They could've probably gotten Sharon Horgan or something for half the price.

Honestly, the best part of this entire series so far was the open. They have Martin Freeman, a character we've become fairly familiar with but don't really care about, be a Skrull reveal. it was a good starting point. start with a known c-list mcu character and we're all thinking, "Damn, it's probably only gonna escalate from here. Next is definitely Rhodes! Then who? it could be anyo--no it's pretty much just Rhodes. the guy everyone cynically predicted." I really have no clue how they can end this show with any hype.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
There was A LOT of mid during the Infinity Saga...it's just that the great movies overshadowed the mid and them post credit scenes had people excusing the mid.

X-Men gotta get this shyt back on track. I do think the new Cap could be a nice surprise.

If Ryan and Deadpool end up getting shyt back on track :dead:

not nearly as much, and the infinity saga of it all excused a lot of shyt, but that was the ultimate draw. multiverse and whatever the fukk most of phase 4 was is just a mess

this show is the most boring shyt they've ever done barnone, and that includes Eternals and Moonknight

As much credit as Fegie got as this mastermind orchestrator, you could argue the (critical) success of the Infinity Saga ultimately came down to the Russos directing back-to-back bangers (Civil War, Infinity War) and then sticking the landing with the last 40 minutes of End Game.

In addition, sometimes less is more with how it shapes perception. i.e. Conz mentions there wasn't nearly as much mid back then, but that's in part bc there wasn't as much content coming out. Less moving pieces and actually having to wait for the big tent pole movies to tie things together. Recall the first two ant-man movies each had 8-10 month gaps between their respective debuts and the next MCU project.

QBN

All Star
Daps
Man....the show is mid, but I'll finish it. Just wanted to express :scust: that Fury chose to marry a Skrull in blackface instead of a real Black woman. :mjpls:

Hollywood really hates showing a true Black man & Black woman in a loving relationship, like g'damn.. :stopitslime: