Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This storyline is emasculating to War Machine.

The MCU handles his character like their trying to ruin him on purpose.

I hope armor wars is the redemption...:snoop: because they need to put some respeck on his name...

But....that's not really War Machine.

And if anything, it opens up massive amounts of room for Rhodey's backstory and character development. This is essentially a prequel to Armor Wars. Feige and probably Sam's intent is to get people interested in Rhodey and the film he's getting ready to headline.

Now people are going all the way back to IM 1 to get a sense of who he is and who he isn't...when he changed ect.

Last edited:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I coulda swore I just saw you in another thread kinda asking people to fill in certain gaps for you in regards to the MCU fam. Not say everybody has to keep up with everything but for the sake of debate, you should know certain things.
Thor is off world, Carol is off world. Falcon is not "Falcon" anymore...Hill is...I mean have you even watched THIS show? :laff:

It seems like you're mystified how all of these random people don't step in, but there are pefectly valid reasons why, ESPECIALLY for Secret Invasion.

That nikka actually brought up Hill :bryan:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
But....that's not really War Machine.

And if anything, it opens up massive amounts of room for Rhodey's backstory and character development. This is essentially a prequel to Armor Wars. Feige and probably Sam's intent is to get people interested in Rhodey and the film he's getting ready to headline.

Now people are going all the way back to IM 1 to get a sense of who he is and who he isn't...when he changed ect.
I hear you. But I'm referring to how he's mostly been played as a joke since his introduction into the MCU.

Armor hacked in IM2,
Held hostage in IM3,
Paralyzed in CW ( Which was bad for his character in the source comics, no need to carry it over into film),
Now he's been kidnapped and replaced by skulls.

He takes so many Ls. What little kid would want to play with his toys or read his comics at this point?

Hopefully they'll retcon his story so it was the skrull taking those Ls.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this is a big fat nothing. at this point i don't know what they could possibly do that would leave me :ohhh:

Nick is a Skrull the whole time or some shyt - who cares.
Someone high up in the government leaves the show as a Skrull or something - who cares.

at the very least, have a scene where we see the real Rhodey (if he still exists) in one of those stupid brain electricity stasis chambers, and pan over next to him to show... fukk, who would even be shocking or matter at this point? Wong or something? actually, there's not a single current MCU character, that if revealed to be a Skrull, would make me care that much. What would the ramifications even be? if fukkin Bruce Banner was a Skrull or something, who cares, he's on our side and has proven he's on our side. would that set up a nefarious Hulk moving forward? WTF am i even talking about?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because in episode 1 Fury hesitated attacking Gravik MULTIPLE times. While Gravik has immediately killed everyone else but always holds back from killing Fury HIMSELF:mjtf:

AND what he is doing to Fury is too personal. There is zero reason to be taunting him, discrediting him and then personally killing people close to Fury right in front of him when there is a greater mission.

It is happening because they obviously have some sort of personal connection than it just being “oh you didn’t get us planet so I’m gonna ruin your entire life and PUNISH you” he is trying to start a nuclear war so it shouldn’t even matter.
They showed when they first met tho and Gravik was like a teenager.
They would have to make a different flashback showing Fury was always a Skrull, the Fury here is a Skrull and not the real Fury or some shyt like that.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, this ain't hitting for me like I thought it would but it's still okay. Maybe it's because Sam is just too old.

But that scene with Fury and his Wife was dope tho. And you can definitely tell that Sam had some input on the writing or adlibbed a lot.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
and they need to basically create mutants soon

The celestials being is what allegedly is supposed to trigger the x-gene mutation in the MCU rumors have it.... :ld: and also because in the comics the mutant x-gene derives from them... :francis: shyt is crazy... the mutants will be mentioned in Cap 4 NWO

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem